Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,540.22
Just a question, wonder what the normal length is. I'm in a league where our LM takes a long long time to pay. Unfortunately I cant really say jack as the LG is a very good friend of mine but I'm at the point where its getting very frustrating being in his league.

For example, I didn't get paid until spring time last year and I'm concerned itll happen again this year. Emails and texts have been sent to no avail. What's your average wait time and any suggestions for me?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,348.07
There is no 'normal'. Is this your first year in this league with this guy as commish? How has he done payouts previously if not?

But either way - he's your friend. Just talk to him. If he's not responding to text/email/calls and he's your friend then you should reach out to other mutual friends and make sure he's okay.
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,335.90
As soon as Leaguesafe allows me to.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 781.68
I'd think being his good friend would make it easier for you to say something. If you have rules on when you have to pay, there should also be rules or understanding on when you'll receive winnings.

Only time I took a long time in the past was when I couldn't get in touch with the owners who had winnings to be given.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,750.48
I send the Winnings the Friday after the Championship. Used to do it the Monday after but had 1 year where Stat Corrections flipped the 3rd Place Game
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,348.07
Inquiring minds want to know: did you get paid?
Chum
Sand$: 100.00
I pay within 1 week after the playoffs are over.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,241.14
I don't have a set time, but generally, the playoffs end at or around Christmas, and I try to have all prizes paid out by the end of the year, so roughly a week. Pay the champions first, then any others in descending order of finish, and only delay if, for any reason, someone still owes money. Better to have settled up with everyone who owes before the end of the season, though.

OMITB Champion: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2016
CFL Champion: 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
TSN 14971 Champion: 2003
Yahoo 1472355 Champion: 2014

"Best available kicker and the Colts D." Rest in peace, Ken.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,866.48
I won it all one year, and the commish didn’t pay me or give me the trophy until the following draft.
Fortunately, I had about 50 pounds of his weed so I wasn’t trippin.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,464.84
With paypal, venmo, zelle etc. in addition to the old classic methods there is no reason you shouldn't be paid in a few days. Waiting months is moronic

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,335.90
sctroyfan wrote:With paypal, venmo, zelle etc. in addition to the old classic methods there is no reason you shouldn't be paid in a few days. Waiting months is moronic

The times I was paid late were most often because commish sucked at collecting from the losers.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,464.84
und2006 wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:With paypal, venmo, zelle etc. in addition to the old classic methods there is no reason you shouldn't be paid in a few days. Waiting months is moronic

The times I was paid late were most often because commish sucked at collecting from the losers.

I had the same issue as commish.. Until, I gave a deadline ( like week 6 or something ) and if a team still hadn't paid I locked their rosters. Odd how people start to communicate and pay when they can't adjust the lineup of a 6-0 team. If you wait until too late in the season to do anything it's less likely losers might pay up

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,135.22
Both my local leagues have had a deadline in our league bylaws for decades.

All league fees owed are due by kickoff of the Superbowl.
Once all league fees are collected then checks/PayPal/cash go out to the winners however they desire to get their winnings.

So you may ask, why are league fees owed after the season? Well, the actual yearly team fee is paid at the draft (you are kicked out if you don't pay).
We charge $$ per transaction, charge per lowest weekly score (as well as payout high score) and so forth.
So once the season is over after week 16 champtionships, within a couple days I do a full accounting balance with what is owed and what people won. Then I contact those that owe on paying up.

I typically have everything collected by the week before the Superbowl and start paying those that won moola. If I will run into them at a SuperBowl party I'll give them a check there unless they requested it earlier.

If you don't pay what you owe by the SuperBowl or have made arrangements with the commish, you're kicked out. That simple. :)