Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 22818
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,215.62
Just finished my draft. Not a single comment from anyone the entire draft. Very dissapointing.

Anyway... Here's my draft:

You Got Pwnd!
1. (7) Stephen Gostkowski
2. (14) New York
3. (27) Jamaal Charles
4. (34) Beanie Wells
5. (47) Michael Crabtree
6. (54) Hakeem Nicks
7. (67) Jahvid Best
8. (74) Matt Forte
9. (87) Brett Favre
10. (94) T.J. Houshmandzadeh
11. (107) Owen Daniels
12. (114) Julian Edelman
13. (127) Eddie Royal
14. (134) Zach Miller
15. (147) Chad Henne

Wasn't too happy about picks 14 & 15. Had someone come into my office and I had to set it autopick.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2520
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008
Sand$: 4,377.00
StoneCutter wrote:Just finished my draft. Not a single comment from anyone the entire draft. Very dissapointing.

Anyway... Here's my draft:

You Got Pwnd!
1. (7) Stephen Gostkowski
2. (14) New York
3. (27) Jamaal Charles
4. (34) Beanie Wells
5. (47) Michael Crabtree
6. (54) Hakeem Nicks
7. (67) Jahvid Best
8. (74) Matt Forte
9. (87) Brett Favre
10. (94) T.J. Houshmandzadeh
11. (107) Owen Daniels
12. (114) Julian Edelman
13. (127) Eddie Royal
14. (134) Zach Miller
15. (147) Chad Henne

Wasn't too happy about picks 14 & 15. Had someone come into my office and I had to set it autopick.

not a bad team.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7859
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sand$: 22,375.30
Ok, here's my draft...from the friggin' 10 spot...the worst spot for this kind of challenge...

1. Gostkowski
2. Jets D
3. DeSean Jackson
4. Beanie Wells
5. Jonathan Stewart
6. Hakeem Nicks
7. Felix Jones
8. Braylon Edwards
9. Knowshon Moreno
10. Wes Welker
11. Carson Palmer
12. Ben Roethlisberger
13. Malcolm Floyd
14. Reggie Bush
15. Heath Miller

Q - Palmer/Big Ben
R - Wells/Stewart/Felix/Moreno/RBush
W - DJax/Nicks/Edwards/Welker/Floyd
T - Heath
K - Gost
D - NYJ

It helped that 7 of the 10 teams were on auto pick so you know that it was going to go straight down the "best overall players" list until a team had filled that position.

I took Edwards at 8.1 and then it was Kickers and Defenses every pick until I went again at 9.10 and got Moreno and Welker at the corner...
_______________________________________

LoT Championships - 2022 | 2017 | 2012 | 2008
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14800
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,165.72
mikeraphon wrote:Ok, here's my draft...from the friggin' 10 spot...the worst spot for this kind of challenge...

1. Gostkowski
2. Jets D
3. DeSean Jackson
4. Beanie Wells
5. Jonathan Stewart
6. Hakeem Nicks
7. Felix Jones
8. Braylon Edwards
9. Knowshon Moreno
10. Wes Welker
11. Carson Palmer
12. Ben Roethlisberger
13. Malcolm Floyd
14. Reggie Bush
15. Heath Miller

Q - Palmer/Big Ben
R - Wells/Stewart/Felix/Moreno/RBush
W - DJax/Nicks/Edwards/Welker/Floyd
T - Heath
K - Gost
D - NYJ

It helped that 7 of the 10 teams were on auto pick so you know that it was going to go straight down the "best overall players" list until a team had filled that position.

I took Edwards at 8.1 and then it was Kickers and Defenses every pick until I went again at 9.10 and got Moreno and Welker at the corner...
Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7859
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sand$: 22,375.30
bshazzar wrote: Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...


I got Moreno in the 9th and McCoy went in the 11th...
_______________________________________

LoT Championships - 2022 | 2017 | 2012 | 2008
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14800
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,165.72
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote: Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...


I got Moreno in the 9th and McCoy went in the 11th...
it's almost not even fair that we're spotting them the first two rounds it seems.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7859
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sand$: 22,375.30
bshazzar wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote: Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...


I got Moreno in the 9th and McCoy went in the 11th...
it's almost not even fair that we're spotting them the first two rounds it seems.


Not when 7 of the 10 teams are on auto draft...hopefully they stay on auto-pilot the whole season...
_______________________________________

LoT Championships - 2022 | 2017 | 2012 | 2008
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002
Sand$: 54,849.60
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote: Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...


I got Moreno in the 9th and McCoy went in the 11th...
it's almost not even fair that we're spotting them the first two rounds it seems.


Not when 7 of the 10 teams are on auto draft...hopefully they stay on auto-pilot the whole season...

Hmmm... did you draft in the middle of the night? I wonder if, me being on the West Coast, I could draft at Midnight and have a good shot at drafting with a bunch of autodrafters?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7859
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sand$: 22,375.30
jdhowlett wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:
bshazzar wrote: Welker in the 10th????? HOLY shoot!!!

edit: nevermind, these are non-ppr leagues...


I got Moreno in the 9th and McCoy went in the 11th...
it's almost not even fair that we're spotting them the first two rounds it seems.


Not when 7 of the 10 teams are on auto draft...hopefully they stay on auto-pilot the whole season...

