Commissioner Problem

Chum
Sand$: 14.58
A team that is eliminated from the playoffs dropped a top player and a top team the league just picked him up. What do I do? the team who dropped him said hes dropping his entire team and wants the playoff teams to grab them and hopefully the right teams get them. Do I reset that transaction? Do I ask the rest of the league for their input? HELP!!
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,083.62
Reverse the transactions, lock the team that dropped and explain to the owner this isn't proper behavior. If he doesn't get it don't invite him back next year.
Chum
Sand$: 14.58
Any clue on how to lock teams on ESPN platform?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,312.20
625james wrote:Reverse the transactions, lock the team that dropped and explain to the owner this isn't proper behavior. If he doesn't get it don't invite him back next year.

Agreed, undo it and change the team ownership to you. Kick that guy out.
Chum
Sand$: 64.86
All top players are on a can't cut or can't drop list, does your league use it? If not, definitely use it next season. When a player is dropped, everyone receives notice immediately as the player is on the WW for 24 hours.

In addition, as part of my league's constitution, all teams must draft and maintain their roster for the Regular Season and Postseason in order to maintain a valid starting lineup each week.
Last edited by rpglantz4 on Wed 12.05.2018, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,875.68
Definitely undo the transaction and freeze the roster of the guy dropping players.

Do you think the guy who picked up the player was in on it? That is, did the dropping owner coordinate with the picking up owner? (Hopefully you have waivers, so this doesn't matter.) If so, you need to discipline him, as well.

I might not kick the guy(s) out, though. Are they new to fantasy football, or even just a more serious league? If they didn't realize this was bad, then I would probably give them a warning, and tell them I'll kick them out if they do anything shady again. (And if they're not sure if something is shady, to ask you.) But if they have been playing for a while, I would definitely considering kicking them out now.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 684.62
I find it hard to believe that anyone would not think this is bad. If a player is dropped and can be immediately picked up by another owner, that setting should also be changed. You shouldn't want your league decided by who happens to be online at the right time.

Don't know about ESPN settings, but post to your message board that you are undoing it, and will undo any other transactions that occur like this until you have the settings established to lock out the owner who has stated his intention to drop his players for other teams.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,923.94
Agreed. I ran into a similar issue over 10 years ago, and it very nearly tore the league apart.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.