Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,531.06
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
trevorr77 wrote:CB: Cason or Flowers
S: Kenny Phillips (its possible, but I think we should give our young guys another year to grow into these positions)
TE: forgot his name already
OT: who's still around.

I say if Cason makes it to us we go that direction...I didn't think he'd slide as far as he has. Personally I think CB is the BIGGEST need by far on this team as we are one injury from being in a LOT of trouble. The dropoff from 1/2 to number 3 is so huge it could collapse our entire D. We NEED someone who can step in and play the #3 spot and fill in for those two if something happens.

Agreed, if Cason is there he will be picked then. If not then reconvene in here.

He'll be there. But IMO he's not worth picking in the first round. Probably none of the OTs are who are left either.

You're in a tough spot. You could reach for Cason, but he's a Cover 2 DB, and doesn't really fit the scheme. It'd be a big reach for a guy that doesn't fit.

They could reach for a backup QB if they're high on anyone, but I don't think you're getting value there either.

I think since they don't have many needs, GB might just go best player available, which would be Calais Campbell, Philip Merling, or DeSean Jackson.

None of them are needs, but anyone else would be a stretch.

Just my $.02.

I was pretty sure he was a man corner....Am I thinking of someone else.

He seems to be the best fit for a Cover 2, IMO, and based on the scouting work I've seen. I think given his skill-set the first is too early for an non-Cover 2 team.

Honestly, I think you guys are in a tough spot with your pick, because you have very few needs, and the slight needs you do have would all be reaches most likely. My choice was easy: Mendenhall if he's available, OT if he's not. Good luck...

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 632.00
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
S: Kenny Phillips (its possible, but I think we should give our young guys another year to grow into these positions)

I say if Cason makes it to us we go that direction...I didn't think he'd slide as far as he has. Personally I think CB is the BIGGEST need by far on this team as we are one injury from being in a LOT of trouble. The dropoff from 1/2 to number 3 is so huge it could collapse our entire D. We NEED someone who can step in and play the #3 spot and fill in for those two if something happens.

Agreed, if Cason is there he will be picked then. If not then reconvene in here.

He'll be there. But IMO he's not worth picking in the first round. Probably none of the OTs are who are left either.

You're in a tough spot. You could reach for Cason, but he's a Cover 2 DB, and doesn't really fit the scheme. It'd be a big reach for a guy that doesn't fit.

They could reach for a backup QB if they're high on anyone, but I don't think you're getting value there either.

I think since they don't have many needs, GB might just go best player available, which would be Calais Campbell, Philip Merling, or DeSean Jackson.

Just my $.02.

He seems to be the best fit for a Cover 2, IMO, and based on the scouting work I've seen. I think given his skill-set the first is too early for an non-Cover 2 team.

Honestly, I think you guys are in a tough spot with your pick, because you have very few needs, and the slight needs you do have would all be reaches most likely. My choice was easy: Mendenhall if he's available, OT if he's not. Good luck...

Really, everything I've seen, read, heard says he can excell on an island, especially in the blitz heavy D he played on. He could be a great bump and run/press corner which is what the Packers use a lot. I don't know, I really like the kid and if Trevorr doesn't speak up...

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,191.88
So its on us, huh??
Great White Shark
yuppers, any thought. I'm thinking Cason, possibly a FS, maybe the next best tackle/guard.

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,191.88
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:

Just my $.02.

Really, everything I've seen, read, heard says he can excell on an island, especially in the blitz heavy D he played on. He could be a great bump and run/press corner which is what the Packers use a lot. I don't know, I really like the kid and if Trevorr doesn't speak up...

I say lets go with Cason. I've heard really good things about him and really I don't know what other logical direction to go. I'd really like to bring in someone that can make an impact on the team and help take them over the hump. Even if his best is taking over that CB3 spot for now I think that is a win in the short term! Go with Cason!
Great White Shark
trevorr77 wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
powerhousebum wrote:

Just my $.02.

I say lets go with Cason. I've heard really good things about him and really I don't know what other logical direction to go. I'd really like to bring in someone that can make an impact on the team and help take them over the hump. Even if his best is taking over that CB3 spot for now I think that is a win in the short term! Go with Cason!

alright, I already have on written up for him, will be posted shortly.

Great White Shark
bump for draft on monday...