Chum
Sand$: 136.10
I have spoken with Verizon tech, Support tickets to MFL and emailed LM from Safeleagues

I really can't understand why it is so hard to get simple assistance with this issue ! I need someone's help please. my SMS was working fine until about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. Ive spoken with VERIZON 5 times, today May 2,2022 I spoke with a Verizon tech he stated that it wasnt Verizon causing the problem. I even tried calling the same phone numbers as he did that were listed for MFL & they were out of service or disconnected. I spent 2 hrs on the phone, this tech even went so far as to try & locate a physical phone number so myself, him & MFL could talk on a 3 way phone call, to get down to whos at fault. He claims its MFL. I am using Safeleagues which operates as a company based fantasy provider. I spoke with the owner for assistance & he said there was nothing he could do. Which is completely not true. [u]There is a test that he can perform by sending a test text message via his email program to my phone and if I do not get the TEST MESSAGE, the LM S.F. did not enter my cell number and or carrier correctly . If it does work then its the Cell carrier Verizons fault. I am in 4 of his Leagues which are run through MFL. [/u]I am just so sick and tired of getting pass the buck answers. MFL says oh once it leaves our system we are absolved of any messages that dont reach your cell phone. Then you have Safeleagues who the league manager S.F. just dont want to take 15 minutes to simply run the test message. Is it really to much to ask. LM's it is their responsibility to fix any issues in the lges. 6 years I've used MFL I would just like some sort of help to fix this issue. Everything on my part has been done correctly. The verizon agent did bring up a good point which I agree with, What does Verizon have to gain out of blocking SMS messages. It doesnt do anything for them. Why this feature worked 2 weeks ago & then all the sudden stopped makes no sense at all. I just would like a answer. MFL is no help. I really wish I could've had the 3 way conversation & resolved this issue for everyone who has gone through it before. Really this feature is very effective I'm not leaving my phone on 24 hours a day i have gotten trade proposals at 2am. I just want it fixed any information would be appreciated so much. The biggest blockade in this is coming from Safeleagues & not taking a few minutes to simply run the test. That will rule out if its on their end. If there is anyone who has a phone number for MFL I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me. Like I said I want to get a Verizon rep & MFL & myself on a 3-way conference call to see what each side has to say about the issue.
Chum
Sand$: 54.64
for the record (not that this helps) but I've had this issue for going on 2 years and it's really cost me in a number of instances because one of the important things I rely on being in so many MFL leagues are the Inactives that come out before the early and late Sunday games.. Ive got the same response from MFL in that "once the messages leave..... etc etc etc." after league upgrades to 2022... I set things up and was receiving trade offers, draft OTC notifications etc. so I thought it was fixed... now basically since the Maintenance period a couple weekends ago I am again no longer receiving the texts... after filing yet another ticket with MFL I received the same response from them.. after speaking "again" to a number of owners with different carriers inc ATT, Verizon, Sprint/T Mobile etc.... I responded to their response and I received this message...

"Hi Mark,

It appears that our message are getting caught up in some sort of spam or junk filter somewhere in the system on their way to the mobile carriers. We'll let you know if we figure out what is causing it, but in the meantime, the email notifications will be your best bet. Most phones should let you turn on email notifications so they would be updated in pretty close to real time on the phone, in case that helps.

Thanks
Mike"

this was May 2nd...
I have yet to get another response.. but this tells me that they do know there is some issue...

also for clarification I'm a Sprint/T Mobile customer and Ive talked to a number of their techs who have assured me there are no filter/blocks that should create any problem on my network..
either way not sure that any of this helps but knowing one of their reps did acknowledge there is an issue was more than I'd got from them before..

if I get any more information I will certainly share it!
#Cheers

"lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"
"Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
"I don't play the game to lay up"
Chum
Sand$: 26.98
Any update this?

I have Verizon.

All the mobile notifications stopped for all my leagues. So I deleted my number and completed verification and selected the notifications I wanted but still no notifications.

It’s frustrating
Chum
Sand$: 21.58
ISUYowell wrote:Any update this?

I have Verizon.

All the mobile notifications stopped for all my leagues. So I deleted my number and completed verification and selected the notifications I wanted but still no notifications.

