Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,297.72
I just need to vent - but here's the story and a possible moral:

Last year, there were two brothers in my league. As the year progressed, they got increasingly not nice and started pushing for things that they have in the league that they run like trade voting. They started complaining about trades going on and how unfair/lopsided they were and that we need to vote. To the point where they I just said "fine" and did a league vote on whether or not to do trade approvals. League voted 10-2 (guess who the two were) to NOT vote on trades.

As a side note, they trade they were most upset about was a strong players for future draft picks trade. They felt it was lopsided to the guy getting the players (although in all of our years of allowing players for picks, it has never once worked for the team receiving players into getting a championship.) Surprise surprise, the guy receiving players didn't even make it to the finals and the guy getting picks is currently the league leader this year.

Anyway, move to this year, and the two brothers continue to complain. We also have a fun rule where the team that gets beat by the most points is renamed by whomever beat them. First two weeks of the season, and the two beatdown were the two brothers. Both refused. Shortly after being berated for it, they have a fairly lopsided trade between the two of them. In most cases, I wouldn't have batted an eye at it because you never know, especially early in the season, but the fact it was between them made it clearly collusion. I said I'd allow the trade and let it go through - but the league was up in arms.

I told the brothers I was not going to unwind the trade, but that I expected better sportsmanship and attitude moving forward. And that they would have to follow all of our rules and not be negative members. Within 8 hours, one of the brothers broke a league rule (undoing their beatdown name), and I warned them if not fixed by gametime Thursday I was going to kick him out. No shock, but he didn't so he was removed.

I should have just kicked out the other brother, but I didn't feel fully justified and wanted to give them a chance. Another owner sends a reasonable trade offer to the brother, and the brother counters with giving away top players. Of course that dude accepted it, but it also included a player who had already played on thursday so I said I was going to disallow the trade because you can't move players who have already played and we'd pick up the discussion after the week was over.

30 minutes before gametime on Sunday, the brother drops his whole team and picks up all kickers. Kicked him out and had to spend a fair amount of time on Yahoo! rebuilding the teams.

MORAL - WHen you see a cancer in your league. Don't give them a chance. Just remove it and move on. Being nice is unlikely going to go anywhere. Jerks are jerks.
Megalodon
Sand$: 72,242.90
Good riddance. The only thing I would disagree on is disallowing the trade of a Thursday player. Most sites wouldn't comple the trade until Tuesday.
Great White Shark
625james wrote:Good riddance. The only thing I would disagree on is disallowing the trade of a Thursday player. Most sites wouldn't comple the trade until Tuesday.

I wasn't sure because the notification from Yahoo said it would complete 9/30. I didn't want to risk allowing it. But the dude was purposefully dumping, so it deserved to be rejected anyway.
Megalodon
Sand$: 72,242.90
Absolutely, I'm sure the rest of the league is pleased with the results.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,875.68
NautArch wrote:
625james wrote:Good riddance. The only thing I would disagree on is disallowing the trade of a Thursday player. Most sites wouldn't comple the trade until Tuesday.

I wasn't sure because the notification from Yahoo said it would complete 9/30. I didn't want to risk allowing it. But the dude was purposefully dumping, so it deserved to be rejected anyway.

Yeah - I got bit by this before, because Yahoo for some reason allows Thursday players to be traded between their game and the Sunday games. (I approved a trade thinking it wouldn't go through until after the week's games, but it went through right away, so I had to undo it and manually put it through Tuesday.)

I can see where you maybe "should" have allowed that trade and had it take effect after the weekend, but given the entire context and these two jerks, it's probably for the best you handled it like you did.
Great White Shark
Just so freaking sad. This is my last year commishing this league and the guy who dumped was supposed to take it over next year. Frustrating that he couldn't keep his sh*t together for one last year. But good for the rest of the league who was considering continuing on to see what type of commish he would have been (and what type of human he actually is.)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
Sorry, man. I remember you telling everyone about retiring from the job. You were right to do it, and it sucks, but you are correct that he clearly wasn't the guy to run the league after all.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Great White Shark
Warhaft wrote:Sorry, man. I remember you telling everyone about retiring from the job. You were right to do it, and it sucks, but you are correct that he clearly wasn't the guy to run the league after all.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about combining my two leagues into one with folks I like. But this last round has me second-guessing that. I may be able to get one of them to take over the commish role. Turns out I can't quit FF.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,843.38
Boom
Megalodon
Sand$: 137,403.95
This is why we limit our teams to 2 kickers.

Megalodon
Sand$: 137,403.95
Just kidding. Good job booting them.