Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,646.66
Hey,
It looks like this year the vote is finally going to pass where our league will have unlimited pickups.

The last 22 years we've had a pickup limit so this is a big change for us. The advice I'm looking for is this - for those who do unlimited pickups how often do you reset the pick up order? With limited pickups I set the pickup order everyday as it happens, so it's constantly getting reset. I'm assuming with unlimited pickups resetting the order will become a nightmare so I'm thinking of only resetting the order once a week. Monday night when pickups start I set the order and after that it's a free for all until the next Monday.

Is this what leagues with no limit on pickups do?

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
RB- Coleman (O), Barkley (O) ,Peterson, J. Williams, D. Williams (O), Mattison
WR - McLaurin, Lockett, Thielen, Sutton,
TE - Cook, Olsen
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,895.68
We do rolling priority. If you pick up a guy off waivers, you move to the end of the list.
Great White Shark
That's what we do but do you reset it every time a pickup is made? ESPN doesn't do it everyday automatically, I have to do it manually. It's only automated after Monday's pickups.

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
TE - Cook, Olsen
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,941.40
We have a $1 transaction fee for pickups, with the money going into the pool, so we've never needed a limit. However, we've also set it up so that the waiver priority only comes into play once a week, and after the waiver process, it's first-come, first-serve until the end of the week. Not sure if you can set ESPN up like that.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Great White Shark
Warhaft wrote:We have a $1 transaction fee for pickups, with the money going into the pool, so we've never needed a limit. However, we've also set it up so that the waiver priority only comes into play once a week, and after the waiver process, it's first-come, first-serve until the end of the week. Not sure if you can set ESPN up like that.

I don't believe you can.

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
TE - Cook, Olsen
Megalodon
Sand$: 67,371.20
Rolling. No reset. Adds some strategy to waivers. Do I want to relinquish my waiver priority for this player?

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Mako Shark
md2002 wrote:That's what we do but do you reset it every time a pickup is made? ESPN doesn't do it everyday automatically, I have to do it manually. It's only automated after Monday's pickups.

I'm not completely clear on what you mean by "reset it every time pickup is made". It does in a sense; when the person at #1 makes a waiver pickup, they move to #14 (it's a 14-team league), and everyone from #2-#14 moves up one spot. If the person who had been #2 also makes a pickup, now they are #14, and everyone bumps up one.
Great White Shark
Eddo wrote:
md2002 wrote:That's what we do but do you reset it every time a pickup is made? ESPN doesn't do it everyday automatically, I have to do it manually. It's only automated after Monday's pickups.

I'm not completely clear on what you mean by "reset it every time pickup is made". It does in a sense; when the person at #1 makes a waiver pickup, they move to #14 (it's a 14-team league), and everyone from #2-#14 moves up one spot. If the person who had been #2 also makes a pickup, now they are #14, and everyone bumps up one.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and this works like a champ on Monday night going into Tuesday after pickups are made, but unless I'm missing a setting, this doesn't happen "automatically" any other day of the week. In other words, everyday I have to manually set the pickup order, ESPN doesn't do it for me. So on Wed. afternoon if I pick up is made nothing changes on the waiver pickup order, it all stays the same and I have to do it manually.

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
TE - Cook, Olsen
Megalodon
Sand$: 67,371.20
That’s just weird. Unless ESPN has just missed this altogether, I think you’ve got something screwy in the setup.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Great White Shark
It is weird because if I hover over the explanation it states that regardless of what you choose anyone making a pick will be moved to last in waiver order after the pick is made? This isn't what happens though. I'll have to go through my settings, maybe it's somewhere else.

QB- Brees (O) , Cousins
TE - Cook, Olsen
Mako Shark
md2002 wrote:
Eddo wrote:

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and this works like a champ on Monday night going into Tuesday after pickups are made, but unless I'm missing a setting, this doesn't happen "automatically" any other day of the week. In other words, everyday I have to manually set the pickup order, ESPN doesn't do it for me. So on Wed. afternoon if I pick up is made nothing changes on the waiver pickup order, it all stays the same and I have to do it manually.

It's probably because you have waivers run on Wednesday morning, and have it set to be first come first serve after that (that's how my league is set up too).
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,130.50
In my 20+ years playing fantasy football I've never been in a league that had a limit on number of waivers. It's just a weird concept to me. Why limit waivers? Never made any sense.

As for resetting the order...by far the most popular way to run adds/drops is a waiver earlier in the week followed by FCFS. Waivers can be determined by a waiver wire order (however you determine the order) OR Blind Bidding (by far the best way to do it). FCFS doesn't effect waiver order in any way.
MFL supports never resetting the waiver order, season long rolling waivers (go to the bottom when you get someone) or weekly rolling (reset each week). Again, only waiver pickups affect the waiver order, FCFS does not.