Should The Commissioner Have Nixed This Deal?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes : 9
Chum
Sand$: 186.34
FutBol wrote:You can stop clarifying. There are so many circumstances you are trying to build into the scenario to get us to see a specific side for something that occurred three years ago. If you are asking generic questions to start discussion on trades among players who are leaving, that's one thing; but trying to get some type of retroactive ruling on a specific trade from that long ago with hundreds of extenuating conditions is too much to address.

This discussion was done a month and a half ago, and you now want to add more detail. What's the goal? What exactly do you need to hear at this point? Did your league break up over this? Did a new owner step in?

I just saw the notification now tbh and then realized my response wasn't the most accurate.

What are the specific circumstances you are mentioning though. I was trying to be as objective, neutral, and fact-intensive as possible.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 781.68
your idea of fact-intensive is probably the same as mine with the circumstances.

With the picks traded, who ended up getting selected, and who was still on the board is the one that popped out to me first. The players selected were not only unknown at the time of the initial trade, but who was still available to be picked is inserting alternate player valuation into what was selected, and with the hindsight of three years.

All the rest of the detail about which team said what to whom, and who knew about what conversations before and after a trade was submitted - it's not as much "fact" as it is miscellaneous detail that is trying to paint a picture.

The best I can figure about all of this is it boils down to wondering if the commissioner should have rejected a deal because he thought it might be difficult to replace an owner involved in the trade. Three years later, I don't see what you could possibly gain from this discussion. You already know whether or not the owner was able to be replaced. You already know how that season ended up, as well as the next few. You already know how each of the picks that were traded did.

I'm not trying to discourage you from posting or having a discussion in general. I'm just suggesting that this particular topic is basically pointless.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,241.14
FutBol wrote:I'm not trying to discourage you from posting or having a discussion in general. I'm just suggesting that this particular topic is basically pointless.

Yes, it would seem to be a moot point, at best.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
TSN 14971 Champion: 2003
Yahoo 1472355 Champion: 2014

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.