Player hoarding

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,895.68
Warhaft wrote:In our redraft league, we changed the requirement to "doubtful", "out", weekly inactive, or injured reserve. We defer to the official injury and inactive reports, but use ESPN as the definitive in-week resource, as our website's tracking of injuries is odd, to say the least. We haven't had any issues like we used to do with "questionable," but to each their own.

How do you handle players who are listed as doubtful earlier in the week, but get upgraded to questionable? Are you allowed to put players on IR if they are listed as doubtful at any time during the week, or is it something like "as of noon on Saturday"?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,255.14
Eddo wrote:
Warhaft wrote:In our redraft league, we changed the requirement to "doubtful", "out", weekly inactive, or injured reserve. We defer to the official injury and inactive reports, but use ESPN as the definitive in-week resource, as our website's tracking of injuries is odd, to say the least. We haven't had any issues like we used to do with "questionable," but to each their own.

How do you handle players who are listed as doubtful earlier in the week, but get upgraded to questionable? Are you allowed to put players on IR if they are listed as doubtful at any time during the week, or is it something like "as of noon on Saturday"?

Yes, in our league, if the player is eligible at any point during the week, they can be put on IR. At the end of any week where their final status makes them no longer eligible (active and questionable or better), they have to be activated and they or their replacement are dropped. The owners are mostly a stable group who have been in the league for over ten years, and I've found they are reliably self-policing, for the most part, and on Sundays, I usually find there is not much for me to do. It all depends on the group, I suppose.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
TSN 14971 Champion: 2003
Yahoo 1472355 Champion: 2014

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,993.20
Warhaft wrote:
Eddo wrote:

Yes, in our league, if the player is eligible at any point during the week, they can be put on IR. At the end of any week where their final status makes them no longer eligible (active and questionable or better), they have to be activated and they or their replacement are dropped. The owners are mostly a stable group who have been in the league for over ten years, and I've found they are reliably self-policing, for the most part, and on Sundays, I usually find there is not much for me to do. It all depends on the group, I suppose.

Right, if you have a good group that are self-policing, then it's not a problem. Too often, that's not the case. Even if a person is self-policing, they may not notice it, and then you get into the conundrum of whether or not that is providing them an advantage. That's why either no IR or only if they are on the league IR makes it more cut and dried and easier to police for everyone. But each league is different, so whatever works!