God of War

Megalodon
Sand$: 41,290.60
This game looks fantastic. I fell off the series after 3, the narrative of a vengeful Kratos murdering the entire pantheon of Gods.

Apparently they have moved beyond that with the story here. Lots of 10/10 scores from the critics.

Megalodon
First impression is fantastic. A little mystery as to how Kratos got where he is. I didn't play ascension so maybe that is explained there... but it starts out basically at that trailer.

I'm not as well versed in Norse Mythology as I am in Greek, so I'm interested to see how the story goes. I basically know my Norse Gods from Marvel.

No blades of chaos... but the first loading screen said a certain enemy is weak to them, so they will obviously make an appearance.
Megalodon
GOTY material. Only thing that can (and probably will) stop it is RDR2.
Megalodon
On thing that has always bugged me is how killing gods is treated as permanent. Yet for Kratos getting killed several times was nothing but a minor inconvenience.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,691.38
Loving the game. Definitely a must buy.

Championships: 2015 Deep Blue; 2015,2016 League of Titans, 2016 SWBS
Megalodon
I just finished the story. So amazing.

When you're done be sure to go home for a special treat.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,221.32
Watched a stream of someone playing for a bit. She was having a blast. Visually very nice looking(I meant the game, but reading over what I wrote, I guess I could say that for the gamer too). It was fairly early on fighting that guy that was also in woad and some sort of god; quite the smackdown battle. No need to play the previous ones? I don't even have a console at the moment, but might be... more likely to get a PC next. Kind of guessing it's console only?

Seems like too many good games rolling out for consoles lately. I should keep an eye out for a good deal on CL.
Megalodon
RotoMoto wrote:Watched a stream of someone playing for a bit. She was having a blast. Visually very nice looking(I meant the game, but reading over what I wrote, I guess I could say that for the gamer too). It was fairly early on fighting that guy that was also in woad and some sort of god; quite the smackdown battle. No need to play the previous ones? I don't even have a console at the moment, but might be... more likely to get a PC next. Kind of guessing it's console only?

Seems like too many good games rolling out for consoles lately. I should keep an eye out for a good deal on CL.

PS4 specifically as it was developed by Sony's Santa Monica studio.

No need to play the previous ones no, you'll understand a bit more of Kratos as a character, but nothing that you can't get from a Youtube video in five minutes... he wasn't much of a character at all until this game. Basically his rage at the Greek Pantheon of Gods led him to murder more or less all of them over the course of three games. It's never touched on how he came to be where he is now. It's a great place to start fresh with the series, you won't get the gigantic smile on your face that I did when certain story elements call back to the original trilogy, but it's a great game with an awesome twist at the end, and a really cool teaser hidden in the post game.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 420.06
Kratos: Boy! Look here!

Atreus (his son): Why can't you call me son or Atreus?

Kratos: Boy, don't test me...

You're allowed to sweat, bleed, cry, and even loose bodily functions...but you are NEVER ALLOWED TO QUIT!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,924.56
I'm loving this game. I started fresh with this latest version, but have loved it. I see it as a macho father/son version of The Last of Us, which I also loved.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:I'm loving this game. I started fresh with this latest version, but have loved it. I see it as a macho father/son version of The Last of Us, which I also loved.

The original games were good, but lacked real story. It was all excuses to murder gods.

This one has real story, real characters, real emotion. It's so good.