Lock Team Down Or No?

Yes. Lock The Team Down.
No votes
No. Do Not Lock The Team Down.
100%

Total votes : 2
Chum
Sand$: 186.34
So let's say we're like 9-10 weeks into the fantasy season, and Owner A has been able to make trades all season long. During Week 1 he told his opponent that he wants to go all-in this year because it is likely his last year in the league. The opponent thinks Owner A also told him this during the off-season, but isn't 100% sure. However, Owner A has now been eliminated from the playoffs and it does seem like he will not be coming back to the league next year. Sure, he might come back next season (the previous season he said the same thing, yet still returned), but odds are he won't.

This is a dynasty league where, obviously, you can trade draft picks from future years to acquire players. Owner A has made these kinds of trades with the Commish and other owners all year, even after Week 1 when he told his opponent that he was leaving. There is no trade deadline and teams eliminated from the playoffs are not locked from making roster transactions. In fact, trades have been processed to teams in the championship right before kickoff for Week 16.

So do you still allow Owner A to make trades, or do you shut him down completely?

Assume that the league does not vote on trades, but that the trades he will make will be for fair-market-value (as determined by many previous deals made in the league).

Also, keep in mind that somebody else will have to inherit his team, but the new owner has not been found just yet.
However, also be sure to consider that Owner A has paid full dues for the league this season and that the team is still 100% his at the moment.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,312.20
Is this another version of your previous questions?
Megalodon
Sand$: 138,048.91
If he's not doing anything against the rules then you can't make new rules midseason.

Hard to really comment much on a completely hypothetical situation. If he starts selling all of his team's future value I would maybe talk to him and confirm that he plans to return. You can't make him return but at least he will know you are monitoring the situation.

This is why most leagues have a trade deadline. Consider implementing one for next season.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,312.20
Are you the commish ?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,896.02
About every dynasty league I’ve been in expects payment for tge future draft picks of the years being traded. Trade next year picks you need to pay next years fee in advance.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,830.86
Trade deadlines are a thing for a good reason. I don't think you can institute new rules and lock him out for trades because he might come back.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
scootm44 wrote:If he's not doing anything against the rules then you can't make new rules midseason.

Hard to really comment much on a completely hypothetical situation. If he starts selling all of his team's future value I would maybe talk to him and confirm that he plans to return. You can't make him return but at least he will know you are monitoring the situation.

This is why most leagues have a trade deadline. Consider implementing one for next season.

mobsters wrote:Trade deadlines are a thing for a good reason. I don't think you can institute new rules and lock him out for trades because he might come back.

I agree with both of these.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Chum
Sand$: 64.86
Unfortunately, your rules don't say anything about locking a team down, so you can't do it. For next year you need to have a date when trades for the season are over as well as other rules you deem necessary so as to never have this happen again.