User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:In now way do i mean to offend..Rutgers is a fine academic school..but the only reason they're going to big Ten is tv $$

They dont fit in any way for the big ten. This expansion of conferences is ridiculous. You can look forward to playing against penn St..as its not only the skill of the coach..but Ped St will be behind the 8 ball or a few more years. As an example..the Big Ten was after Nebraska for 20 years before they finally had enough of the Big12 insanity and sack licking of Texas..they fit. Same type of research and development school..they just fit. The arrival of Rutgers and Maryland are not very favorable. Its just a money move and exposure of the Big10 network in the Nj/Ny area.


Oh, really?


Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25559
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 21,148.64
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:In now way do i mean to offend..Rutgers is a fine academic school..but the only reason they're going to big Ten is tv $$

They dont fit in any way for the big ten. This expansion of conferences is ridiculous. You can look forward to playing against penn St..as its not only the skill of the coach..but Ped St will be behind the 8 ball or a few more years. As an example..the Big Ten was after Nebraska for 20 years before they finally had enough of the Big12 insanity and sack licking of Texas..they fit. Same type of research and development school..they just fit. The arrival of Rutgers and Maryland are not very favorable. Its just a money move and exposure of the Big10 network in the Nj/Ny area.


Oh, really?


Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.


How about drowning babies of men who murder? What about nuking Germany today for what happened 60yrs ago? Its the same logic youre using for dismissing an entire college from any and every sport at any level.

Anyhoo, its a side point and these sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong.

My only point was: Take the high road, take the low road, all routes the same to me - but trying to do both is disingenuous
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:In now way do i mean to offend..Rutgers is a fine academic school..but the only reason they're going to big Ten is tv $$

They dont fit in any way for the big ten. This expansion of conferences is ridiculous. You can look forward to playing against penn St..as its not only the skill of the coach..but Ped St will be behind the 8 ball or a few more years. As an example..the Big Ten was after Nebraska for 20 years before they finally had enough of the Big12 insanity and sack licking of Texas..they fit. Same type of research and development school..they just fit. The arrival of Rutgers and Maryland are not very favorable. Its just a money move and exposure of the Big10 network in the Nj/Ny area.


Oh, really?


Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.


How about drowning babies of men who murder? What about nuking Germany today for what happened 60yrs ago? Its the same logic youre using for dismissing an entire college from any and every sport at any level.

Anyhoo, its a side point and these sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong.

My only point was: Take the high road, take the low road, all routes the same to me - but trying to do both is disingenuous


:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


..however, since you brought it up..yes, they deserved to be shut down an an American Scholastic Institution getting State and federal funds. When a crime of such magnitude is an Institutionally guilty act..they need to fold up the sidewalks bub.
Last edited by Fighting Amish on Tue 12.31.2013, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 64169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 34,907.06
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:In now way do i mean to offend..Rutgers is a fine academic school..but the only reason they're going to big Ten is tv $$

They dont fit in any way for the big ten. This expansion of conferences is ridiculous. You can look forward to playing against penn St..as its not only the skill of the coach..but Ped St will be behind the 8 ball or a few more years. As an example..the Big Ten was after Nebraska for 20 years before they finally had enough of the Big12 insanity and sack licking of Texas..they fit. Same type of research and development school..they just fit. The arrival of Rutgers and Maryland are not very favorable. Its just a money move and exposure of the Big10 network in the Nj/Ny area.


Oh, really?


Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.


How about drowning babies of men who murder? What about nuking Germany today for what happened 60yrs ago? Its the same logic youre using for dismissing an entire college from any and every sport at any level.

Anyhoo, its a side point and these sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong.

My only point was: Take the high road, take the low road, all routes the same to me - but trying to do both is disingenuous


:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


:lol: ...annnd.. boom goes the DynO-mite

Yes, when I think of classless, I dont think about equating comments to killing babies or killing old germans..i think of quoting Shakespeare..

Please don't change..you're priceless. :lol:
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2955
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005
Sand$: 34,698.16
Fighting Amish wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


:lol: ...annnd.. boom goes the DynO-mite

Yes, when I think of classless, I dont think about equating comments to killing babies or killing old germans..i think of quoting Shakespeare..

