Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,179.57
This is a great move by him and Michigan will get back to competing for championships now.

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,630.22
Now there saying he took 5 million a year.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
votingmachine wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
jnadke wrote:
badgasman wrote:I wonder what team Harbaugh is eyeing in the NFL.

Los Angeles Rams

I think he wants Indy. Go back and visit Irsay. He knows he would run the show there. Re unite with Luck.

That's not happening. He's coaching Michigan next year. And I can't see him leaving Michigan for several years.

Besides Indy has a coach. Pagano is still just a beginner, but he was a good defensive coordinator and has been very highly regarded by players in the past. He has been head coach 3 years and every year they have gone 11-5 and won the division.

I've no idea if he is going to be a good coach. Players have acted like they would charge into a burning building for him. They are not a great team, but a good team in a weak division. This year they were 6-0 against Tennessee, Houston, and Jacksonville, and 5-5 against the rest.

My thinking is that Pagano is good enough. Luck is developing. They really only need a few pieces to climb to the top. Unless they regress, Pagano has some job security.

I am not saying he will get it. I am saying he will coach at Michigan and see what happens. 2-3 years is a dogs life in the nfl. If it becomes available. Exit stage left.

Supreme Megalodon
Griffimo wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Now there saying he took 5 million a year.

http://deadspin.com/jim-harbaughs-getting-paid-at-michigan-1676463179

Not to mention other perks (paid radio/tv show).

I'm not saying it isn't good, but it isn't exactly something that suggests money was the issue in SF.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,752.40
rugger48 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

I'm not saying it isn't good, but it isn't exactly something that suggests money was the issue in SF.

I think he did it to lock up assistants, but a silent f u to York is a nice bonus too.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
yep I don't think the Harbaughs are in dire need of 2-3 mill. Rile up San Fran fans for the next 2-3 years. Priceless

Megalodon
Sand$: 18,760.14
Griffimo wrote:

The base salary and signing bonuses add up to a guaranteed $44,050,000. Without doing the math, it looks like the rest of the incentives over 7 years gets him to the $48M area reported.

The "academic performance" incentive makes me giggle - yeah, go ahead and pretend like that is in any way important, if it helps you sleep at night. :roll:

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
Supreme Megalodon
gballs1 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

The base salary and signing bonuses add up to a guaranteed $44,050,000. Without doing the math, it looks like the rest of the incentives over 7 years gets him to the $48M area reported.

The "academic performance" incentive makes me giggle - yeah, go ahead and pretend like that is in any way important, if it helps you sleep at night. :roll:

those Im suspecting are pretty normal for any coach, a lot of them the school also gets money then they in turn hand some to Harbaugh. Again I am not saying he didn't make out, but something is/was going on besides money behind the scenes with harbaugh and the 49ers.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
The start of the interview was okay, if awkward, but it does go downhill somewhat around 4:50 :

Full interview here

Interview from 4:50 onwards wrote:Jim Harbaugh: "This feels like one of those where you ask 50 questions."

Colin Cowherd: "You're not giving me a ton to work with, Coach. I just want to find out about Jim Harbaugh the human being. I'm a player right now, and I want to play for a bunch of schools. I'm listening to Jim Harbaugh. I want to play for Jim. I want Jim Harbaugh, the guy. I bring all these coaches on, and I want the guy. If I was a wide receiver. Why should I play at Michigan?"

Silence

CC: "This seems terribly difficult, Jim. This is just not working. I love you to death. I really do. But it seems like we're going nowhere with this. And I love you. I'm a huge Harbaugh fan."

JH: "What can I do to make your interview better?"

CC: "I'm just asking open-ended questions, and you have not much to say. I want you to sell your program. That's why I bring Urban on and I bring Sark. I love you guys. I want you to sell your program."

Silence

CC: "Listen, I love ya. It's not working. I appreciate you stopping by, Jim Harbaugh."

Colin Cowherd wrote:“I’ve been in the business 10 years, folks. That was a clunker. There’s not much I can do about that. I tried. I asked every open-ended question I could. He had nothing to say. I love him. I love Jim Harbaugh. I was trying to go somewhere. I was going back to my interview tricks. Why, what, how? Nothing to say. … He’s a very intense guy. He’s different. People in San Francisco said he’s difficult. The two or three guys I know in San Francisco that didn’t love Harbaugh, I guarantee they’ll text me, ‘That’s why he didn’t last in San Francisco. You can’t have a conversation. He’s very intense.’

Its not a great interview by Cowherd. But i do agree with the point he made that Harbaugh wasnt giving him v.much - if anything - to work with.

I certainly dont think Harbaugh is a big a deek here as some ppl in the media are making out after this.

@JohnMiddlekauff I'll guarantee you one thing, there is not a SOUL at UM that has the stones to tell Harbaugh you probably shouldn't act like that

Harb's obviously got a very dry sense of humor for one thing ...

His reply when CC asked him about being a 4.3 WR (and how many yrs of eligibilty he had left) was laugh out loud funny. Sharp.

But as he points out - correctly - Stoops, Saban, Sarkasian, Meyer & Co all seemed to manage with the level of his questions, irrespective of whether you like or loathe him or what level of interviewer you think he is.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
that/this is relevant in main?

good lord get that crap out of here

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Birddog wrote:How dare I offer up a suggest to talk about something other than an 1/8lb of air around here.. how silly of me.

Cant have it both ways.

