Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,321.06
Lost in the hoopla of the great debut of the rookie wide receiver Julio Jones is the fact that Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez didn’t have any catches on Friday night.

Granted, they took limited snaps, but while most of the first-team offense was present on the field, so were they. The Falcons looked explosive, posting 17 points in the first quarter with seeming ease.

Both players are at a point in their career where they’re seeking Super Bowl championships, not singular honors. White feels the way things happened on Friday could signal the way they offense flows this season.

It’s no secret White will draw a lot of double coverages and as he does, things may open up for Jones and shift slot receiver Harry Douglas, much like it did in the preseason’s first game. White said Monday morning the offense may be based on what they do well and what the defense presents.

“I think this year will be a lot of mismatches,”
he said. “Whoever has the best matchup, that’s probably where we’ll going to go with the ball. It’s going to be tough to just line people up. You can’t double team all of us. At some point somebody’s got to get man-on-man coverages. That person’s got to win. That’s what I think will happen.”

It’s a similar theory that Jones presented after the game Friday night. He shared that quarterback Matt Ryan is in charge of this offense and he decides where the ball will go. That particular night, Ryan liked Jones’ matchups the best so that’s the direction he went.

White’s okay with that kind of offense and he’s happy some of his fellow receivers have the chance to put up some nice numbers as well.

“Just pick your matchup, pick your poison, and whoever has the greatest matchup, it’s probably the person that’s going to have the best game that day,” he said.

I love it. =D>
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,548.18
I certainly got that impression Friday night.

I know it's preseason and maybe they just didn't want to put Roddy at risk, but it seems like while DC's are cuing on 84, Julio will be on the other side reaping the rewards...

Gonna be a good year, I think. 8)

2010 NFL Challenge Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 4,621.68
TheNewGuy wrote:I certainly got that impression Friday night.

I know it's preseason and maybe they just didn't want to put Roddy at risk, but it seems like while DC's are cuing on 84, Julio will be on the other side reaping the rewards...

Gonna be a good year, I think. 8)

I went to the game Friday night on 8/12 was fun.

ImageImageImage