Please don't change..you're priceless. :lol:


I think you mean misquoting Shakespeare. by way of syntax,context, and meaning. you've had your foot firmly in your mouth with every post in this thread lol.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25559
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 21,148.64
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.


How about drowning babies of men who murder? What about nuking Germany today for what happened 60yrs ago? Its the same logic youre using for dismissing an entire college from any and every sport at any level.

Anyhoo, its a side point and these sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong.

My only point was: Take the high road, take the low road, all routes the same to me - but trying to do both is disingenuous


:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


S'what i thought, El M.

He thinks it's "Ok" to destroy the reputation of tens of thousands of ppl who have gone thru PSU and damage the livelihoods of 100's more (as his idea would imply by removing them from the college program) and then infer im what? A pedophile? Groovy.

Coming from someone who opened his post with "In no way do i want to offend" i think thats about as personal and offensive as you can get.

Think we can see FA isnt on such a high moral road after all

Please, continue ...
Last edited by jamcutpost on Tue 12.31.2013, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 64169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 34,907.06
Fighting Amish wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


:lol: ...annnd.. boom goes the DynO-mite

Yes, when I think of classless, I dont think about equating comments to killing babies or killing old germans..i think of quoting Shakespeare..

Please don't change..you're priceless. :lol:


You're not really stupid enough to equate a hyperbolic statement meant to illustrate the extreme you were going to to implying someone is into/defends pedophilia. Are you?

For all the talk you throw at me about conflict, arguing, etc...look at what you've done to this thread. :lol: You are such a hypocrite.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25559
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 21,148.64
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


:lol: ...annnd.. boom goes the DynO-mite

Yes, when I think of classless, I dont think about equating comments to killing babies or killing old germans..i think of quoting Shakespeare..

Please don't change..you're priceless. :lol:


You're not really stupid enough to equate a hyperbolic statement meant to illustrate the extreme you were going to to implying someone is into/defends pedophilia. Are you?

For all the talk you throw at me about conflict, arguing, etc...look at what you've done to this thread. :lol: You are such a hypocrite.


You know what, EL M.

Upon reflection, it's not worth discussing. I havent had someone imply anything that bad about me before, but big deal ultimately.

I take some small share of responsibility as despite the original point getting lost (calling him on wanting to be unoffensive) ive read enough of his posts elsewhere to know how he might react or that it mightve been put in there deliberately to get someone to raise the topic. Mea culpa.

For the sake of keeping main & GT separate im letting this drop like a stone and asking a mod to keep an eye on it and hope it gets back on track soon :eusa_pray:
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
jamcutpost wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:Thanks for noticing..bt yes, Ped st..I'll offend till the day I die. Im all for them to be eliminated as a national School, let alone a football program. Questions? You can prolly can figure it out.

As for Rutgers..I said very clearly I believe them to be a fine academic institution. In fact they rank about 70, one of the jewels of that conference. Rutgers doesnt fit, for whatever reason..perhaps it's their east coast local, and has been said, they're going to have an incredibly tough time athletically. It doesnt help the conference become a stronger athletic competitor at all. This was done purely for profit. Dumb.


How about drowning babies of men who murder? What about nuking Germany today for what happened 60yrs ago? Its the same logic youre using for dismissing an entire college from any and every sport at any level.

Anyhoo, its a side point and these sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong.

My only point was: Take the high road, take the low road, all routes the same to me - but trying to do both is disingenuous


:-k logistically impossible, but i think you're on to something there. Send me a pm with any further plans for implementation. More to the point..it was an aside note, not a moral crusade..however, I believe you doth protesteth too much just a tad..interesting.. :-k


Nice. Stay classy. :roll:


S'what i thought, El M.

He thinks it's "Ok" to destroy the reputation of tens of thousands of ppl who have gone thru PSU and damage the livelihoods of 100's more (as his idea would imply by removing them from the college program) and then infer im what? A pedophile? Groovy.

Coming from someone who opened his post with "In no way do i want to offend" i think thats about as personal and offensive as you can get.

Think we can see FA isnt on such a high moral road after all

Please, continue ...



