User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38081
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,195.69
Boy when I got to the nexus, i wasted the next two hours just talking. Ugh. Always my least favorite part of these games.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63522
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 34,924.56
unimsw wrote:Boy when I got to the nexus, i wasted the next two hours just talking. Ugh. Always my least favorite part of these games.

I just arrived. Sigh.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004
Sand$: 44,686.28
I figured out the strike team thing. I didn't know to use LB/RB (Xbox one) to scroll thru and debrief and collect rewards. I'm dumb lol. And yeah, lots and lots of talking. And some of the missions aren't very straightforward, which in my younger days I would've liked that I had to search around and figure it out thru exploration. But nowadays I'm more like, just tell me where to go already. I think it may be because it's a little overwhelming how much there is to do.

Enjoying it so far. Looks great. Haven't really noticed any issues with animation I keep reading about. There are a couple minor things, but nothing where I say "omg that's horrible". But then again like I said I'm old - been playing video games since the days of Commodore 64 and Intellevision.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63522
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 34,924.56
mudhen wrote:I figured out the strike team thing. I didn't know to use LB/RB (Xbox one) to scroll thru and debrief and collect rewards. I'm dumb lol. And yeah, lots and lots of talking. And some of the missions aren't very straightforward, which in my younger days I would've liked that I had to search around and figure it out thru exploration. But nowadays I'm more like, just tell me where to go already. I think it may be because it's a little overwhelming how much there is to do.

Enjoying it so far. Looks great. Haven't really noticed any issues with animation I keep reading about. There are a couple minor things, but nothing where I say "omg that's horrible". But then again like I said I'm old - been playing video games since the days of Commodore 64 and Intellevision.

I think it's bad in spots, but not game breaking bad. I've been playing video games for decades too, so I can overlook it fairly easily. I also think today it's very en vogue for reviewers to be negative and snarky, so they find minor things and blow them up. As I said, it's not game breaking, so as a critic, sure point it out, but move on to actual story and gameplay...which so far is fine.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22806
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 41,290.60
unimsw wrote:Boy when I got to the nexus, i wasted the next two hours just talking. Ugh. Always my least favorite part of these games.

The first set of interactions are the worst, boring exposition about characters I don't care about yet. Later on once they grow on you, talking a out stuff is my favorite part. There's a flirt option with nearly every interaction, even random aliens you've never met before.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46172
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,041.82
und2006 wrote:
unimsw wrote:Boy when I got to the nexus, i wasted the next two hours just talking. Ugh. Always my least favorite part of these games.

The first set of interactions are the worst, boring exposition about characters I don't care about yet. Later on once they grow on you, talking a out stuff is my favorite part. There's a flirt option with nearly every interaction, even random aliens you've never met before.



Great, gender AND species fluid identification and which spacecraft waste disposal unit I can use! I wonder if this game is banned in NC yet?
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38081
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,195.69
I flirt with all the asaris, but I draw the line at krogans.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22806
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 41,290.60
unimsw wrote:I flirt with all the asaris, but I draw the line at krogans.

Turians?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3186
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014
Sand$: 41,691.38
pwbowen wrote:Great, gender AND species fluid identification and which spacecraft waste disposal unit I can use! I wonder if this game is banned in NC yet?

:F we as in NC still get that shoot removed
_______________________________________

Championships: 2015 Deep Blue; 2015,2016 League of Titans, 2016 SWBS
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38081
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,195.69
Best guns? I got a black widow sniper rifle from a crate, which has kind of pushed me toward a ranged combat play style that I wasnt planning on. What should I craft? Have heard the Dhan is pretty awesome.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004
Sand$: 44,686.28
unimsw wrote:Best guns? I got a black widow sniper rifle from a crate, which has kind of pushed me toward a ranged combat play style that I wasnt planning on. What should I craft? Have heard the Dhan is pretty awesome.


I found a dhan shotgun. Love it
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22806
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 41,290.60
I just want cool armor... crafted a full set of N7, it'll do.

The Blood Dragon armor from 2 was awesome, wish it made a return.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38081
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,195.69
I dont like the crafting system. I think they overcomplicated it. It is ridiculous that I have to research tier 1 and 2 of weapons to get to tier 3 when I already have the tier 2 variant. Waste of research points.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22806
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 41,290.60
unimsw wrote:I dont like the crafting system. I think they overcomplicated it. It is ridiculous that I have to research tier 1 and 2 of weapons to get to tier 3 when I already have the tier 2 variant. Waste of research points.

Agreed, and I hate scanning stuff...

But apparently if you focus on building out your strike teams, it becomes more than enough to carry your crafting... I downloaded the app and am working on getting 6 teams up and running, seems like a long process... and is much less fun than the Assassins Creed Black flag app was.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38081
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,195.69
Love making architects my beeotches. Only wish they would have mixed up their abilities or patterns so they aren't the same battle on different terrain each time. Not sure if there are any harder bosses in the game, but I do appreciate the challenge.