Rodgers on Favre

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,214.06
http://jimrome.com/2013/05/22/aaron-rodgers/

Love this guy. What a great person to have represent your team. If you haven't seen the clip of them at the NFL awards show, google it. It's awkward but classic.

And I agree completely. Favre is one of the great players not only in Packer history but the NFL in general. Time for him to make a " comeback" once again. Back to Green Bay where he belongs.

Packer quarterback Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday he would be "excited" to see Brett Favre's number retired in Green Bay before Favre is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, NFL.com reports.

Rodgers made the remarks to the "The Jim Rome Show."

"It's been too long. I think our country and the state of Wisconsin, these people are people of second, third and fourth chances, and I think it's time to let the healing process begin for those who are still upset about what went down.

"I was totally OK with being out front of that, and I'm very secure of the things I've been able to accomplish with the team and individually here in Green Bay, and excited about the chance to see him again and get his number retired here before he goes into Canton," Rodgers said.

In February, Rodgers and Favre appeared together at the NFL Honors ceremony during Super Bowl week — a move widely seen as a step toward unifying them in the Packers fold.

Favre's messy split with the Packers began with his tearful retirement announcement in 2008.

Favre later tried to rejoin the team but the Packers stood firm that they had commited to Rodgers. Favre eventually was traded to the New York Jets. He retired again, unretired again and joined the Minnesota Vikings, where he completed his revenge against his former team, leading the Vikings to two victories over Green Bay in the 2009 season.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,214.06
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... s/2402285/

Retired quarterback Brett Favre is taking some of the blame for his ugly departure from the Green Bay Packers.

Favre told WGR 550-AM in Buffalo on Thursday that he was "at fault" in the breakup, though he says he feels like "both sides had a part in it."

Favre also says he has patched things up with Aaron Rodgers. After Rodgers arrived in Green Bay, Favre flirted every offseason with retirement but always came back. In 2008, Favre retired, changed his mind and asked for his job back but was traded to the New York Jets during training camp.

Favre retired from the Jets in 2009 before deciding on a return with the Minnesota Vikings. The three-time MVP retired from the NFL in 2010 after playing 20 seasons.

Rodgers would like to see Favre and the Packers organization back on good terms.

Rodgers said this week he has been texting with Favre since the two appeared at the NFL Honors show at the Super Bowl in February.

I'm not sure about this, but I am sure of one thing. Favre wanted to keep playing and could still do so at a high level...Rodgers needed his opportunity and that had to be the time.

To me it was nobody's fault, just a bad situation that ended ugly. Me? I'll welcome him back with open arms and zero hard feelings.