User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24684
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 64,340.74
OarChambo wrote:Rex Ryan failed in New York so let's try him out in Buffalo.
Mike Tannenbaum failed in New York so let's try him out in Miami.
Adam Gase failed in Miami so let's try him out in New York.

And round and round we go



It is very scary to see that written out.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24684
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 64,340.74
Jcb890 wrote:Pretty much what they said.
The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have all been run horribly, which is why they are bad and one of the reasons nobody wants to go to those teams. It isn't like players are taking less money to play for the Patriots vs. going to play for the Bills, Jets or Dolphins - look at Cole Beasley this past off-season.



I wasn't speculating that players would take less money to play for the Patriots than the other AFC East teams, I was speculating that players would take the same money to play for an average team in a different division over an AFC East team (e.g., Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, etc.).

I want to dig a little deeper, what are some of the strongest franchises since 2000?

Example: I think the Colts with Peyton Manning were a powerhouse, in part due to the AFC South being weak. But I think the AFC South may have been weak in part because the Colts were so dominant.

Other strong franchises: GB, PIT, DEN
At different times, the NFC North, AFC North and AFC West were all considered weak. Was this partially due to those teams being strong? [I realize BAL was also strong, but CLE and CIN have struggled for long periods of time. Again this is mostly due to mismanagement, but do FAs avoid them due to the division?]
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 50752
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,001.89
It’s all about the QB. If you have a great one, free agents and players want to play there. If you don’t, they don’t.

No one worth a damn was signing with the Jets because they had Geno Smith.

I don’t think anyone is deciding between the Bills and Lions and picking the Lions because they are scared to sign with a team that’s in the same division as Brady.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,370.74
Cyguy84 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Pretty much what they said.
The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have all been run horribly, which is why they are bad and one of the reasons nobody wants to go to those teams. It isn't like players are taking less money to play for the Patriots vs. going to play for the Bills, Jets or Dolphins - look at Cole Beasley this past off-season.



I wasn't speculating that players would take less money to play for the Patriots than the other AFC East teams, I was speculating that players would take the same money to play for an average team in a different division over an AFC East team (e.g., Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, etc.).

I want to dig a little deeper, what are some of the strongest franchises since 2000?

Example: I think the Colts with Peyton Manning were a powerhouse, in part due to the AFC South being weak. But I think the AFC South may have been weak in part because the Colts were so dominant.

Other strong franchises: GB, PIT, DEN
At different times, the NFC North, AFC North and AFC West were all considered weak. Was this partially due to those teams being strong? [I realize BAL was also strong, but CLE and CIN have struggled for long periods of time. Again this is mostly due to mismanagement, but do FAs avoid them due to the division?]

endzoneview wrote:It’s all about the QB. If you have a great one, free agents and players want to play there. If you don’t, they don’t.

No one worth a damn was signing with the Jets because they had Geno Smith.

I don’t think anyone is deciding between the Bills and Lions and picking the Lions because they are scared to sign with a team that’s in the same division as Brady.

Agree. I came to post that it's all about the QB when it comes to being good for a long time.
The Colts with Manning were a good team/great team. Without they were utter trash.
GB has had a QB for a long time.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005
Sand$: 28,074.47
rugger48 wrote:https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=80



:lol: :lol: :lol:


The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)
_______________________________________

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26997
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 32,770.40
This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.




The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)



Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005
Sand$: 28,074.47
jesteva wrote:This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.




The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)



Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.



No doubt. We're all spoiled around here. But the pats started it. Sox, Bs, celts just piled on.
_______________________________________

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 26,581.92
I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.
Nothing to do with sports.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,370.74
hawkdogger wrote:I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.
Nothing to do with sports.

While I do not disagree, I think you could say that about any major city/area.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 52,370.74
jesteva wrote:This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.




The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)



Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.

Red Sox fans are FAR WORSE than Patriots fans.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22003
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$: 44,864.64
honingskills wrote:
jesteva wrote:This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.




The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)



Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.



No doubt. We're all spoiled around here. But the pats started it. Sox, Bs, celts just piled on.


que?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24684
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 64,340.74
Jcb890 wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.
Nothing to do with sports.

While I do not disagree, I think you could say that about any major city/area.



Yes and no. I don't see it about Indy fans, but I chalk that up to being a midwest thing. (Exception for Chicago fans in some cases)

BOS, NY, BAL, OAK, CHI... I think they're all full of the same mix of good and bad.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008
Sand$: 2,696.58
Cyguy84 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.
Nothing to do with sports.

While I do not disagree, I think you could say that about any major city/area.



Yes and no. I don't see it about Indy fans, but I chalk that up to being a midwest thing. (Exception for Chicago fans in some cases)

BOS, NY, BAL, OAK, CHI... I think they're all full of the same mix of good and bad.

Indy fans suck. Terrible people. Canals are dirtier than BOS harbor and the drunks still swim in them, sometimes on purpose.
There, scratch that one off your bucket list.
_______________________________________

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Great White Shark
Posts: 3462
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 8,409.62
und2006 wrote:
honingskills wrote:



Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.



No doubt. We're all spoiled around here. But the pats started it. Sox, Bs, celts just piled on.


que?


I think he's talking about the fans not the championships. Though all of those teams have won at least one championship this century.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 50752
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,001.89
I blame Marky Mark, Scott Ross, Hector Barros, Terry Yancey and Anthony Thomas




"what did you do today, dear?"
"I googled the real names of the Funky Bunch to make a post about Boston sports fans on a fantasy football forum"