Birddog wrote:As you were everyone. Nothing to see here.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,974.46
That was a pretty awful interview and it seemed like the problem was more on Harbaugh's end, not CC. There is a deal on interviews: you have to tell a story. They don't want you on if you are just going to answer yes/no/it's a continuous process. Tell a freaking story.

What was the first thing you did?
I dunno. Started hiring a staff, talking to the team.

That is pretty lame. Fill it out. Or don't do the interview. There are plenty of stories to tell and he just wasn't willing to tell them. A lot of interviews is the same lame stuff ... go watch "Bull Durham". But the biggest thing any interviewer wants is just some story. Any one of those questions could have been a stepping off point for a story. How much I love Michigan, How funny it was to step into the Michigan athletic facility as head coach. How great the players he inherited are. Why it is special to coach a kid at 18, rather than an NFL veteran.

I had the same confusion on the one question that Harbaugh did. I heard it as the Big-10 conference is a "bye". What the heck? A bye week? It sounded like a huge insult. So bad you might as well have the week off. As someone who heard that exact question, I was sympathetic to Harbaugh. It seemed like a huge dis. And the next question was a pretty bad one: when do you put in a game plan for your September 3rd Utah game? Huh? Before September 2nd, and after I see the team I have. Then Harbaugh pushed back with the what's going on?

It was up to the interviewer to fix the "bye" vs "buy" confusion. And he didn't. Instead he launched into a really dumb question.

I would say that Harbaugh was pretty dry ... maybe it was an off day. But the lame interview also had some blame to stick on the interviewer as well.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,974.46
Cowherd: Future of the Big-10 ... you're at Michigan. Urban Meyer at Ohio State. James Franklin. When I look at these coaches I say elite recruiters, elite coaches. ... I said this yesterday ... the Big-10 feels like it is a "bye" for me. Do can you sense ... do you have a sense of that for the conference overall?

Harbaugh: (wth?!?!) (breath in). Uh, uh. The Big-10 feels like a "bye" to you?

Cowherd: Yes, yes it does

Harbaugh: (wth?!?!?) how does it feel that way?

Cowherd: You don't see that?

Harbaugh: (wth?!?!). No, no, explain that to me (wth?!?!? You pompous A-hole). I don't understand where you are ... "bye"?

Cowherd: Well lets be honest Michigans a heavyweight. Ohio State is a heavyweight. They now both have great coaches. It feels like the Big-10 is on the come. It feels like there is momentum in the conference. I didn't feel ...

Harbaugh: Oh a "buy" as opposed to something you sell. I thought "bye week" or bye ...

Cowherd: No, no, no

Harbaugh: like a "buy" ...

Cowherd: That's what it feels like to me. Does it feel like that to you"

Harbaugh: It feels very competitive to me.

Cowherd: Mmm-hmm

Harbaugh: At the highest level of college football.

Cowherd: Season open September 3rd, at Utah. Coach when do you put in a game plan? How does it work?

Harbaugh (wth?!?!? I haven't even though about it). Uhhh. It's a process? (good save Jim!). It's been going on, going on for months, for months (really good save Jim) and will keep going on the next 2months (Whooo-hoo, great save Jim).

Cowherd: You're not a rear view mirror guy ...

At that point Harbaugh cut him off. From his point of view, CC just said: your conference sucks. And when will you get ready for Utah?

It was not a smooth interview, but CC needed to spend a few minutes sucking off the Big-10, just to make it clear that what he was saying was the Big-10 (WITH Jim Harbaugh) is SO great. Tell us a story about the Big-10 Jim.
Supreme Megalodon
votingmachine wrote:That was a pretty awful interview and it seemed like the problem was more on Harbaugh's end, not CC. There is a deal on interviews: you have to tell a story. They don't want you on if you are just going to answer yes/no/it's a continuous process. Tell a freaking story.

What was the first thing you did?
I dunno. Started hiring a staff, talking to the team.

That is pretty lame. Fill it out. Or don't do the interview. There are plenty of stories to tell and he just wasn't willing to tell them. A lot of interviews is the same lame stuff ... go watch "Bull Durham". But the biggest thing any interviewer wants is just some story. Any one of those questions could have been a stepping off point for a story. How much I love Michigan, How funny it was to step into the Michigan athletic facility as head coach. How great the players he inherited are. Why it is special to coach a kid at 18, rather than an NFL veteran.

I had the same confusion on the one question that Harbaugh did. I heard it as the Big-10 conference is a "bye". What the heck? A bye week? It sounded like a huge insult. So bad you might as well have the week off. As someone who heard that exact question, I was sympathetic to Harbaugh. It seemed like a huge dis. And the next question was a pretty bad one: when do you put in a game plan for your September 3rd Utah game? Huh? Before September 2nd, and after I see the team I have. Then Harbaugh pushed back with the what's going on?

It was up to the interviewer to fix the "bye" vs "buy" confusion. And he didn't. Instead he launched into a really dumb question.

I would say that Harbaugh was pretty dry ... maybe it was an off day. But the lame interview also had some blame to stick on the interviewer as well.

True.

TBF to Harbaugh seems like hes taken it pretty well.

Coach Harbaugh ✔@CoachJim4UM
In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.

I dont know him from Adam, but i can see why ppl say hes intense, but it also seems like he has a wickedly dry sense of humor - which wont be for everyone, but i like.

I give him props for being able to take it on the chin tho. Agree both parties failed there.

"Good" carcrash media moment tho.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,887.14
I think Harbaugh didn't take too kindly to Cowherd's lack of politeness.