Driver Challenge 2020

Megalodon
Sand$: 138,648.11
Welcome to The Driver Challenge!

Drivers will be determined by a draft here in this thread. Any late sign-ups are welcome to choose from the remaining available drivers upon approval of their entry. Sign-ups will close at the drop of the green flag of the Daytona 500; ~2:30 PM EST, 2/16/2020

Entry fee: s$1500

Each participant will enter a total of 27 (out of 37 possible) events through the 2020 season. There are 6 mandatory, full-participation points races, plus the All-Star Race for a total of 7 ALL-IN events. (list below)

Beyond these 7 events, each participant will select 20 more to 'START' and 10 others to 'SIT' .
The other 13 events can be chosen in advance or on a week-to-week basis, up to the green flag of each race. Once an event is selected, however, the driver is LOCKED IN to that race. There is no backing out. Failure to enter any race prior to the scheduled green flag start time will result in using one of that participants' 10 passes, or "SITS" (8 SITS are allotted to the 'regular season', and 2 are reserved for the playoffs.) Likewise, if the number of remaining races equals the number of races a participant needs to enter, they will automatically be entered into all of those races.

For every race a driver is entered into, their owner will earn the points that the driver accumulated for that race. In addition, they will earn any playoff points for that race as well.
In the event of an injury, Sharks will receive the points awarded to their substitute driver. If a driver changes teams mid-season, points will be awarded as accumulated with the new team.
When the playoffs begin, points will be reset to the following:

1st - 60pts+ 15 bonus points
2nd - 50pts
3rd - 40pts
4th - 30pts
5th - 20pts
6th - 10pts

Any playoff points earned will then be added in.

Points earned will be based on the official scoring at NASCAR.com.

2020 "ALL-IN" SCHEDULE
1) Daytona 500 : 2/16/2020, 2:30 PM
2) Monster Energy All Star Race @ Charlotte : 5/16/2020, 8:00 PM (*not a points event*)
3) Coca-Cola 600 @ Charlotte : 5/24/2020, 6:00 PM
4) Big Machine Vodka 400 @ Indianapolis : 7/5/2020, 7:30 PM
5) Coke Zero Sugar 400 : 8/29/2020, 7:30 PM
6) Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race : 9/19/2020, 7:30 PM
7) Alabama 500 @ Talladega: 10/4/2020, 2:30 PM
all times EST

MULLIGAN:
Each participant will have available to them 1 "mulligan" per season.

In the event that a Shark enters his/her driver in a race and is dissatisfied with the points earned, they may choose to drop that race and enter another FUTURE one instead. Likewise, if the Shark sits his/her driver and instead wants to receive the points that were earned, they may choose to enter that race after the fact. They will NOT however be eligible to win the pot for that week.

To use their mulligan, the owner must post in this game thread prior to the green flag of the next week's race that they are using the option. The driver and owner will forfeit any points earned for that week. An additional s$20 will be required so an additional race can be entered.

PAYOUTS
Aside from the 7 'ALL-IN' events, payouts for each race will vary on a week-to-week basis depending on how many participants there are for that week. s$20 per participant. The Shark whose driver wins or scores the most points(if no winner) for each race will receive the full sand payout for that race.

The 7 ALL-IN events will carry a heavier payout:
- For The Daytona 500 - s$1000
- For the All-Star race, s$500
- For the remaining 5 ALL-IN events, s$300 each.

To claim the all-in pots a driver must win the race. If there is no winner. the pot will carry over to the next all-in race. The highest finish not points, will claim the final all-in at Talladega.

At the conclusion of the season, the remaining pot will be divided this way:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

NOTE: The final standings for this contest will be based on points accumulated in the races entered and points accumulated in this format. As a result, they may not reflect actual NASCAR standings.

Megalodon
Paid Participants- Driver

scootm44 - Elliott
jdhowlett - Keselowski
slyeguy - Logano
Yukillnme - Kyle Busch
bigredmachineffl - Harvick
Oilersnut - Truex Jr

Megalodon
Only about a month until the green flag drops on another season!

I am hoping we have our usual 6 entries at least. I know slye was busy last season but I think he'd still like to be in. There's not a ton of commitment involved in this contest I don't feel. Obviously any new entries are always welcome.

2 big changes this year....

MULLIGAN:
Each participant will have available to them 1 "mulligan" per season.

In the event that a Shark enters his/her driver in a race and is dissatisfied with the points earned, they may choose to drop that race and enter another FUTURE one instead. Likewise, if the Shark sits his/her driver and instead wants to receive the points that were earned, they may choose to enter that race after the fact. They will NOT however be eligible to win the pot for that week.

