Speedrunning

Megalodon
Sand$: 41,290.60
Anyone enjoy doing/watching this?

I watched a fair bit of the Awesome Games Done Quick recently, which is a bunch of people speedrunning games for charity. Seeing games like Final Fantasy 6 that I love so much, so utterly broken in ways I had no idea were possible was very very cool. Zelda Ocarina of Time was another one that was crazy to me how precise they were...

Final Fantasy 1 however was boring as hell...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 53,195.69
I have watched a few, most recently the original Mario. I dont like it when people use code glitches, wall clipping and what not to basically cheat the game rather than just doing it really well and really quickly.
Megalodon
unimsw wrote:I have watched a few, most recently the original Mario. I dont like it when people use code glitches, wall clipping and what not to basically cheat the game rather than just doing it really well and really quickly.

I used to think the same. But watching this event kind of changed that, they were giving great commentary on the inner workings of the games code and what they were doing to break it.

I found that part very interesting. And some of it takes a ton of skill to pull off, but others it was monotonous garbage.

The Final Fantasy 1 any % run for example is basically going up and down the stairs in the first town 50+ times after naming your characters in specific ways to glitch the game into running the credits.

Final Fantasy 6 has a route that requires dying 50+ times and then inputting certain buttons to do the same.

But I watched runs of both of those games that used glitches to progress in ways they shouldn't be able to, but still beat the game in a somewhat traditional manner.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,446.00
After watching the video below by chance, I'm positive I have zero interest in anything to do with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AHCaokqhg

It's all very impressive, but it looks like it's thoroughly unenjoyable.
Megalodon
Youd have to be wired a certain way to enjoy doing it. The AGDQ charity events are fun watching though, and they just raised over a million bucks for doctors without borders last week.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,446.00
I can certainly get behind the charity events.