Escape from Tarkov

Megalodon
Sand$: 41,290.60
So I started playing this over the weekend at the suggestion of a few friends.

It's absolutely brutally difficult. PVPVE is the best way to describe it.

There are basically two factions spawned into a bunch of very large maps, PMCs and Scavs. PMCs are your main character, scavs are randomly generated characters with a hodge podge of gear. PMCs are always players, and scavs are a mix of AI and players. Objective of the game is basically to spawn in, gather supplies, and extract. You keep whatever you get out alive with, and lose EVERYTHING on you if you die (with one exception if you have a gamma case, you can keep a couple small items safe).

There is no HUD, no in game map, very realistic, you get popped in the face with no armored face shield... you're dead.

You can do scav runs 10 minutes after the completion of your previous scav run... so you can't just run in with no consequences constantly. You have to put your main character and their gear at risk. You can spawn in with friends, but there is no HUD as mentioned, so you need to keep track of your team. My buddy killed me twice our first three games. I made him drag my gear out and give it back during the next run.
Megalodon
So something I have no issue with that others who play this game complain about is "gear fear".

You get your hands on a sweet gun, or high class armor... and then don't use it.

I took a decked out M4A1 off a guy, and couldn't wait to take it into a run. It made it three runs before I got popped and lost it. Having a lot of fun with this game.
Megalodon
I'm completely and utterly addicted to this game.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,620.15
Seems interesting, but that's a lot to pay for a beta. (And personally, I already have so many games in my backlog that adding a new one at full price seems incomprehensible.) I'm curious if it maintains the newfound buzz throughout the year and beyond.

The scav mechanic (the ability to essentially jump into less powerful NPCs in online games and be more interesting antagonists than the typical AI chaff) is something I had proposed to game developer friends nearly two decades ago and was told was too difficult/complicated to do. (Maybe more from a fairness/grief angle than a purely technical angle, I can't remember all the objections at this point.) Is that something other FPSs or MMOs have done before? (I haven't followed either type of game in a while.)
Megalodon
Closest I can think of is the Soulsbourne games letting you invade other players games.

Player scavs mostly just kill each other... which is a terrible strat really, but you cant trust other scavs.
Megalodon
Servers have been brutal since the influx of players. Huge population spike after a bunch of big boy twitch streamers started playing regularly. Queue times through the roof, unstable servers... has not been great. To be expected in a beta I guess, but still sucks.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,632.80
Stupid streamers.
Chum
Sand$: 14.96
Hi guys, I'm looking for someone who would like to play with me. Is anyone willing?