Bunk Trade?

Post Reply  
Leopard Shark
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2017
Sand$: 269.84
I have Mahomes, in first place.

I play the second place guy this weekend.

This dude just traded Hyde, DT and Carson for Tyreek Hill, with the last place team in the league.

Garbage trade? Who takes a bunch of mid range scrubs for a top 5 WR?

Collusion?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17456
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 134,561.57
You'll get better feedback in the commissioner's corner forum. Moving the thread there.
_______________________________________

Image
Chum
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018
Sand$: 104.62
If this is a money league, the second place team and last place team probably made a deal. I run a 10 team league and in order for a trade to be allowed it's put to a vote. If the vote has 4 vetoes or more, the commissioner reviews the trade.
Last edited by rpglantz4 on Wed 11.07.2018, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4967
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 8,384.75
this is not a bunk trade. Just because a team is out of the running for the playoffs doesn't mean that they're out of the running to try and win games. Their season isn't over. While I am not high on Hyde, there a lot of people who still believe in DT and the opportunity he has in Houston is a good one. I've been a Carson believer since last year and had there been no injury I think he'd have been a solid RB2. Nabbing a WR2, RB2 and flex to a struggling team isn't unreasonable. I agree it's not a great trade, but I can see the valuation.

You're just salty that you didn't make the trade with that team in the first place.

As always, the only time you would ever consider vetoing a trade is if it is true collusion. Bad deals aren't collusion. Collusion is collusion. Do you have a reason to suspect it other than the deal itself?

As for trade voting in general: just don't do it
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2053
Joined: Fri Sep 9, 2005
Sand$: 5,941.40
NautArch wrote:this is not a bunk trade. Just because a team is out of the running for the playoffs doesn't mean that they're out of the running to try and win games. Their season isn't over. While I am not high on Hyde, there a lot of people who still believe in DT and the opportunity he has in Houston is a good one. I've been a Carson believer since last year and had there been no injury I think he'd have been a solid RB2. Nabbing a WR2, RB2 and flex to a struggling team isn't unreasonable. I agree it's not a great trade, but I can see the valuation.

You're just salty that you didn't make the trade with that team in the first place.

As always, the only time you would ever consider vetoing a trade is if it is true collusion. Bad deals aren't collusion. Collusion is collusion. Do you have a reason to suspect it other than the deal itself?

As for trade voting in general: just don't do it


Agree with NautArch here on all counts. Also, what are their roster compositions? Perhaps the one player feels they need to address multiple positions, and only has one asset to trade, so this may be their last-ditch effort. I've done that myself during a bad enough year, you take a few mid-level players who individually have potential upside over one RB1 or WR1. Tyreek is a freak, but he can't play 3 positions at once. Value is always relative.
_______________________________________

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Leopard Shark
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2017
Sand$: 269.84
Scoreboard on this trade so far -

Hill = 42 points after 2 weeks

DT, Carson, Hyde = 7 points after 2 weeks

Carson and Hyde haven't taken a single carry since this trade was made.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4967
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 8,384.75
DeeCleat wrote:Scoreboard on this trade so far -

Hill = 42 points after 2 weeks

DT, Carson, Hyde = 7 points after 2 weeks

Carson and Hyde haven't taken a single carry since this trade was made.

ok, want a tissue?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2053
Joined: Fri Sep 9, 2005
Sand$: 5,941.40
DeeCleat wrote:I have Mahomes, in first place.

I play the second place guy this weekend.

This dude just traded Hyde, DT and Carson for Tyreek Hill, with the last place team in the league.

Garbage trade? Who takes a bunch of mid range scrubs for a top 5 WR?

Collusion?


Carson averaged 14.3 points in PPR since this post, if I include a zero for the game he missed due to injury, 16.7 per game over the 9 games he started and finished during that time, and 18.5 per game during the fantasy playoffs. Hyde was serviceable until his trade to Jacksonville, and Thomas averaged 10.4 per game, even including his blank at Washington, with a 19.8 during Hill's week 12 bye.

This is why trade vetoes are stupid.
_______________________________________

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.