To use their mulligan, the owner must post in this game thread prior to the green flag of the next week's race that they are using the option. The driver and owner will forfeit any points earned for that week. An additional s$20 will be required so an additional race can be entered.

So simply put, you can use your mulligan either way. You can sit someone you started or start someone you sat. Still only get 1 though.

For every race a driver is entered into, their owner will earn the points that the driver accumulated for that race. In addition, they will earn any playoff points for that race as well.
In the event of an injury, Sharks will receive the points awarded to their substitute driver. If a driver changes teams mid-season, points will be awarded as accumulated with the new team.
When the playoffs begin, points will be reset to zero and any playoff points earned will then be added in. The regular season champ also gets 15 extra playoff points.

This part more mirrors the actual Nascar scoring system and should keep everyone in it until near the end. It doesn't require any more work on your part. Just more stat keeping for me. You guys basically just need to choose your starts and mulligan as in the past.

So no rush but lets get everyone checked in here in the next few weeks.

Megalodon
Sand$: 55,245.36
In.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Megalodon
When the playoffs begin, points will be reset to zero and any playoff points earned will then be added in. The regular season champ also gets 15 extra playoff points.

This part more mirrors the actual Nascar scoring system and should keep everyone in it until near the end. It doesn't require any more work on your part. Just more stat keeping for me. You guys basically just need to choose your starts and mulligan as in the past.

The more I think about this the more I think it really devalues the regular season. We would basically just be playing for playoff points. There needs to be a bigger incentive to winning the regular season. I'm thinking in addition to the rules posted above we give 10 points for each spot finished in the regular season. So assuming 6 participants this is what they would start the playoffs with:
1st - 60pts+ 15 bonus points
2nd - 50pts
3rd - 40pts
4th - 30pts
5th - 20pts
6th - 10pts

1st place would begin the playoffs with a 25 point lead over 2nd not counting any playoff points earned. Could be more or less. 6th would still have an uphill climb but by no means completely out of it.

Megalodon
Sand$: 61,598.94
I'm in.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,009.02
I'll be in - also trying to figure out what to do with GNCC
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,405.14
Sand sent

Dynasty 12 team .5PPR. QB 2RB 3WR TE Flex
Watson Garropolo Minshew
McCaffrey Sanders Gordon Howard Penny Lindsay Freeman Bonnafon Scott Ito
Hopkins Julio Godwin Boyd Robinson Harmon R Ridley
Kelce Hockenson Jarwin
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,947.68
In and sands sent

QB: Carr, Wentz
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Duke Johnson, Gallman, Swift, Kerryon and Washington
WR: C Ridley, Cooks, Gordon, Cobb, Metcalf, A J Brown, Deebo, Mims; Harmon, and Whiteside.
TE: O J Howard, Engram
Megalodon
Generating the draft order.....

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

bigredmachineffl
slyeguy
Yukillnme
Oilersnut
scootm44
jdhowlett

IP: 2602:306:3126:1f60:9963:6724:1aba:e17b
Timestamp: 2020-02-06 04:11:54 UTC

Megalodon
Gee I wonder who bigred will take.......

Megalodon
Sand$: 61,598.94
I'll take Juan Pablo Mon..........

PSYCH!!!!!!!!

I'm taking

HARVICK
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,405.14
I don't know... Guess I'll change it up this year from Kes.

I'll take Logano

Dynasty 12 team .5PPR. QB 2RB 3WR TE Flex
Watson Garropolo Minshew
McCaffrey Sanders Gordon Howard Penny Lindsay Freeman Bonnafon Scott Ito
Hopkins Julio Godwin Boyd Robinson Harmon R Ridley
Kelce Hockenson Jarwin
Megalodon
slyeguy wrote:I don't know... Guess I'll change it up this year from Kes.

I'll take Logano

You should probably wait for JD to make a pick. :wink:

But I'm guessing he's not taking Logano.

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,009.02
scootm44 wrote:
slyeguy wrote:I don't know... Guess I'll change it up this year from Kes.

I'll take Logano

You should probably wait for JD to make a pick. :wink:

But I'm guessing he's not taking Logano.

Wait - does that mean the following order isn't right or are we going from bottom to top?

scootm44 wrote:Generating the draft order.....

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

bigredmachineffl
slyeguy
Yukillnme
Oilersnut
scootm44
jdhowlett

IP: 2602:306:3126:1f60:9963:6724:1aba:e17b
Timestamp: 2020-02-06 04:11:54 UTC