Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,634.12
1st - Sorry if this is redundant and I may be an idiot but I can't find the search box in this Forum to look for my answer.

We've had a league for 22 years now and have always done a Live draft. This year we're doing a live draft but I'm toying with the idea of having everyone logs into ESPN and makes picks in the online draft I setup while everyone is at my house in person. I have a concern that my wireless network can't handle the 12 new devices that will be logged in to do this draft at my house.

I've never done an online draft and my questions is, if all else fails and I (the commish) need to input everyone pics after the online draft starts because of technical issues, how much of a pain in the A** will it be for me to have to make all the pics for all teams?

Thanks!

QB-
RB- Coleman
WR -
TE -
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,312.20
Yes, the GM can pause at any point make a pick for a player (or unwind a pick, etc.)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,830.86
Same question for MFL...can commish make all picks in the draft?
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,130.50
mobsters wrote:Same question for MFL...can commish make all picks in the draft?

Yes. Been doing it for 15 years. Two ways I have done it:

1) After the in-person live draft is over, log into the league as the commish, launch the live draft room and then I entered in the draft.

2) Or during the draft do the same thing entering in picks as they happen.

Only little "glitch" is that for the first pick you'll need to choose the team who has the first pick and once you make that pick it will automatically move on to the next pick with no further manual intervention.
Great White Shark
bonscott wrote:
mobsters wrote:Same question for MFL...can commish make all picks in the draft?

Yes. Been doing it for 15 years. Two ways I have done it:

1) After the in-person live draft is over, log into the league as the commish, launch the live draft room and then I entered in the draft.

2) Or during the draft do the same thing entering in picks as they happen.

Only little "glitch" is that for the first pick you'll need to choose the team who has the first pick and once you make that pick it will automatically move on to the next pick with no further manual intervention.

Cool. We have some issues with live drafting, and I'm thinking that my manually inputting the draft as it happens will help out.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,634.12
I don't know. I tried this before the draft and it wasn't easy to do. Two of us couldn't figure it out and from what I found on the help boards, the options they were talking about to do this didn't exist. I found one forum who said the feature has been removed this year?

I would test if you plan on doing this. I ended up using a Google shared excel doc and had to manually enter the picks after. I did see, after this, that you can have an off line draft where it seems like they give yo a draft boad to manually put in picks. This may be a better option.

QB-
RB- Coleman
WR -
TE -
Great White Shark
md2002 wrote:I don't know. I tried this before the draft and it wasn't easy to do. Two of us couldn't figure it out and from what I found on the help boards, the options they were talking about to do this didn't exist. I found one forum who said the feature has been removed this year?

I would test if you plan on doing this. I ended up using a Google shared excel doc and had to manually enter the picks after. I did see, after this, that you can have an off line draft where it seems like they give yo a draft boad to manually put in picks. This may be a better option.

Good to know. I may just try that out after the draft and see how it goes, and then if it works, use it during the draft next year.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,130.50
If you guys are still talking about MFL, it's super easy and free to duplicate your league (should be a link at the bottom of your commish page) and you can test the draft out all you'd like without fear of screwing up your main league.

Every year I duplicate my league and I don't transfer the team info across so that I have a league to test out stuff without messing up the "actual" league. :)
Great White Shark
mobsters wrote:
md2002 wrote:I don't know. I tried this before the draft and it wasn't easy to do. Two of us couldn't figure it out and from what I found on the help boards, the options they were talking about to do this didn't exist. I found one forum who said the feature has been removed this year?

Good to know. I may just try that out after the draft and see how it goes, and then if it works, use it during the draft next year.

I ended up having a second draft at the same time as my league's draft, so I didn't mess with this.

Ah, maybe next year.