Brett Favre to Tampa?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,385.30
jdferguson07 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
Stray wrote:Gruden's offense relies on short dump offs and quick precise passes - not the glorious longball that Brett loves.

From what I remember about last year, I saw tons of short dump offs and slants in Green Bay. The success of the passing game hinged on receivers getting open quickly and then making something happen after the catch.

Why is everyone getting hung up on Favre "loving" the deep ball?

Green Bay's offense is far more wide open than Tampa Bay's. Jennings, Driver, Martin, and Jones are all speedy, big play guys. Outside of Galloway, nobody can run 10 yards on Tampa Bay without panting a little bit.

Dexter Jackson would smoke any one of the guys you just named in a 40 yard dash.. So what are you talking about?
Football's played by comparing 40 yard dashes now?

*moves Chris Johnson above LT*

The only reason i said anything about Dexter is because your boy said that no Buccaneer can run 10 yards without panting which is ridiculously dumb

Technically, saying any WR can't run 10 yards without panting is ridiculously dumb, hence the humor in my post. But since you've already proven to be one of the creepiest(don't PM stalk me, please), juvenile members in the past - I wont bother trying to hammer the point home with you anymore.

Manners Maketh Man.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,260.68
This has mistake written all over it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,367.80
cclouis wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
cclouis wrote:I'm gaonna be original and give another spin on how Bret could ultimately fail in Tampa. Given the well documented complexity of Chuckie's offense, and the less documented but widely believed opinion that Favre isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, and you have a recipe for a slow inconsistent start that can balloon into a bad locker room and a sub-500 record.

The thing I question is his dedication. If he can't play for Green Bay or Minnesota, then he is going to find himself in a situation he does not consider ideal. His desire to play is already in question because of the whole episode with him saying "I don't have the desire anymore" 6 months ago. Would playing on a team he doesn't want to play for motivate him to put in the long hours to learn that complex offense and get the timing and chemistry with those vastly inferior receivers down? My money is on him half-assing it through the season and being average at best.

He's still on the fence about his desire to play. He wants the spotlight and the fame and the glory and all the fun stuff, but he doesn't want to work out in the gym or study film or sharpen his understanding of a complicated offense.

This is all a big pecker measuring contest with Ted Thompson anymore. Tampa needs a system QB, not a reckless relic from a byegone era on the wrong side of the career curve.

Brett Favre has never been that guy.

In response to your post this is who Tampa gets the first 4 games of the year. @NO, @ ATL, @ CHI, vs GB. Rusty or not I think Tampa is more than capable of winning their first 3 games with or without Favre. The 4th one would be fun.

Uhhh. Until this year. When he stepped off that plane and started waving to the crowd like Queen Victoria I lost all doubt.

Media whore.

And if he didn't wave to his fans that were waiting for him you'd call him a stuck up jerk. He can't win either way.
Megalodon
Sand$: 5,512.00
funny that the biggest lord favre apologists in this thread are falcon fans which is exactly where i think would be the perfect story book ending to this, what has turned into a, very annoying fairy tale.

i am not scared at all by the idea of him coming to the NFC south and, in fact welcome lord favre to the conference. at least we'd be getting some attention and we might actually get someone in the pro-bowl. i'm sure that favre would get the most votes of anyone in that stupid popularity contest.

i do think that coming to the nfc south would be a death wish for him, though. he'd have to face the panthers defense twice a year and they have a habit of ending or nearly ending one players career a year. (caddy last year, chrissy simms the year before that, culpeppers the year before that, and i think there ewas some kid in green bay the year before that who got paralyzed. him being in tampa would kind of increase his chances even more since the last two have been from there.

anyway....this is getting boring.

Megalodon
Sand$: 12,553.48
People are mad at Favre because of the media. They are the one's covering it like it is the end of the world. If Favre takes a dump we know about it. Just don't get why some people hold Brett hostage for that. Blame the media don't blame Iron Man Dos.
Megalodon
i'm annoyed about the whole bret favre thing because of favre.

few of us saw this coming a long time ago. when a guy holds a franchise hostage for so long it's only going to be a matter of time before he has a revolution on his hands.

he has been jerking green bay around for several years teasing them with retirement when it is painfully obvious they want to get started on the new era....why i don't know because it was going to be led by aaron "clipboard" rodgers.

whatever....it was funny to watch for a little while, kind of like watching a couple 95 year old men fight but there is only so much you can take watching the old geezers try and gum each other to death.

time to move on.

Megalodon
Sand$: 12,553.48
raynman wrote:i'm annoyed about the whole bret favre thing because of favre.

few of us saw this coming a long time ago. when a guy holds a franchise hostage for so long it's only going to be a matter of time before he has a revolution on his hands.

he has been jerking green bay around for several years teasing them with retirement when it is painfully obvious they want to get started on the new era....why i don't know because it was going to be led by aaron "clipboard" rodgers.

whatever....it was funny to watch for a little while, kind of like watching a couple 95 year old men fight but there is only so much you can take watching the old geezers try and gum each other to death.

time to move on.

I'll agree with that, but GB has said this 1,000,000 times. If they were truly ready to move on you trade him, cut him, and move on. They are just as much to blame for this whole mess as Favre is.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 60,927.30
Some serious manlove and hate in here for Favre. I think he only slightly improves the Tampa Bay offense and unfortunately puts too much media attention on himself hurting the team overall. I expect moderate production from him with a boost in fantasy value to Galloway who will see more of those long balls come his way.

Galloway might be the best WR3 bet this year. 1100 yards and 8 tds IMO with Favre at the helm

The views expressed by xX-MaNx do not represent that of himself or his subsidiaries.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.00
The only thing I have learned from this thread is that it is possible that Brett Favre eats kittens.

2010& 2012 Deep Emerald Dynasty Champion
Megalodon
this should probably be posted about every 5 pages in every farve (it's time we start spelling this name the way it's stinking pronounced) thread.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,735.44
I don't get why that picture is posted in every Favre thread. Does Favre have bionic nipples?
Megalodon
Smashraj84 wrote:I don't get why that picture is posted in every Favre thread. Does Favre have bionic nipples?
it's my protest against the spread of farve threads. it's an epidemic. you can thank me later. or now. either way.

Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
raynman wrote:
Smashraj84 wrote:I don't get why that picture is posted in every Favre thread. Does Favre have bionic nipples?
it's my protest against the spread of farve threads. it's an epidemic. you can thank me later. or now. either way.

Do you want your 'thank you' in the form of money order or check? :lol:

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks