Bo Pelini

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,637.92
I'm curious what the perception of Bo and tbe Husker program is around here. There is quite a divide amongst Huskers fans and rumors are flying about his status.
So, what do you all think of Pelini?
If the coaching job were to open up do you think the Huskers can draw a coach that will improve the team?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,793.22
I think Pelini is an embarrassment to the Husker program and you could find another coach to bring what he has brung, without the extra bs.

I have never liked him, personally I think he's a complete azzhat
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,712.42
The top two responsibilities of a coach are winning and recruiting. If you aren't great at both then you must be great in other areas to compensate. Bo is not great at anything. Or even good. Lots of coaches are poops, but they are successful.

Crazy that he is getting another year.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,637.92
OarChambo wrote:The top two responsibilities of a coach are winning and recruiting. If you aren't great at both then you must be great in other areas to compensate. Bo is not great at anything. Or even good. Lots of coaches are poops, but they are successful.

Crazy that he is getting another year.

I think there are a few factors that ended up with him getting the "vote of confidence" not the least of which is a $7.4 million buyout, add in what NU would have to pay the rest of his staff and the bill hits $11 million plus. Injuries on the offensive side of the ball decimated them to the point of gutting. And there's a ton of young talent on the defensive side that may sprout into a very good squad next year. So HUGE buyout, decimated offense and defensive potential get Bo one more year.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
10ball wrote:I think Pelini is an embarrassment to the Husker program and you could find another coach to bring what he has brung, without the extra bs.

I have never liked him, personally I think he's a complete azzhat

X2

He makes Saban look warm and fuzzy but without all the annoying coaching talent.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
Hes doing something right. 5-3/7-1/5-3 in the B1G isn't shabby all considering. Like J mentioned - that team this season was a skeleton of itself at times with injuries.

Expectations were too high to begin with when he rolled into the new conference imo, but the team has done some good things and won some tough games along the way. The teams' 2012 finish wasn't solid.. I think thats what sticks in peoples craws the most from the Husker faithful I've talked with. A lot of resentment for how the team got rolled in the conference championship game and then gave up the ghost in the bowl game.

They might be able to do better, but theres room to do a lot worse

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:Hes doing something right. 5-3/7-1/5-3 in the B1G isn't shabby all considering. Like J mentioned - that team this season was a skeleton of itself at times with injuries.

Expectations were too high to begin with when he rolled into the new conference imo, but the team has done some good things and won some tough games along the way. The teams' 2012 finish wasn't solid.. I think thats what sticks in peoples craws the most from the Husker faithful I've talked with. A lot of resentment for how the team got rolled in the conference championship game and then gave up the ghost in the bowl game.

They definitely didn't impress in that bowl game. Can't say I watched a lot of Husker football outside of that one.

Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:Hes doing something right. 5-3/7-1/5-3 in the B1G isn't shabby all considering. Like J mentioned - that team this season was a skeleton of itself at times with injuries.

They definitely didn't impress in that bowl game. Can't say I watched a lot of Husker football outside of that one.
Yeah, win or loose they need to make a solid 4qtr game of it this year or we might hear about pitchforks and torches in Lincoln.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Yeah, win or loose they need to make a solid 4qtr game of it this year or we might hear about pitchforks and torches in Lincoln.

Does the AD matter, has Dr. Tom commented on Bo? How much stroke does Osborne still have at Nebraska?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,712.42
The problem with Pelini has much less to do with what he's done, it has much more to do with what is expected in the future. He is running the program into the ground. His recruiting is poor for a program of Nebraska's stature, his game management is head scratching, and he rubs everyone that comes into contact with him the wrong way.

At best, this program is going to float around where it is right now, and I think the bottom falls out (4-8 esque with a couple of terrible losses) one of these seasons if he continues to hang around. Some people just aren't hard wired to be a leader through adversity, Pelini's one of those types. I'm sure he'll be a fine DC again once he's fired, if he wants to anyway. Give him a responsibility and he can handle, but ask him to manage the ship and *KA BOOM*
Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Does the AD matter, has Dr. Tom commented on Bo? How much stroke does Osborne still have at Nebraska?
Osborne's public image is still at demi-god status and I'd bet its the same in the BOD conference room.. from my understanding what he's got going there is a messy political campaign with the media more than anything. Anything I've heard regarding a publicly address/comment about it was through an Osborne press release that was pain-jane Bo's back next year.

The thing thats funny to me in all this is that the reasons the media, fan base and players support/supported him in the 1st place have now been spun by the media to the very reasons hes being crucified for at times. The Nebraska alum couple from Kansas that stay with us for games are pissed with some of the performances, but he brought up that dating back to being the interm HC (preLSU) stint there wasn't anybody that didn't want him there. Doesn't forgive coaching brain farts, but everyone got what they wanted and like spoiled kids now complain that the picture they painted for themselves was more of an abstract than life art.

One thing thats stuck with me from talking with my buddy is he had mentioned a couple of the position coaches need to get canned more so than Bo, but I can't remember which ones he was hot about.

Supreme Megalodon
It's simple, win and you're eccentric. Mediocre or losing and you're an azzhole.

Nebraska expectations are Top 10 program. The debate is if they're realistic, which I don't think they are. The 1970s aren't coming back to Lincoln. I don't see kids today longing to go out to BFE for a crowd they don't relate to.