Red Dead Redemption 2

Megalodon
Sand$: 162,041.62
In what way? Can't say I thought that at all.
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,290.60
marty1841 wrote:In what way? Can't say I thought that at all.

Every way.

I'm not the only one saying it either...

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/red-de ... -immersive

It's the main critique of the game. They just aren't good... there are so many improvements that the industry has added over the years, and Rockstar took none of them to heart and has stuck to the same crummy control scheme they have used since GTA4 over a decade ago.

I think one line from that article sums it up best for me:

It often feels like you are guiding Arthur, rather than controlling him.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 53,195.69
My biggest complaint on the controls is with the horse. As I said earlier, I would just bump into people without intending to and it would result in a fight or a crime. Didnt really have too many problems using Arthur.
Megalodon
Sand$: 162,041.62
I'd agree with the latter. Horse, definitely issues. Never fun when you're trying to be decent, and accidentally run over someone in Saint Denis-triggering a massive manhunt.
Megalodon
marty1841 wrote:I'd agree with the latter. Horse, definitely issues. Never fun when you're trying to be decent, and accidentally run over someone in Saint Denis-triggering a massive manhunt.

I accidentally trampled one of the wolves to death in one of the first missions... which was amusing.

It's nothing game breaking, I'm enjoying the game so far... but I feel it could be a much better experience with a few design decisions being different. How you interact with the world you're placed in matters... and this one just feels antiquated in that regard.

We moved on from holding a button to run a long time ago for example, it's just not a thing games do anymore.

Prioritizing animations over inputs is a conscious decision they made to make the game look better, which I can respect, I just prefer the alternative. I'd sacrifice a little polish on character movement to get rid of the feeling of sluggishness... which they didn't want to do.
Supreme Megalodon
Finished the main missions. Good ending. Not sure about the epilogue though.
Megalodon
Online is fun... only played alone so far.

Got some friends planning to group up tonight for shenanigans. I roped a guy off his horse while he was going full speed in the opposite direction, hogtied him, stole his hat, and booked it outta there. He tried to chase me down, I had to kill him...
Megalodon
Online is even more fun with a group.

I am hoping there is more content with the full release. Lack of things to do is a major problem in it's current state. People are complaining about stuff being too expensive... I dont mind that. Bigger problem is that it's not that different between having a scrawny nag, and a great horse. Same with guns.

If the content delivers and they impart a worthwhile grind, it's a very fun experience with friends.
Supreme Megalodon
Finished the epilogues. Honestly, the game kind of got stale. You ride horses forever to get somewhere, then go through the same combat scenarios with different landscapes. Probably drop from a 8/10 to 7/10 for me.
Megalodon
I lost interest, which I knew I would, but I bought it anyway... I'm just not an open world do what you want game kind of person unless it's a fantasy RPG for some reason.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,632.80
Love it. Perfect staycation game early January. On 2nd playthrough now, taking my time.

Favorite moments:

- I thought I was on a quick mission and ran out of pistol/rifle in a major battle. Dejectedly pulled the shotgun, remembering I could select different ammo. I was pleasantly surprised how much carnage and death I brought forth.

- Recently in my 2nd playthrough, in Van Horn, a dude bumped me and talked smack. I followed him through the saloon and out the backdoor and he started a fistfight. I just blocked over and over again as a mob formed. Another guy started throwing punches. I just blocked. Then a guy pulls a gun in this 25 person mob. He fired and I pulled both pistols. Some ran, but for the most part the mob attacked. For the next hour I piled the bodies up. Not one cop and 0 bounty. 1 of the most awesome moments in video games all the way back to Pong.

Thank You Rock Star!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,322.27
For any PC gamers, it's coming to us in a week or so. Awww yeah!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,620.15
NautArch wrote:For any PC gamers, it's coming to us in a week or so. Awww yeah!

Is the PC version any good?
Megalodon
Madden Curse wrote:

Apparently getting it to actually launch has been a struggle for many.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,620.15
und2006 wrote:
Madden Curse wrote:

Apparently getting it to actually launch has been a struggle for many.

Seems like an issue that gets fixed within the first day or week. No sleep for developers!

Anyone here play this on PC and recommend it?