Illinois has fired HC Tim Beckman

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,223.76
Illinois has fired HC Tim Beckman for allegations of player mistreatment.

A statement released by the school gave specifics, most of which revolved around Beckman's treatment of injured athletes. In part, it read: "During a preliminary briefing from the external reviewers, [athletic director Mike Thomas] said he learned of efforts to deter injury reporting and influence medical decisions that pressured players to avoid or postpone medical treatment and continue playing despite injuries." Because Beckman has been fired for cause, he will not be paid the remaining $3.1 million left on the final two years of his contract. He closes out his tenure with the Illini with a 4-20 record in the Big Ten and a 12-25 overall record. Offensive coordinator Bill Cubit will serve as interim coach for the 2015 season. Illinois opens the season against Kent State next Friday.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 28 - 3:11 PM
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,046.74
fishfry wrote:
Illinois has fired HC Tim Beckman for allegations of player mistreatment.

A statement released by the school gave specifics, most of which revolved around Beckman's treatment of injured athletes. In part, it read: "During a preliminary briefing from the external reviewers, [athletic director Mike Thomas] said he learned of efforts to deter injury reporting and influence medical decisions that pressured players to avoid or postpone medical treatment and continue playing despite injuries." Because Beckman has been fired for cause, he will not be paid the remaining $3.1 million left on the final two years of his contract. He closes out his tenure with the Illini with a 4-20 record in the Big Ten and a 12-25 overall record. Offensive coordinator Bill Cubit will serve as interim coach for the 2015 season. Illinois opens the season against Kent State next Friday.
Source: ESPN.com Aug 28 - 3:11 PM

Something tells me that that record had more to do in his firings then coaxing injured players to play.

Coaches all my life told me there's a difference in being hurt and being injured.