:lol :F Hey Lumberg..My comment about protesting too much was in reference toward your going way overboard on my comment about Ped St by comparing it to killing babies and old Germans.. :F and then when you said this..to further the comedic value..
"that sort of moral outrage/crusade type things best left isolated in GT where they belong"


Now you get it chumly? Had nothing to do with any inference of calling you a Pedophile aficionado..

:lol: too funny..you even trapped Elma into showing his arse..so for that, I thank you.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
The BlueBeards wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote::censor:




EDIT: For context, im a penn st fan and this isnt good news - esp if Schiano is coming the other way ... :F


I'm a big Rutgers fan and about half the RU community is horrified at the notion that Schiano goes to Happy Valley. The other half, myself included, know that Schiano is a lousy gameday coach. He's a good NJ recruiter but honestly PSU recruits itself. So they will get a few top 15 NJ recruits each year and he'll lose with them. Just like he lost at Rutgers and at Tampa.

I'd be much more worried about PSU if they land Franklin, who will also be able to take NJ recruits and can actually coach x's and o's.



Ehh, don't matter who's at Penn as far as Rutgers go.

I've never had anything against Rutgers so I'm sorry for them joining the Big 10. No hope now for the likes of the late '70s again. Prepare to be slapped around to mediocrity, at best, in perpetuity.


Well, that's the problem, really. Rutgers doesnt bring anything of value to the table to improve the competitive nature of the Conference in any sport. There has been countless discussion locally about them both coming into the conference and the re-alignment that will ensue. Not one person i've heard of thinks it's a positive move other than to line the pockets of certain people.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52916
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 39,706.27
Alright, everyone back to their corners and get back on topic
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2955
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005
Sand$: 34,698.16
Fighting Amish wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:
KIAball1996 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote::censor:




EDIT: For context, im a penn st fan and this isnt good news - esp if Schiano is coming the other way ... :F


I'm a big Rutgers fan and about half the RU community is horrified at the notion that Schiano goes to Happy Valley. The other half, myself included, know that Schiano is a lousy gameday coach. He's a good NJ recruiter but honestly PSU recruits itself. So they will get a few top 15 NJ recruits each year and he'll lose with them. Just like he lost at Rutgers and at Tampa.

I'd be much more worried about PSU if they land Franklin, who will also be able to take NJ recruits and can actually coach x's and o's.



Ehh, don't matter who's at Penn as far as Rutgers go.

I've never had anything against Rutgers so I'm sorry for them joining the Big 10. No hope now for the likes of the late '70s again. Prepare to be slapped around to mediocrity, at best, in perpetuity.


Well, that's the problem, really. Rutgers doesnt bring anything of value to the table to improve the competitive nature of the Conference in any sport. There has been countless discussion locally about them both coming into the conference and the re-alignment that will ensue. Not one person i've heard of thinks it's a positive move other than to line the pockets of certain people.


Are you sure about that?

First Rutgers isn't a research university, then you misquote Shakespeare, now Rutgers doesn't bring "anything of value" to "any sport." The next accurate thing to you say today will be your first.

By the way, here is a little free education:
http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/lady-doth-protest-too-much-methinks
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31879
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 67,956.71
KIAball1996 wrote:[
Are you sure about that?

First Rutgers isn't a research university, then you misquote Shakespeare, now Rutgers doesn't bring "anything of value" to "any sport." The next accurate thing to you say today will be your first.

By the way, here is a little free education:
http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/lady-doth-protest-too-much-methinks


They don't fit in the BiG 10 man..dont know how else to break it to you. A very unpopular move by all accounts across the Big 10 fan base, sorry. They're a fine academic school as i sated, perhaps you should read more closely...and lastly, me saying "I believe you doth protesteth too much", gets across the exact meaning I was going for in a nice way..with his going into idiotic statements about killing babies and old germans :lol: And wasn't into actually considering being perfectly accurate on a quote from hamlet..as that wasn't the point..come on man..really? Quote policing now? You must be bored..

..stay on topic..

Yes, I'm sorry. Please tell me what Rutgers is bringing to the Big ten table other than the lucrative Tv markets? I don't hate the school bro..they've never been an issue one way or the other.
Last edited by Fighting Amish on Tue 12.31.2013, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36874
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 48,193.78
what, exactly, makes them unfit for the big 10? i'm not seeing it, outside of possibly geography. heck, they even have a wrestling team.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian