User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4151
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003
Sand$: 7,863.42
jetsman2806 wrote:I now see what the packers have been going through.


So here is what happens if Favre gets traded to the Jets (or any team).

Favre comes back and plays... does well/doesn't do well, whatever.

Offseason - he hems and haws about weather or not he's coming back. He's already made it clear he doesn't like to get pressured before the draft.

Rinse. Repeat... for as long as Favre wants to screw around with your team.

In the meantime he's affected your teams draft picks and future.

It isn't going to be any different for your team if Favre is playing for you. It has been happening for years in Green Bay... but now everyone just sees what we've been dealing with.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46389
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,041.82
BigShiddy wrote:I think the packers organization wants to have their cake and eat it too.... I say feed them some pot brownies and tell them to take a chill while the GOAT comes in and kicks some more butt.


You been sampling those brownies?

Favre's not even Top 5 QB since 1990.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4151
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003
Sand$: 7,863.42
pwbowen wrote:You been sampling those brownies?

Favre's not even Top 5 QB since 1990.


GOAT = Greatest of All Time

Clearly Favre belongs in any discussion on the best quarterbacks of all time.

And you may recall the 2007 season where he was a major component in leading his team to the NFC Championship game.*

*(he was a major component in losing it too... but that is beside the point)
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46389
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,041.82
Deckard wrote:
pwbowen wrote:You been sampling those brownies?

Favre's not even Top 5 QB since 1990.


GOAT = Greatest of All Time

Clearly Favre belongs in any discussion on the best quarterbacks of all time.

And you may recall the 2007 season where he was a major component in leading his team to the NFC Championship game.*

*(he was a major component in losing it too... but that is beside the point)


No, he's the greatest Cheesehead of all-time, not QB.

Modern era QB's above him:
Montana
Marino
Young
Elway

and I expect Manning and Brady to have greater careers when said and done.

I'd take him over Aikman

And we're not discussing Staubach, Bradshaw, Stabler, Unitas, Starr or the guys from the 50's and 60's.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4151
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003
Sand$: 7,863.42
pwbowen wrote:random bs


You're either delusional or a hater if you don't think Favre belongs in that discussion.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46389
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,041.82
Deckard wrote:
pwbowen wrote:random bs


You're either delusional or a hater if you don't think Favre belongs in that discussion.


Discuss all you want, that's just my opinion. I'm annoyed by the diva-esque nature of Favre, other than that I don't care.

Outside of Cheeseland, I'd wager that he's not in the Top 5 of All-time QB's.

If you want to tell me who the top 5 or so are, please do.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1059
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004
Sand$: 2,556.00
pwbowen wrote:
BigShiddy wrote:I think the packers organization wants to have their cake and eat it too.... I say feed them some pot brownies and tell them to take a chill while the GOAT comes in and kicks some more butt.


You been sampling those brownies?

Favre's not even Top 5 QB since 1990.

Maybe he just wasn't on a top 5 team.... The guys iron man streak is on the line and people keep f'n with him. Have you ever had a new boss that you just can't stand and you will never see eye to eye wiith?(Thompson) It's his job to win games and entertain. It's THOMPSONS job to put the people on the field to do that. Clearly he hasn't. He got rid of the tight end Franks(no replacement)QB Favre (no veteran leadership) RB Grant (has no contract and Jackson is a big ?) O-line (WHALE no replacement) and the list goes on.... might i mention that they have had boat loads of money to spend (under cap)and they don't. Who actually saves on that if it's publicly owned... I think if they do an investigation they would find that the Packers have advisors who pocket the money... well if so thats a whole nother can of worms... Too bad the NFL doesn't offer coupons and rebates, we'd have a wal-Mart team... Keep up the good work Thompson.... Shop Thompson-mart...where you can F the hard worker so the rich prudes stay happy. :? :? :? :?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46389
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,041.82
BigShiddy wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
BigShiddy wrote:I think the packers organization wants to have their cake and eat it too.... I say feed them some pot brownies and tell them to take a chill while the GOAT comes in and kicks some more butt.


You been sampling those brownies?

Favre's not even Top 5 QB since 1990.

Maybe he just wasn't on a top 5 team.... The guys iron man streak is on the line and people keep f'n with him. Have you ever had a new boss that you just can't stand and you will never see eye to eye wiith?(Thompson) It's his job to win games and entertain. It's THOMPSONS job to put the people on the field to do that. Clearly he hasn't. He got rid of the tight end Franks(no replacement)QB Favre (no veteran leadership) RB Grant (has no contract and Jackson is a big ?) O-line (WHALE no replacement) and the list goes on.... might i mention that they have had boat loads of money to spend (under cap)and they don't. Who actually saves on that if it's publicly owned... I think if they do an investigation they would find that the Packers have advisors who pocket the money... well if so thats a whole nother can of worms... Too bad the NFL doesn't offer coupons and rebates, we'd have a wal-Mart team... Keep up the good work Thompson.... Shop Thompson-mart...where you can F the hard worker so the rich prudes stay happy. :? :? :? :?


Bubba Franks? He's been a has-been for years. Donald Lee is a MUCH better TE and should be Top 10 this year.

Did you mean Wahl? We had him here in Carolina for a while. A good player, but not worth the money that his name and years of experience seem to command. He was cut here and has landed in Seattle.

At RB I still expect Grant to be given a nice incentive-laden deal that protects both sides and Jackson was pretty highly rated last year. Can't remember the other RB besides Morency that played some last year (kid from Florida?).

Overall, I'd give Thompson high marks for building that team. The only concern I have looking at the Packers roster is CB, they've gotten some age there.

The saga does seemed to have turned personal, but Favre's whining over roster moves was a joke. IMO he's held this team hostage every off-season for about the last 3 or 4 years.

If he takes the money grab and disappears, what does that say about the "I just want to play football" statement that he made? It's not like he's destitute, but I think he wants to stick it to Thompson for not listening to him.

Packers haven't handled it well either IMO, as they come across pretty heavy-handed and stubborn to pass up their best opportunity to win THIS year.

I see two 6 year olds arguing over a toy when I look towards Green Bay.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4965
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006
Sand$: 4,355.56
So at this point is the consensus that Favre forces the Packers hand and forces them to start, trade, or release him or is he gonna take the 10 yr/20 million dollar bribe and disappear into the sunset like ESPN claims he is seriously considering? I personally would be absolutely shocked if a guy who obviously wants to play allowed himself to be bribed for money he doesn't need. Thoughts?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27449
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003
Sand$: 121,212.00
runvus17 wrote:So at this point is the consensus that Favre forces the Packers hand and forces them to start, trade, or release him or is he gonna take the 10 yr/20 million dollar bribe and disappear into the sunset like ESPN claims he is seriously considering? I personally would be absolutely shocked if a guy who obviously wants to play allowed himself to be bribed for money he doesn't need. Thoughts?

Yeah, I don't buy the bribe thing either. The whole point of the franchise playing ball with Favre is to get something for nothing. I still think I've got a shot with my original prediction:

1. Seeks and is denied Cheesetown Icon super-special conditional reinstatement. -- I think we can call this one done.
2. Seeks and is granted reinstatement.
3. Packers negotiate a trade Favre openly supports
4. Favre decides he doesn't like the new team after all, and retires again
5. Everyone wearing a Favre jersey on opening day will be wearing a Ryan Grant jersey by the end of the season

But I have an alternate ending based on recent events:
2. Seeks reinstatement, which is somehow pocket vetoed, e.g. it's approved 10 days before the opener, when he's of no use to anyone.
3. Packers gently blame Goodell in the press, even though they probably asked for it.
4. Favre decides he doesn't like the NFL after all, and disavows all involvement with the NFL forever.
5. Everyone wearing a Favre jersey on opening day will be wearing a Ryan Grant jersey by the end of the season
6. The Packers GM is fired for this Favre nonsense and for his poor judgement in assessing the value of Ryan Grant, who didn't join practice until between the 2nd and 3rd preseason games, but nonetheless carried the team to a respectable just above .500 season.
7. We do this again next year.
_______________________________________

Patiently awaiting Carrmageddon.

Links: nfl, fantasy football, and fantasy football myths
Megalodon
Posts: 21651
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003
Sand$: 4,621.68
Being reported on NFLN that Brett Favre is planning on staying retired as being reported by Adam Schefter.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809b057c
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6977
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007
Sand$: 21,085.20
espn.com is reporting that favre is to be reinstated on monday and the packers will have 24 hours to make a decision.

link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3516300
_______________________________________

2013 Monday Night Rehab Keeper Champ
2013 TPHCC Dynasty Champ
2014 BMMD Dynasty Champ
2014 NFL Challenge Champ
2015 The Wall Northern Conference League Champ
2015 Empire of Excellence Champ
2015 Last Call Playoff Champ
2016 Sorthebys Big Play Champ
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4965
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006
Sand$: 4,355.56
all these reporters that are just coming up with b.s. just to see what will stick to the wall. Favre is coming back, Favre's not coming back. Favre wants to play this year, Favre doesnt want to play. Favre is gonna take the $20 mil, Favre isn't taking the 20 mil. wth? Wait til we kn ow for sure before you just start spreading rumors that some bum sitting outside Lambeau heard someone tell someone else blah blah blah
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007
Sand$: 2,860.46
Seriously, even Brett doesn't know. What he wants today is something different than yesterday and waaaayyyy different than what he will want tomorrow.

Take the payoff and retire with dignity, if that is even possible at this point.
_______________________________________

(0-0)
WCSM "Big Money" League Champ 2000, 2002, 2005, 2010, 2017
QB-Jackson, Ryan
RB-Kamara, Michel, White, Mack
WR-Hill, Julian, Fuller, Humphries
TE-Cook, Hockenson
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27449
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003
Sand$: 121,212.00
Old news, so I'm reducing the Favre content in Main. :)
_______________________________________

Patiently awaiting Carrmageddon.

Links: nfl, fantasy football, and fantasy football myths