Dark Souls

Megalodon
Sand$: 41,290.60
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/dar ... -in-early/

Break the street date, and you will just get hunted mercilessly by an enemy you have no hopes of beating. Patience Grasshopper.

Awesome, I might just buy this now only because of this.
Last edited by und2006 on Sun 10.09.2011, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
Nice :lol:

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
So I went ahead and bought this.

It is an absolutely merciless action RPG. It does not hold your hand, not ready for a fight? You are probably going to die...

If you die, you lose all of your souls, which act as both XP and currency. You then have exactly one chance to go back and retrieve them, if you don't they are gone. There is no towns to offer safe haven, only bonfires, which are only vaguely helpful. They restore your HP and allow you to use any souls you havent lost to up your stats, however they also respawn all enemies you have defeated except for bosses.

None of my deaths thusfar have felt "cheap"... each time you die it's pretty obvious what happened. You either messed up, or bit off more than you can chew.

So far, I am having fun with the game. If you like action RPGs and aren't afraid of a little challenge I suggest it so far.
Megalodon
A little about the unique online mechanics.

You can be summoned into another players game to help them out. You can also "invade" another players game and do as you please, assuming you are near their level. You can leave messages on the ground for every player to read, if you feel like being helpful and giving a little piece of advice. I found one that said "jump off bridge here" and so I did, and found a pretty good piece of equipment.

You also come across bloodstains, which you can activate and it will show you how the player that left it died.
Megalodon
Getting a little addicted to this game right now...

Anyone else playing?
Sand$: 37,758.28
just bought it for PS3 but haven't had a chance to crack it open.. will try later tonite...

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 102,490.81
Im way too into Gears of War 3 right now and this game isn't really on my radar unfortunately. Thanks to Gears of War 3 I am collecting a rather large backlog...

Back 2 Back

Megalodon
Boogs34 wrote:Im way too into Gears of War 3 right now and this game isn't really on my radar unfortunately. Thanks to Gears of War 3 I am collecting a rather large backlog...

Too bad really, I am digging it.

Hope to polish it off before Skyrim/Assassins Creed/MW3 take up all my time.
Megalodon
To the mofo that invaded my game while I was messing around dual wielding shields...

What up now biatch!?! Didn't even have a weapon out and messed you up.
Megalodon
Sand$: 122,886.72
I have it and like it, but I am stuck and haven't played it much lately.

I understand how OSU feels when Michigan "brags" about their all time record vs. Ohio State, but cannot beat them in present day. (see below)
:slug:
Megalodon
Dominion wrote:I have it and like it, but I am stuck and haven't played it much lately.

Where are you stuck at? There is a wiki/guide on IGN that is really good.
Megalodon
Was just toting 85,000 souls down to blighttown to buy up all the pyromancy spells down there... sure I have cleared that place out, and know what to expect... but still, that is a crap ton of souls to potentially lose.
Megalodon
Fired this back up and started a new playthrough.

Low and behold there is now a glitch that lets you transfer items from one character to another. So now there are low level people with elite equipment harassing other people. It's so bad that you can't play about the first 1/4 of the game without getting smashed by twink characters.

So what do I do? If I get invaded... I hide... seriously, just hide and let them get bored searching for me. And I really like helping people with boss fights, so I plop down my summon sign, and go hide until I get summoned.
Megalodon
Two major bosses left on my 1st playthrough. Seath the Scaleless is my next target, then it's on to Gwyn Lord of Cinder.

I have been majorly distracted PvPing and never bother to progress into the game. +5 Lightning Zweihander is beastly, one shots most everything in the game.
Megalodon
Gwyn is... really hard...

I died like 20 straight times, no other boss took me down more than twice. My strategy for the entire game, does NOT work against him. He is so aggressive that there is just nothing I can get off against him, I swing my sword, I eat a hit, I throw a fireball, I eat a hit, I try to heal... I eat two or three hits.

Apparently you can parry him and it makes the fight a joke, problem is, I suck at parrying, and I have used my two handed zwiehander the entire game. I suppose I could level a bit and make it so I can one hand it so I can keep my shield out, but that seems like a waste of stat points.