Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
OK, our league has had a long-established system of determining the draft order by using software from FanSoft that simulates an NBA-style lottery, with the number of chances based, not on order of finish, but on the previous two years' draft positions.

(For example, if you draft 3rd in year 1 and 12th in year 2, you get 15 "virtual balls." If you draft 2nd, and 3rd, on the other hand, you only get 5. In a normal year with all owners returning, there should be 156 such "balls" in the lottery.)

Leaving aside a discussion of whether that is the best system - and I know plenty of arguments why it isn't - I did want to run something by the sharks. When two players trade draft positions (it doesn't happen often, but it does happen), we currently consider the draft position they drew to be the one that goes into the equation for the next season, not the one where they actually draft.

I'm comfortable with that, because the position they drew is the value they traded. Additionally, if they do a partial trade (some individual picks for others), how would we measure that? By first round only?

Just looking for feedback to make sure I'm on solid ground, or whether I need to look at it differently.
Last edited by Warhaft on Thu 06.21.2018, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,086.24
I would go by what they got in the draw. What they do with the picks after that is on them.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,830.86
625james wrote:I would go by what they got in the draw. What they do with the picks after that is on them.

^I agree.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
Gracias, amigos.