Creating a dispersal draft?

SandShark
Sand$: 171.66
It's my first time as a commish to have a dispersal draft. I've seen people do it via share docs or creating a copy site, having the draft and then manually adding the rosters (in both cases).

Is there a way to just have the dispersal on the main site?
I'm not finding a way to create a new draft while the rookie draft is already on the calendar (and not completed).
Do I have do either delete (or have) the rookie draft before I can set up a new one? Deleting it scares the crap out of me because I am afraid of losing all of the future traded picks involved.

Any advice is appreciated!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,612.44
Answer: On MFL you can set up a draft to only include specific owners for your draft, but there is not an option to limit the player pool.

That said, to set up an expansion draft you will follow the instructions found in the Help > Commissioner Tutorials to set up your draft parameters. On the Setup > Draft Order Setup - All Rounds you can verify your number of rounds for your draft. If you need to edit this number you will need to change the number of rounds and then save the draft order for your league.
Note saving this page will overwrite any current draft order you have defined so ensure this is your intent prior to saving.

Next, go to the Setup > Draft Order Setup - One Round. Here you can add/remove the teams as needed to set up the order of the first round of your draft. You can then choose from the drop down box to apply this to "All other Rounds".
That will generate your draft order for your league with only specific teams involved.

You can then conduct your dispersal draft with these owners only for your league. Once that draft is complete you can Archive it if you intend to run another draft for the league. This can be done on the Setup > Archive Draft.

NOTE: If doing a dispersal draft you will want to wait until the new season is released (after the Super Bowl) before replacing owners and dropping roster players as the season is used as a historical reference. If you wish to do this before February you may be best to use a duplicate league to run your dispersal draft. Then use the Load Rosters in the new season to add the players to the new teams.

I am unable to answer questions about your site without a link to site or page your describing. If you dont provide a link I will not answer your post.

MFL Scripts Contributor for MyFantasyLeague.com
https://mflscripts.com/
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,612.44
Answer: Leagues are only allowed 1 draft to be set up at a time. Therefore, you will have to set these up independently.
Set up your first draft according to the instructions in the Help > Help Center - Commissioner Tutorials.
Conduct your first draft for your league to completion.
Once complete, go to the Setup > Archive Draft to store this information. Here you will need to define a Name for your draft. Note this is one word (numbers and letters permitted only).
After it is archived, you can define the draft order and setup parameters for your second draft. To do this edit the current parameters such as Start Date/Time and the General Timer settings for your second draft.
You can then view your draft results by going to the Draft/Auction > Draft Results and at the top of the page you will see the name of your archived draft(s). You can click this to view that report. Only 3 drafts are permitted to be archived per season.
NOTE If your league trades future draft picks, and you import them from the previous season, they will import only into the current draft that is defined. In the current season, Owners will only be able to trade draft picks for the current draft that is set up. Once the first draft is complete you can archive it, setup the subsequent draft and then begin trading for those picks.

If you imported traded picks into the first draft and archive it, after archiving you will need to "un-import" the picks so you can set up the subsequent draft order. You can then delete these picks for the current season. It will not alter any previous archived draft that has these picks imported. This option is found at the bottom of the Import Future Draft Picks screen to delete these picks.

If you wish for all draft picks to be traded immediately, or traded picks for multiple drafts in the previous season you will want to set up your entire draft order at one time and simply pause the timer between your drafts.

How helpful was this answer?

I am unable to answer questions about your site without a link to site or page your describing. If you dont provide a link I will not answer your post.

MFL Scripts Contributor for MyFantasyLeague.com
https://mflscripts.com/
SandShark
Sand$: 171.66
Thanks for the input! It was very helpful!

If I may, I would like to ask a couple of follow-ups, if it's OK?

I have already imported the future draft picks onto the new site (for the rookie draft), but we are going to have the dispersal draft first.

So, I just want to make sure, once I delete the current rookie draft to setup the dispersal, I will still be OK with importing future draft picks again once thats over and I reset the rookie draft?
Perhaps I am just paranoid that once I delete the current rookie draft that the imported picks will be lost forever...Im guessing I can "unimport" them now and then "import" them again later?

Thanks again for your very detailed answer above!