QB: Schaub, Favre, Cutler
RB: Turner, Gore, Cadillac, Sproles
WR: Wayne, Ward, D. Jackson, Edwards
TE: Winslow, Cooley
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos, Bills
Great White Shark
Sand$: 34,698.16
Please let it be the vikings. Although that is a pipe dream.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 541.00
KIAball1996 wrote:Please let it be the vikings. Although that is a pipe dream.

I hope you're right. That first game on Monday Night would be full of irony.

One-Man Wolfpack (4-2)
QB: Schaub, Favre, Cutler
RB: Turner, Gore, Cadillac, Sproles
WR: Wayne, Ward, D. Jackson, Edwards
TE: Winslow, Cooley
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos, Bills
Great White Shark
With that defense, running game and a great QB, the vikings would be really tough.

I think Favre will do the decent thing and accept a release with the NFC north restricted.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,863.42
A) I don't know if this is 100% confirmed yet.

B) The Packers don't have to grant his release.

He's been a real d!ck about this whole thing. Waffling every year about if he wants to come back... cutting it close to the draft while doing so. Now he retires and requests release?

There is obviously some bad blood between management and Favre... but he definitely is not and has not handled this well for years.

Great White Shark
Yea, he has been a bit of an azz about his retirement status for the past several years. It is annoying.

It makes me happy because that gives me one more viable QB option out there in fantasy football, which makes me feel much better about stalling on selecting a qb in the draft.
Last edited by KIAball1996 on Fri 07.11.2008, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,675.86
Deckard wrote:A) I don't know if this is 100% confirmed yet.

He's been a real d!ck about this whole thing. Waffling every year about if he wants to come back... cutting it close to the draft while doing so. Now he retires and requests release?

There is obviously some bad blood between management and Favre... but he definitely is not and has not handled this well for years.

That all said, Packers are better this season with him than w/o. So bad blood aside, it makes sense on the field and ofcourse off to keep him somehow
Megalodon
Sand$: 13,310.48
So what are the salary and cap scenarios that will happen if Favre does come back? Anyone have a link that explains this?
Great White Shark
Aaron Rogers is doomed to fail.

If Favre comes back with another team, Rogers will feel even more pressure. That guy could not have landed in a worse situation after college.
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,848.02
Dang it...I was just getting used to not seeing him in a Falcons' uniform...now he's changing AGAIN... :roll:

gridguru wrote:Favorite: LVSharks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,658.50
Man, I don't know what to think here. I'm pretty sure Favre could burn down my house and I'd find a way to justify it. I guess here are my thoughts from the heart of Packerland:

1. I think it's reasonable to assume that Favre never really wanted to retire, but the Packers didn't want him back.
2. He decided he wasn't ready to give up the game so he wants to come back. This, to me, seems to be well within his rights. If the Packers didn't want him he shouldn't be blacklisted from playing elsewhere.
3. Favre contacted the Packers about coming back a month ago.
4. In the past month, the Packers have been outright lying to both the media and the fans.
5. As a result, I think you could actually argue that Favre keeping things under the radar and not engaging in argument through the media was the classy move.
6. After all of this, if Aaron Rodgers sucks, Packer fans will consider him some sort of combination of Bill Buckner, Steve Bartman, and Ryan Leaf.
7. Move over, Jerry Krause. Barring a Super Bowl championship in the next three years, Ted Thompson will be the most hated GM in sports history.
8. I'm going to go throw myself on a fire.

Derek4twenty wrote: don't BBq me or anything
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,848.02
Stigmo wrote:Man, I don't know what to think here. I'm pretty sure Favre could burn down my house and I'd find a way to justify it. I guess here are my thoughts from the heart of Packerland:

1. I think it's reasonable to assume that Favre never really wanted to retire, but the Packers didn't want him back.
2. He decided he wasn't ready to give up the game so he wants to come back. This, to me, seems to be well within his rights. If the Packers didn't want him he shouldn't be blacklisted from playing elsewhere.
3. Favre contacted the Packers about coming back a month ago.
4. In the past month, the Packers have been outright lying to both the media and the fans.
5. As a result, I think you could actually argue that Favre keeping things under the radar and not engaging in argument through the media was the classy move.
6. After all of this, if Aaron Rodgers sucks, Packer fans will consider him some sort of combination of Bill Buckner, Steve Bartman, and Ryan Leaf.
7. Move over, Jerry Krause. Barring a Super Bowl championship in the next three years, Ted Thompson will be the most hated GM in sports history.
8. I'm going to go throw myself on a fire.

9. There's always the Badgers...oh wait...never mind...LIGHT THE FIRE! :wink:

gridguru wrote:Favorite: LVSharks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 632.00
Deckard wrote:A) I don't know if this is 100% confirmed yet.

x2

I can understand wavering on retirement or not. I can't understand how it got so bad between Favre and management.

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,367.80
At the end of the day, he's still fun to watch and better than more than half the QBs in the league. As a fan, why wouldn't I want him back? I just wish the whole thing was over with because it is annoying for it to overshadow the entire coming season.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 632.00
Mister Destructo wrote:So what are the salary and cap scenarios that will happen if Favre does come back? Anyone have a link that explains this?

The packers currently have about 32 million in cap space I believe, second in the league behind the Chiefs. If Favre plays in GB with his current contract, he'll count a little over 12 million towards the cap.

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.