It’s frustrating

Had the same issue it stopped working in april.
If you have verizon go to the contact information page, add a second email address and enter your phone number followed by @vtext.com should look like this
EmailAddress@gmail.com,5555555555@vtext.com

Tried it few hours ago working great. Sure there is a better way but all I got.
Chum
Thanks for the responses.Appreciate it.
I talked with Verizon for roughly the 20th time On May19th,2022. I was told that if there is any type of Cell phone number blocks, email blocks that those will appear on your account.Say you call Verizon Tech Support & are having a conversation with them. They open your account & you open your account & any type of Domain name, email address or cell phone number will show up on Verizon's Tech support web screen and it will show up on your Verizon account. So if you have no Domains, email addresses or phone number's listed on your account, then it has nothing to do with Verizon, it has to do with either MFL & their messaging code system as I was told by another posting or I was told by several techs that it is MFL or SafeLeagues having an issue with their OS (operating system). How some people can still get SMS & other don't I just can't understand. I really get ticked off when MFL just says when it leaves our site we aren't held responsible. Thats just a ridiculous excuse. As I said I spoke with 20+ Tech Supporters at Verizon over the past month t hey all said the same thing. If nothing shows up on your Verizon cell phone account showing blocked domains, email addresses or phone numbers it has nothing to do with MFL.
I did find out if you want to Whitelist a domain or email address and your using a
GMail email account go to this site and it gives step by step directions whitelist.guide/gmail/#whitelist this is for Android Smartphones & also if your using Google Chrome on your Laptop.

Just curious I am having issues with all my Safeleagues. Wondering if everyone else is only having this problem with Safeleagues & not any other private leagues. If we all are having issues & we all have Safeleagues wouldn't that mean that it has something to do with Safeleagues. Especially if all your other leagues are working fine. Just wondering?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,617.82
I have about 10 leagues on MFL and use safe leagues
I have Verizon and iPhone 11 and no issues getting texts or email alerts , I use gmail for my email messages

I am unable to answer questions about your site without a link to site or page your describing. If you dont provide a link I will not answer your post.

MFL Scripts Contributor for MyFantasyLeague.com
https://mflscripts.com/
Chum
I still can find a solution, it’s driving me nuts. I’ve verified my number a ton of times and still not mobile notifications
Chum
I have really had it with this . I'm being told by Verizon stores that I went to and explained everything & they 100% said it is MFL. I even bought another phone ,different provider and new number and have both validated on MFL & neither works. I just find it strange how some peoples accounts arent effected by this and others are. I use Google & I just dont know what to do anymore. The plain truth someone knows what is really going on & just isnt saying it. It has nothing at all to do with the Domains being blocked, if they were it will show up on your cell phone account as being blocked . My account shows no domain,email address, phone number anything being blocked. Therefore I should be receiving the SMS messages. I receive them from several other domains without any problem. All I know is it worked for 6 yrs & just stopped April 22. That's just very strange.
Chum
I’m with you man, I did the vtext thing but it’s not the same. When I had mobile alerts it was separated by league.
Chum
I tried the Vtext and it didnt work for me. I'm curious what Messaging App TheOhioState is using. I've been using the Verizon App.
Chum
Sand$: 12.14
My text messages stopped at the same time on AT&T. Neither MFL or AT&T have been able to solve it.
Chum
Sand$: 12.14
I found a work around this AM this so far it is working. I setup a rule in my email client (hotmail for me) that says every time an email comes in from "bounces@myfantasyleague.com" to forward that message to 5555555555@txt.att.net or your number and your carrier extension. They are coming through, not as clean as before but the idea is I am now getting the texts. I assume if MFL ever does fix it I will get 2 texts and I can disable this rule.

Hope that helps!
South
Chum
Southgate wrote:I found a work around this AM this so far it is working. I setup a rule in my email client (hotmail for me) that says every time an email comes in from "bounces@myfantasyleague.com" to forward that message to 5555555555@txt.att.net or your number and your carrier extension. They are coming through, not as clean as before but the idea is I am now getting the texts. I assume if MFL ever does fix it I will get 2 texts and I can disable this rule.

Hope that helps!
South

Thanks for the response appreciate it.
Funny thing I received a email from MFL recently & they said, that they are being Blacklisted by all the cellular service companies. Thats ridiculous. The other thing is they said that these companies have programs in their system to prevent their SMS from going through. If thats the case then every person account who uses the SMS feature from MFL nobody would receive the SMS messages , it doesnt pick & chose certain peoples accounts. Every account will be blocked . So how can certain peoples accounts work without any issues & others dont work at all. I actually spoke with a computer tech who has a B.S. in Computer Science and owns his own business building comps & repairing them ect. He said it looks as if the messenger code for MFL has issues & could easily be fixed , peoples information just isnt being entered correctly or people are just being excluded. He said and i say ive been using MFL for 6 or 7 years and never had a problem except for the minor issue which was fixed by the next day. Why they dont fix it I dont understand , its not a big fix. It may seem like this isnt a big issue , but when your flat out told things & its not true its annoying. When i have sent emails saying it is not my cellular provider which I have tried a few different providers & none have worked, I mean come on. I have contacted the tech support & they were stationed in the USA not a person residential home out of the USA & was directly told that nothing on my account is being blocked & I was given access I also was able to get through to the corporate HQ & was told the same. So when I tell MFL its not my cell service , they are basically saying I am lying otherwise it would be working. They just use the same reason its the cell company. No its not. You arent being Blacklisted by every cell company. I'' tired of it. I've tried Verizon, TracFone my friend At &T his worked for 9 yrs then shut down in April 2022 , 3 days later after mine did. I also try & get validated, but never receive a code & when I email my League provider who uses MFL, he doesnt respond or do anything he says its not his problem to deal with basically and to contact MFL, yet when you try & send a Ticket in you are directed to the League owners page saying to contact him for any problems.

I can say 100 % its not my cell service it is on MFL's side. What do you do when your told by the cell company that nothing is being blocked & you can see what is blocked on your account. I really loved MFL when i first started using it. Wisdh all the BS would stop & it would just get fixed.
Chum
Sand$: 5.58
I have Verizon and use their Messages app version 8.3. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 phone. I just wanted to let you know that I've had no problems.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,617.82
mollinators wrote:
Southgate wrote:I found a work around this AM this so far it is working. I setup a rule in my email client (hotmail for me) that says every time an email comes in from "bounces@myfantasyleague.com" to forward that message to 5555555555@txt.att.net or your number and your carrier extension. They are coming through, not as clean as before but the idea is I am now getting the texts. I assume if MFL ever does fix it I will get 2 texts and I can disable this rule.

Hope that helps!
South

Thanks for the response appreciate it.
Funny thing I received a email from MFL recently & they said, that they are being Blacklisted by all the cellular service companies. Thats ridiculous. The other thing is they said that these companies have programs in their system to prevent their SMS from going through. If thats the case then every person account who uses the SMS feature from MFL nobody would receive the SMS messages , it doesnt pick & chose certain peoples accounts. Every account will be blocked . So how can certain peoples accounts work without any issues & others dont work at all. I actually spoke with a computer tech who has a B.S. in Computer Science and owns his own business building comps & repairing them ect. He said it looks as if the messenger code for MFL has issues & could easily be fixed , peoples information just isnt being entered correctly or people are just being excluded. He said and i say ive been using MFL for 6 or 7 years and never had a problem except for the minor issue which was fixed by the next day. Why they dont fix it I dont understand , its not a big fix. It may seem like this isnt a big issue , but when your flat out told things & its not true its annoying. When i have sent emails saying it is not my cellular provider which I have tried a few different providers & none have worked, I mean come on. I have contacted the tech support & they were stationed in the USA not a person residential home out of the USA & was directly told that nothing on my account is being blocked & I was given access I also was able to get through to the corporate HQ & was told the same. So when I tell MFL its not my cell service , they are basically saying I am lying otherwise it would be working. They just use the same reason its the cell company. No its not. You arent being Blacklisted by every cell company. I'' tired of it. I've tried Verizon, TracFone my friend At &T his worked for 9 yrs then shut down in April 2022 , 3 days later after mine did. I also try & get validated, but never receive a code & when I email my League provider who uses MFL, he doesnt respond or do anything he says its not his problem to deal with basically and to contact MFL, yet when you try & send a Ticket in you are directed to the League owners page saying to contact him for any problems.

I can say 100 % its not my cell service it is on MFL's side. What do you do when your told by the cell company that nothing is being blocked & you can see what is blocked on your account. I really loved MFL when i first started using it. Wisdh all the BS would stop & it would just get fixed.

I looked at MFL code and there is nothing wrong with it , not sure how you would fix it , its the standard coding that is used. If your guy knows something I don't I'd like to see what changes he would make to their code.

I am unable to answer questions about your site without a link to site or page your describing. If you dont provide a link I will not answer your post.

MFL Scripts Contributor for MyFantasyLeague.com
https://mflscripts.com/