Tramon Williams signs extension

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,214.06
Say what you will about TT, I think he knows what he's doing. From Rotoworld:

Packers signed RCB Tramon Williams to a four-year, $33.074 million extension, including a $6 million signing bonus.

The deal includes $11.074 million in guarantees, with an increase in 2010 base salary as well. After playing out this season on a $3.043 million tender, Williams will earn $8.25 million on average through 2014. Williams was set to break the bank on the free agent market, so the Packers did well to lock him up. Outside of the Chiefs' Brandon Flowers, there hasn't been a better cover corner in the league this year. Nov. 30 - 4:43 pm et
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Great move. The future is bright for Packer fans, for a lot of reasons.

I knew it was bad but didn't realize until I read it recently. GB has 13 players on IR this season, and not just bit players but some really key guys. Grant, Finley, Barnett, etc. How many other teams could withstand that and still contend for the playoffs?
Great White Shark
From Rotoworld:

Packers CB Tramon Williams has been added to the NFC's Pro Bowl roster, replacing Asante Samuel (knee).

Samuel may need his knee scoped after the injury nagged him throughout the season's second half. The bigger story is Williams, who was initially snubbed despite a play-making, shutdown-caliber season opposite Charles Woodson. His playoff numbers aside, Williams picked off six regular season passes, recovered two fumbles, forced another, and led the Packers with 20 pass breakups as the top cover corner for the NFL's No. 5 pass defense. Jan. 20 - 6:31 pm et

=D>
Great White Shark
From Rotoworld:
Packers scout Alonzo Highsmith has been named NFL Scout of the Year for 2010.

As Evan Silva of Rotoworld and Profootballtalk points out, Highsmith is the scout who recommended Pro Bowl CB Tramon Williams to the Packers after the Texans cut him back in 2006. Williams has been a difference maker in Green Bay whereas none of the cornerbacks kept over him in 2006 remain with the Texans.
Source: San Antonio Express-News

:thumbright: