bemis12 wrote:I can't believe there's not a sticky on this. Looks perfect for this forum. There must be other confused potential sand wagerers.
1. Is it traditional to send the sand when you bet or settle after the game?
2. Is it traditonal or bad form to charge "Juice" on the bet?
3. How does one know he's been paid, or make the other person know that he's paid him?
4. What happens in instances where a person taking (or placing) a bet doesn't pay up?
5. How many sand dollars does a guy have to have to buy this joint?
Okay, welcome to the Sand Wagering Forum. I am by no means an expert, but have learned a little in the few weeks I have been here. Here are my best answers to your questions:
1. Usually sand is sent prior to the game unless otherwise stated by the person offering the wager.
2. Only a couple of people I have seen charge a "juice". In something that is meaningless (like sand money) I do not see a need to charge a "Juice" since this is all for fun anyway, but some do.
3. Once ytou want to wager, you click on the donate button underneath the person's username. There is a box there for amount o donate and a box for comments. You MUST fill out comment box otherwise the person will not know that they received the sand (unless they knew their sand total before hand which is highly unlikely).
4. If someone does not pay up (which again is unlikely since it is play money and there is no benefit to keeping it) a thread is started where people will avoid that person after that.
5. Not sure what you mean by 5??? You want to buy this joint???
Hope this helps somewhat,