Chum
Sand$: 44.74
Granted the situation is rare when a game is postponed or cancelled, but as we now know, it happens. We need to be able to react to when and if it happens again. Every team owner deserves the right to fully compete. I have two suggestions that provide affected owners with full use of their starters if this happens again. The first would be to credit the afflicted team with the projected stats for the erased player. These are provided in Live Scoring. The second, only works for the last week and was probably only doable this season. That was to plug in what the erased players achieved in their next game. As I mentioned, this would only work on Week 17.
Whatever the solution, what happened this time is unacceptable. Imagine you started Josh Allen, Stephon Diggs, Ja Marr Chase, and Knox. A terrific total that came to zero. That's just not right.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 311.59
As you noted, a unique situation and one we all hope never happens again for a similar reason. I run a league (43 seasons) and play in two others. Each league handled things differently. Obviously, there is no perfect solution and it takes a group of owners that trust their commish to do the best for their league.
As a commish, you can pretty easily do whatever works best for you. I think MFL just rang up zeros for the players in that game but I was able to adjust the teams' scores without a problem. We used season averages for Allen and Chase who were on opposite sides of the title game. The game was already a blowout so it had no effect on the outcome.
One league I played in used the Week 18 scores for the one player involved, the other league used the projected scores from Fantasy Sharks.
I think the real problem is that few if any leagues have anything in their rules that cover this. I will be correcting that for my league in the off-season. Once there is an established solution it's pretty easy to apply it inside MFL. It would be nice if MFL had something built in as an option(s) but with so many different possibilities there isn't much chance they could cover them all. YMMV

Myfantasyleague ID=44355
The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2023...Our 44th Season!!
----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine
Chum
It is good to learn that you were able to handle it. I am in two leagues. One is in a NFL fantasy league where the affected players received goose eggs. Fortunately, neither team vying for the championship had a Bill or Bengal in their lineup. However, it could have gone far worse, given the fondness of many team owners of stacking their line ups. In my other league, which is part of MFL, one team had two Bengals, Burrow and Higgins and was behind by a hefty margin. The other owner suggested a tie. The owner of the losing team, also the commissioner readily agreed. When I inquired about other ways of handling the situation, like the two solutions I suggested earlier, and ones you have use, he said it was too much trouble. So fine, I understand that league managers have enough on their plates, thus, I thought if there was something in the MFL software that permitted a commissioner to have the options out there, then there might be little or no extra work for the commissioner. I think your statement that few leagues have anything in their rules to cover the situation is right on. I'll be speaking more to my commissioner about this. I had hoped the MFL could address the situation.
Chum
I agree. I guess it is pretty much up to the leagues. Thanks.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 311.59
Yup, adjusting the scores themselves is easy, an option on the Commissioners setup menu. Now, how you decide what adjustment to make if any, that's the question. As I said, I'm adding something to our rules to cover it.

I'm lucky in that most of my owners have been in our league for decades. Over time I've earned their trust in making these decisions. But in a league where guys don't know each other, or in a situation where the commish's team is involved...that could easily get dicey.

Myfantasyleague ID=44355
The Ed Hughes Football League, Since 1980
2023...Our 44th Season!!
----------
"Yes, well, everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out." -Rick Blaine