Rules...

Megalodon
Sand$: 43,483.44
How detailed do you get writing down the rules of your league?

Me... I just literally post a message "All scoring is final per the website" " All trades reviewed by myself or someone not involved in the trade if I am involved"

"No collusion, I will boot you out of my league and shame you in public for this"

Never had an issue in 10+ years commishing... league votes... bah... I am the law and I keep it fair, no one has questioned me on it and several leagues I have are long running.
Megalodon
Sand$: 65,565.28
Better to cover your bases and not need it than otherwise.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
Mine's a word.doc that I update every year. And with MFL I post it under Report/Rules/League Settings. I don't want to hear any whining about something being vague. Scroll to the bottom of the link:

http://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=46832&O=26

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,303.58
If printed out, ours would be akin to the bible. haha. Stuff comes up all the time so confusing to me when leagues can get away with minimal written rules.

Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,724.72
In my league we run a very formal word doc. as well. Each year we make tweaks and adjustments. Everything is spelled out as best possible to try to take as many question marks out of the equations. Our goal with the rules is to clearly indentify
how to handle any issue that might arise during the season. That way there isn't any crap about favoritism, bending the rules, cheating or anything like that.

The off season is to tweak and adjust the gray area's that come up during the year.

14 team 1/2 PPR (Re-draft 1 keeper)
QB: Brees
RB: Gurley, Mack, Samuels, Martin
WR: Brown, Woods, Jeffrey's, Hamilton
TE: Samuels, Hooper
K: Maher
Def: Baltimore, Miami
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,483.44
Agent575 wrote:If printed out, ours would be akin to the bible. haha. Stuff comes up all the time so confusing to me when leagues can get away with minimal written rules.

I feel like having it written out actually is the cause of most of the confusion. Now if we were playing keepers, or anything complex, I write out rules for that in more detail. But in a standard redraft league, "Don't be that guy" works fine. Avoids rules lawyering I find. When I'm judge jury and executioner it's pretty tough to try and logic backup why you traded a top 10 talent for scrubs to your buddy when you get knocked out of contention...
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,130.50
In my 20 year league the rules are 15 pages.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,829.26
my 26 year league, is a 5 page word document, including official scoring rules (in case I mess up on the website, and since it was in existence before websites). We have to tweak them every once in awhile, but even in a keeper league, they rules aren't very complicated. For the most part, if there is a question on scoring, it is "however it's scored in the NFL is how we score it in our league."

We've had very few issues except when it came to some questionable things such as people trying to dump games late in a season, which I've had to warn people about as part of my broad but very seldom used requirement to maintain the competitive integrity of the league.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
und2006 wrote:
Agent575 wrote:If printed out, ours would be akin to the bible. haha. Stuff comes up all the time so confusing to me when leagues can get away with minimal written rules.

I feel like having it written out actually is the cause of most of the confusion. Now if we were playing keepers, or anything complex, I write out rules for that in more detail. But in a standard redraft league, "Don't be that guy" works fine. Avoids rules lawyering I find. When I'm judge jury and executioner it's pretty tough to try and logic backup why you traded a top 10 talent for scrubs to your buddy when you get knocked out of contention...

I wish it were that easy and I'm glad that it has been for you. But I eventually end up with "that guy" in my league at times so having a document really makes it clear. I agree it doesn't have to be ridiculous, but once you write it up you're done. Just tweak it year to year as needed.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
pwbowen wrote:
und2006 wrote:

I wish it were that easy and I'm glad that it has been for you. But I eventually end up with "that guy" in my league at times so having a document really makes it clear. I agree it doesn't have to be ridiculous, but once you write it up you're done. Just tweak it year to year as needed.

Absolutely. Saves a lot of headaches in the long run. There's one in every crowd.
SandShark
Sand$: 12.02
I run a few salary cap contract idp leagues. Our rules are about 20 pages long, covering removal of owners, waivers, roster limits, scoring, payout, collision, rookie draft, trades, requirment and when we vote on new rules. I simply try and clise all the loop holes ibe seen over the years

1-K Hunt
2- D Adams
4 - J Ajayi
4- A Rodgers
4- K Drake
5- J Gordon
7- C Hogan
7- j Graham
10- C Carson
11- G Kittle
11- A Miller
11- K Golladay
12- P Richardson
13.05H
14.08C- C Brate
16.06B- G Zuerlein
17.11F
18.02F
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,067.32
What are the pros / cons of a flex position player? currently we start 1 QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D. Would like to see the 3rd WR position changed to a flex position where you could play a RB/WR/TE. What do you guys think?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
Grid Iron G wrote:What are the pros / cons of a flex position player? currently we start 1 QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D. Would like to see the 3rd WR position changed to a flex position where you could play a RB/WR/TE. What do you guys think?

Not sure that's on topic, but I am in favor of RB/WR/TE flex positions. Not so much a fan of the "super flex."

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,067.32
Warhaft wrote:
Grid Iron G wrote:What are the pros / cons of a flex position player? currently we start 1 QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D. Would like to see the 3rd WR position changed to a flex position where you could play a RB/WR/TE. What do you guys think?

Not sure that's on topic, but I am in favor of RB/WR/TE flex positions. Not so much a fan of the "super flex."

Thanks for the answer, Think I posted it in the wrong place...Sorry Guys
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,829.26
Grid Iron G wrote:
Warhaft wrote:

Thanks for the answer, Think I posted it in the wrong place...Sorry Guys

I agree, I like the flex (wouldn't even mind you just adding a RB/WR/TE flex and keeping 3 WRs). I'm very much against the super flex.