World of Warcraft

Great White Shark
Sand$: 32,263.52
Could someone explain this game to me? I hear it is extremely time consuming and addicting but I have not a clue as to why. Any insight is appreciated.

2009 Deep Emerald Dynasty League Champion
2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up
2012 Gridiron Post Whore Keeper League Champion - '09 Runner-Up
Megalodon
Sand$: 122,886.72
Eagles05856 wrote:Could someone explain this game to me? I hear it is extremely time consuming and addicting but I have not a clue as to why. Any insight is appreciated.

You create an avatar character. Then you play them in a virtual world, explore, fight, treasure hunt, etc. You gain experience by completing tasks, quests, killing monsters, and such. You also can play against others (pvp) and kill the opposing factions players.

There are about 70 or 80 levels you can achieve on a single character and that takes 100s of real hours to complete, probably more like 1000s.

I order to get the best equipment, you have to join forces with others and complete long dungeon crawls called raids, fun but time consuming.

I played it fro a few years and decided to stop. I did enjoy it though.

I understand how OSU feels when Michigan "brags" about their all time record vs. Ohio State, but cannot beat them in present day. (see below)
:slug:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 32,263.52
Dominion wrote:
Eagles05856 wrote:Could someone explain this game to me? I hear it is extremely time consuming and addicting but I have not a clue as to why. Any insight is appreciated.

You create an avatar character. Then you play them in a virtual world, explore, fight, treasure hunt, etc. You gain experience by completing tasks, quests, killing monsters, and such. You also can play against others (pvp) and kill the opposing factions players.

There are about 70 or 80 levels you can achieve on a single character and that takes 100s of real hours to complete, probably more like 1000s.

I order to get the best equipment, you have to join forces with others and complete long dungeon crawls called raids, fun but time consuming.

I played it fro a few years and decided to stop. I did enjoy it though.

Thank you for the synopsis, I appreciate it.

What made you stop?

2009 Deep Emerald Dynasty League Champion
2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up
2012 Gridiron Post Whore Keeper League Champion - '09 Runner-Up
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,328.18
Battle for Azeroth drops tomorrow. I haven't played since Wrath of the Lich King... but the trailers have me itching to play.

Lok-tar ogar! For the Horde!

Sylvanas better not end up the villian... it sure looks like she will be.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,632.80
My Daughter and her fiance run a faction?.

Try to get me involved but I don't have THAT much time.
Megalodon
tsbgrayghost wrote:My Daughter and her fiance run a faction?.

Try to get me involved but I don't have THAT much time.

That was the problem for me, once I was done leveling my character to max, the only activities were for the hardcore.

My friends I played with all joined the crazy hardcore raiding guilds, they legitimately had nights scheduled where they had to play or they would be kicked out.

I tried to play a few raids with random people, it failed miserably because most of the people in those groups had no idea how to play their classes, with a few people like me sprinkled in there.

I started just playing the auction house, I basically ran the economy on the horde side of my server... if it was worth gold, I set the price. Anyone who undercut me I would just buy it out and set the price higher. That's how the real economy works right?
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 292.18
Every now and then I get the itch to play again. Man, if only I hadn’t gotten married, had two kids and have a good job. Should have just stayed in college for 16 years!

Filled a good niche for me. Addicting rump game.
Megalodon
Classic is out on Monday.

I haven't played since Wrath of the Lich King... but I'm jumping back in with a fairly large group of friends.
Megalodon
Worlds first Ragnaros kill less than a week in... I cant believe that!
Megalodon
Level 38 Rogue. I forgot how bad daggers were for PVE in Vanilla.

I ran a dagger Assassination spec on my rogue toward when I quit the game all those years ago during Wrath of the Lich king, and normally topped DPS meters.

Now it's Swords for PVE, and Daggers for PVE... no other spec is worth it for a rogue.