Packers sign RB Eddie Lacy

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,217.50
Packers signed No. 61 overall pick RB Eddie Lacy to a four-year contract.

Lacy, widely believed to be the top-overall running back in the run-up to the draft, fell to the Packers in the second round due to concerns over surgery to correct a toe injury. Although there are differing opinions on the status of his health and long-term outlook, the Packers were comfortable enough to draft him. GM Ted Thompson has already said the team views Lacy as an every-down back. He'll likely serve as the early-down thunder to Johnathan Franklin or DuJuan Harris' passing-down lightning as a rookie.
May 29 - 4:42 PM

I'm trying to temper expectations, hey alex green was a 3rd round draft pick and turned out to be a disappointment, but I can't help but feel GB has finally solved the problem at RB.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 960.04
Think either of those rookies have value fantasy wise? Kinda looks like a big ole nasty committee with a lot of 500-700yds, 3 td guys....
Great White Shark
GeekShark wrote:Think either of those rookies have value fantasy wise? Kinda looks like a big ole nasty committee with a lot of 500-700yds, 3 td guys....

If I was going to try one, it would be Lacy. He'll probably get the goal line touches.

But at this point who knows?
Great White Shark
Alex Green started and finished OTAs as the Packers' No. 1 running back.

May and June depth-chart decisions are often made on experience. While we wouldn't completely give up hope of Green developing into a plus NFL contributor, there's little doubt he's a long shot to open the season as Green Bay's starter. Green remains in the mix of a five-way competition that also includes Eddie Lacy, DuJuan Harris, Johnathan Franklin, and James Starks.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Jun 15 - 6:59 PM
Great White Shark
Speaking at the Packers' annual charity softball game Sunday, DuJuan Harris (lung cyst) confirmed he'll be ready for the start of training camp.

Harris missed minicamp after a cyst was found on his lung during his pre-camp physical. He promised to be "110 percent" soon, and it sounds like he will be. Harris participated fully in the softball game, swinging a bat and playing in the field. He's a candidate for change-of-pace carries behind Eddie Lacy.
Source: Ty Dunne on Twitter Jun 16 - 4:48 PM
Great White Shark
One NFL personnel boss believes the Packers may shop Alex Green toward the end of training camp.

They won't be able to expect much for the 2011 third-round pick, who through two NFL seasons has suffered a torn ACL and averaged a paltry 3.44 yards per carry. GM Ted Thompson would have to be willing to accept a late-round pick for Green. "They have trade material," said the personnel chief. "Green, not (James) Starks." Starks is more likely to be released outright.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Jul 20 - 11:02 PM

The more I see of the situation, I think it's Lacy's job and he's going to be a steal in drafts...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 632.00
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the Packers running game this year, but I'm worried. There are just to many ifs. If the change to the offensive line works. If a RB emerges from the rookies and veterans. If Green Bay's D doesn't force the offense to pass all the time. Luckily we have Aaron Rodgers so all that might not matter.

tjusmc wrote:ehh. I just drop a bunch in, drink the milk, then pour the soggy goodness down my gullet.
Great White Shark
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Eddie Lacy was the "standout" player at Saturday night's intrasquad scrimmage.

This is the same player who was deemed "fat" and "out of shape" by Twitter earlier in the week. Running backs coach Alex Van Pelt praised Lacy's conditioning following the scrimmage by saying, "I think it's just him." James Starks got the start in the scrimmage, Lacy was next, Johnathan Franklin was third, and Alex Green was fourth. Lacy racked up 65 yards on eight carries and played a team-high 17 snaps, one ahead of Starks and two more than Franklin. The Packers kick off their preseason schedule Friday night against the Cardinals, and the backfield rotation will be something to watch closely.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Aug 4 - 11:00 AM
Great White Shark
Packers GM Ted Thompson insisted fourth-round RB Johnathan Franklin's rookie year wasn't "a disappointment at all."

Franklin was placed on I.R. with a concussion on November 27 after managing just 19 carries in his first NFL season. The Packers aren't giving up on him. "He was doing a good job," insisted Thompson. "Everything as advertised. He's got a nice game. He's very balanced, quick, heady and confident." Franklin maintains plenty of Dynasty league appeal behind Eddie Lacy.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Jan 4 - 10:03 AM

I'll predict it right now. GB's 2014 running game is going to outproduce everybody. And this guy will be a huge reason why.

The Packers will be the #1 rushing team next year.

p.s. My birthday
Great White Shark
Associated Press named Eddie Lacy its 2013 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Lacy earned the honor after putting Green Bay's offense on his back for long stretches in the absence of Aaron Rodgers, who missed seven 2013 games. The fact Lacy won the award by a whopping 35-12 voting margin over Keenan Allen still makes little sense. Allen had one of the finest rookie wide receiver seasons in league history, and the vote should've been closer. With that said, the AP got this one right. EddieTooFat was an absolute monster in '13.
Feb 1 - 6:28 PM

Outstanding job! =D>
Chum
Sand$: 9.10

QB: Cutler
RB: DeMarco Murray, Ingram, L. Miller
WR: K Allen, J. Matthews, K. Stills, K. Benjamin, J. Landry, H. Douglass
TE: Gronkowski
K: Tucker
Def: Rams