Same rules as last year. You have to join a Yahoo Public Competitive League and use your first two draft picks to pick a kicker and defense. Whoever wins their league wins the sand. If you are interested in playing this year, just post in this thread. There will be a $500 sand entry fee and all sand collected will go to the winner.
Anyone who pays is a contestant. There will be no limit to the number of sharks who can play, but every shark can only have one entry. The league id must be posted prior to the draft, and once the draft starts, they are locked into that team. No starting over (unless it gets totally messed up where the first two picks don't go kicker/defense). It must be a public league that everyone can view. If we can't see your league, then you signed up for a private league and that entry will not count.
Whoever goes the furthest wins the pot. If more than one shark wins, the pot will be split between them.
I'll start us off by saying I'm playing. My $500 sand is in. I'll continue to update the first post of this thread as sharks join and drafts begin.
Everyone should be playing in "Casual" leagues.
You can join the competition right up until the week before the season starts, as long as you post your team name, draft date, and league ID before your draft starts.
yahoo wrote:Deadline for starting with the first game of the NFL season
For your league to score for the entire NFL season schedule, your draft must be complete before the scheduled start of the first game of the season (September 4, 2014).
Post your league id and team name in this thread so I can add links to the league in this post.
current prize 9000 sands
1) Panachevitz http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/504470 Kicker's Revenge, drafting 8/8/15
2) 625James http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1103193 Kicking D
3) Elmagister http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/207335/2
4) Madden Curse http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/915233 Fantasy Fungus
5) Endzoneview http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/325284
6) Craphead http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/496704 Open Door Policy
7) Trippwwf http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1142345 Kick em in the D
8.) Crackhead Bob http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/700938 Kickin it w/ Defense
9) Krazy Kraut http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/236029 D-fence Rocks
10) PMG http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/795452 PMGs Primo Team
11) Black Pl16)ague http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/818748/5 Nuns With Guns
12) Sleestak http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/910757 Goodbye 500 Sands
13) Giant-eer http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/934623 Kevin Pittsnogle
14) Palmerac http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1063385 Blitz Package
15) o$o https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1133114 okIcKnDo
16) jokerswild1130 https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1108161
17) Bclay https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1237011 Agholory Hole
18) GingRules https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1270844 Dolph Lundgren