Brett Favre to Tampa?

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4391
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007
Sand$: 3,182.20
Just saw on ESPN that Favre is likely to be traded to the Bucs within 24 hours, it is not official yet and is still speculation.

What are his prospects under Gruden, what's this say about Garcia's injury, and how many QB's does Gruden really need?

If this has already been posted I apologize, please move it if so!
_______________________________________

Image
Praying for Ella Wirth!
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jul 7, 2008
Sand$: 1,291.18
If this does occur, which Tampa WR gains value? Clayton? Bryant? Stovall? Hilliard? Assuming, of course, Galloway is the No.1
Great White Shark
Posts: 7703
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 45,954.12
antonio bryant would go to sleeper pick imo
galloway moves up a rd
SandShark
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 7, 2003
Sand$: 241.00
Will they still go west coast offense or are they going to have to redo the entire offensive playbook to something favre is familiar with? That will have an effect on everyone if they have to change the whole playbook at this stage as they learn the new system, but the question is what system would they go to and will it lower/raise RB value, WR value, TE value?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21579
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 44,183.50
KWHIT97 wrote:Just saw on ESPN that Favre is likely to be traded to the Bucs within 24 hours, it is not official yet and is still speculation.

What are his prospects under Gruden, what's this say about Garcia's injury, and how many QB's does Gruden really need?

If this has already been posted I apologize, please move it if so!


Questions answered in order:

Not enough time to learn the offense I suspect, so not as good as last year for sure... not to mention Tampa doesnt have nearly the WR corp GB does.

That it is worse than suspected... or he is being run out of town after taking a team to the playoffs... again.

193
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,512.00
ugh.

we don't need no more stinking favre threads.

Image
_______________________________________

Image
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33838
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 2,505.78
KWHIT97 wrote:Just saw on ESPN


They changed the name. Now it's FSPN.
_______________________________________

What about beans?
Megalodon
Posts: 24935
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,553.48
Doesn't Tampa play the Gravity Bong's this year?

I also heard this morning from an insider the Jets have a better offer on the table than the Bucs currently do.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6946
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,687.46
If Favre goes to Tampa I really like their rookie Dexter Jackson. I played high school ball with him and he really reminds me of Greg Jennings.

What about Garcia to Minnesota if this goes thru?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3170
Joined: Wed Nov 9, 2005
Sand$: 3,623.40
TB is the only place he could go where all the starting receivers are as old as him.

Just reinforcing the Florida = God's waiting room stereotype.

Seriously though, I figure he won't have any kind of rhythm with the team, he'll struggle with the system, and turn into 2006 Bret Favre (18 TD's, 18 ints) or god help us 2005 Bret Favre (20 TD's 29 ints).
_______________________________________

If not this year .....
Megalodon
Posts: 24935
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,553.48
jdferguson07 wrote:If Favre goes to Tampa I really like their rookie Dexter Jackson. I played high school ball with him and he really reminds me of Greg Jennings.

What about Garcia to Minnesota if this goes thru?


Garcia to Minnesota would be interesting, or maybe even Favre to Minnesota now that would be hilarious. A slap in the Packers faces.

That was the first name mentioned on the local radio this morning if Favre goes to Tampa: DEXTER JACKSON!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4571
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005
Sand$: 43,685.26
I would think Earnest Graham would love to have Favre..
_______________________________________

-Nic

twitter @nicdolas
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007
Sand$: 4,560.38
I would say Graham gets an automatic bump up.. defenses wouldnt know how to play against that offense.

If favre goes to the jets, iam picking Jones in my top 5
_______________________________________

QB: TANNENHILL
RB: LYNCH, J STEW, BOLDEN,SHOELACE, DUKE JOHNSON
WR: ALSHON JEFFERY, AJ GREEN, LANDRY,HARRIS, ALLEN ROBINSON
TE: EIFERT,WATSON( 2 TE league )
PK: GANO
D: CAR
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34582
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 42,385.30
Do you really think Favre is going to learn the leagues most insane playbook in two weeks?

This will be a disaster for Tampa Bay. Garcia isn't prolific, but he's efficient and keeps the INTs way down. If they try to gun it out with Favre around, they can kiss the playoffs good bye.
_______________________________________

Manners Maketh Man.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6946
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,687.46
FantasyHussy wrote:Do you really think Favre is going to learn the leagues most insane playbook in two weeks?

This will be a disaster for Tampa Bay. Garcia isn't prolific, but he's efficient and keeps the INTs way down. If they try to gun it out with Favre around, they can kiss the playoffs good bye.


You really think the Buccaneers are a better team with Garcia under center? That is one of the most ridiculous things I have read in here in a LONG time. Favre instantly makes the Bucs a contender for the Super Bowl in my opinion.