Browns footage

Megalodon
Sand$: 44,020.16
Here's Lou 'The Toe' narrating some game footage of perhaps the most underrated RB ever in Marion Motley, perhaps the greatest ever in Jim Brown, and some darn good Leroy Kelley. All Hall of Famers, The Toe too.

When I was a kid, anytime anyone mentioned Jim Brown being the greatest RB ever, the old timers, my Pop included, would always get this smirk on their faces and say, "Yea...but Motley was better." To them Marion Motley was a mean and nasty player who always sacrifice himself for the good of the team, was a hell of a blocker and linebacker, and he contributed to five Browns Championships in eight trips to the Championship game. To them Jim Brown should have been the greatest, but they all carried a certain bitterness towards JB's militant attitude, the fact he was a lax blocker, his few fumbles at critical times which cost the Browns shots at more Championships, but most importantly, his contribution to the horrible treatment of Paul Brown at the hands of The Evil Modell, then his up and quiting football, his last game an underachiving Championship game loss to Green Bay, just so he could go Hollywood...Meanwhile I'm watching Jimmy Brown footage and just staring at all his incredible stats thinking, "Uum, so Motley. Anybody? Was better than Jim Brown?

Anyway, the last time I watched some Motley footage was at the HOF, so this is a nice find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWusi_0ubI4&NR=1

Here's someone's Jim Brown tribute. It's cool in that it shows some still photos, near the end, showing one of Jim Brown's TD passes. Like today's Tomlinson, Jim Brown had a habit for throwing TDs. In Jim Brown's 4 career completions, he passed for 117 yards and 3 TDs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcgaBD55 ... re=related
Last edited by The BlueBeards on Mon 03.10.2008, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

On FF sabbatical.
2016: FSNFL, P$B, Wall, Dyno$, Uber, College, DeathMatch, HoP
Megalodon
Ahh, this one is cool. The bongo's baby!

Starts out with some classic disappointment from '68 :lol: Leroy Kelly lead the league in rushing with 1239 yards, Paul Warfield is second in receiving with 1067 yards, we go (10-4) on the season, beat a powerful (12-2) Dallas Cowboys in the playoffs, only to get smoked by the Baltimore Colts in the NFL Championship game 34-0. The big star that day for the Colts was RB Tom Matte, a local kid and former Shaw High School and Ohio State QB/RB star, who scored three touchdowns before being hurt badly in the 3rd quarter, leaving the game. The Cleveland fans were so frustrated after that home loss they tore down the goal post anyway. Then the cocky Colts, with their leading rusher Matte banged up, went on to lose to the AFL's NY Jets in SBIII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3NSaKyOxg
Last edited by The BlueBeards on Mon 03.10.2008, 11:02, edited 2 times in total.

On FF sabbatical.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 67,956.71
Excellent vid's BB! Yah, JB gave us pleasure and pain, and his role in the Paul Brown affair stunk to high heaven. The guys's had more than his share of scrapes with the law too. Them women just can't finish their assignments!

I really don't think we'll ever fall into an era the likes of that again, though anything is possible. This current group will compete nicely, but to go to 10 straight championship games? Never happen. I'd settle for..one right now. :wink:

ImageImage
Megalodon
You know, I watch that vid, and I remember when the bastage NFL started to put up those ugly, stick the view behind them, nets just to catch FG balls. At least back then, and for a few years after, the NFL would let some balls go to the crowd...

You'd think, now that each NFL team make at least 118 mil a season, just of TV, that they could afford to scrap those stupid nets and just let a few balls go to the fans again.

On FF sabbatical.
Megalodon

On FF sabbatical.
Megalodon

On FF sabbatical.