Hmmm... did you draft in the middle of the night? I wonder if, me being on the West Coast, I could draft at Midnight and have a good shot at drafting with a bunch of autodrafters?


9am Friday morning EST
_______________________________________

LoT Championships - 2022 | 2017 | 2012 | 2008
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004
Sand$: 14.00
I'm hitting it tonight at 7:30 cst. It's BeerThirty here in TeXas, Let's see 'bout the rest of the states! :Drink)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/113252

Team: 7th pick Alive & Kick'in
1. (7) Mason Crosby
2. (14) New York
3. (27) Cedric Benson
4. (34) Pierre Thomas
5. (47) Chad Ochocinco
6. (54) Hakeem Nicks
7. (67) Kevin Kolb
8. (74) Hines Ward
9. (87) LeSean McCoy
10. (94) Ricky Williams
11. (107) Kellen Winslow
12. (114) Matthew Stafford
13. (127) Malcom Floyd
14. (134) Miami
15. (147) Nate Washington
CHAT...
1) Alive & Kick'in has selected Mason Crosby (GB)
OKC Storm: WHAT????
OKC Storm: ARE YYOU KIDDIN ME???
WATERBOY: huh???
OKC Storm: ALIVE TOOK HIS KICKER FIRST ROUND!!!
2) Alive & Kick'in has selected New York (NYJ)
Alive & Kick'in: GREEN BABY!!!
OKC Storm: omg
Buffalo Bills: Another draft day screw-up
WATERBOY: wow
OKC Storm: YEAH i MEAN I LIKE THE PACKERS TOO BUT MY KICKER???
WATERBOY: come on
3) Alive & Kick'in has selected Cedric Benson (CIN)
WATERBOY: hahah
4) Alive & Kick'in has selected Pierre Thomas (NO)

....Dilligaf has selected Dallas Clark (IND)
OKC Storm: DILLIGAF YOUR WORSE THAN HE IS

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
_______________________________________

ImageImage
Megalodon
Posts: 21846
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009
Sand$: 2,333.91
1. Gostkowski
2. NYJ D
3. Pierre Thomas
4. Beanie Wells
5. Phillip Rivers
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Matt Forte
8. Donald Driver
9. Houshmandzadeh
10. Matt Ryan
11. Steve Breaston
12. Derrick Mason
13. Eddie Royal
14. Janikowski
15. Kevin Boss

QB- Rivers,Ryan
RB- Thomas, Wells, Forte
WR- Bowe, Driver, Housh, Breaston, D Mason, E Royal
TE- Boss
K- Gostkowski, Janikowski

A little light on RBs. I took Janikowski for my bye week fill in bench spot (kicker week 5, Def weeek 7, TE week 8 ). I like Janikowski's leg I may keep him over Gostkowski.

No comments about Kicker then Def :(
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14800
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,165.72
Ugh, 10th spot.

Brees (4), Peyton(2), and Rodgers(8) all went in the first round
Everyone started grabbing their #2 QB early too so I got stuck with Kolb

1 gostkowski
2 jets def
3 sydney rice (Calvin Johnson and Jennings were still on the board with this pick I didn't know it. was drafting from a dell mini so the window was all fugged.)
4 shonne green
5 beanie wells
6 hakeem nicks
7 meachem
8 L mccoy
9 b edwards
10 b tate
11 kolb
12 cooley
13 m bush
14 jacoby jones
15 chaz schilens (debated James Jones, Devin Thomas Here)

COMMENTS:
ImUsTbReAkYoU has selected Stephen Gostkowski (NE)
Bolts: wow
REXnFX: joke
cleveland browns: wth

no comments when I drafted the DEF, but later on...
leading up to another convo....

Buckeyes: Don't mean to be snarky, but why did you pick Williams that high up ?
REXnFX: who?
Buckeyes: DeAngelo Williams, I mean I like the guy as a second back maybe
REXnFX: are u serious, i got DW @ a bargan
Buckeyes: Have your way. RBs are in abundance. WR picks make the season
Bolts: shortage of good kickers, which makes them worth a first pick this year

this league is going to be tough to win. I already see 2 very solid squads and hardly anyone autopicked.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18622
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005
Sand$: 21,978.95
honingskills wrote:I am so doing this......

Edit....I signed up for a league. Supposed to draft Saturday, but only 3 teams so far.
My team is HURTZ DONUTS. If it does draft, I'll get you my team and sands afterwards.



Draft is starting in 30 mintes. This ought to be a riot...I bagged the #1 draft spot!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Gostkowski's adp is gonna be skewed because of all of us
_______________________________________

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18622
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005
Sand$: 21,978.95
Draft just finished. league: Yahoo Public 99114 (ID# 99114)

Hurtz Donuts
1. (1) Stephen Gostkowski
2. (20) New York Jets
3. (21) Ryan Grant
4. (40) Greg Jennings
5. (41) Jonathan Stewart
6. (60) Pierre Garcon
7. (61) Beanie Wells
8. (80) Devin Hester
9. (81) Felix Jones
10. (100) Malcom Floyd
11. (101) Kevin Kolb
12. (120) Ahmad Bradshaw
13. (121) Eddie Royal
14. (140) Heath Miller
15. (141) Vince Young
_______________________________________

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2520
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008
Sand$: 4,377.00
there are a lot of good teams this year... i almost agree that 2 rounds is not enough.
_______________________________________

Image