Megalodon
Sand$: 64,340.74
OarChambo wrote:Rex Ryan failed in New York so let's try him out in Buffalo.
Mike Tannenbaum failed in New York so let's try him out in Miami.
Adam Gase failed in Miami so let's try him out in New York.

And round and round we go

It is very scary to see that written out.
Megalodon
Jcb890 wrote:Pretty much what they said.
The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have all been run horribly, which is why they are bad and one of the reasons nobody wants to go to those teams. It isn't like players are taking less money to play for the Patriots vs. going to play for the Bills, Jets or Dolphins - look at Cole Beasley this past off-season.

I wasn't speculating that players would take less money to play for the Patriots than the other AFC East teams, I was speculating that players would take the same money to play for an average team in a different division over an AFC East team (e.g., Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, etc.).

I want to dig a little deeper, what are some of the strongest franchises since 2000?

Example: I think the Colts with Peyton Manning were a powerhouse, in part due to the AFC South being weak. But I think the AFC South may have been weak in part because the Colts were so dominant.

Other strong franchises: GB, PIT, DEN
At different times, the NFC North, AFC North and AFC West were all considered weak. Was this partially due to those teams being strong? [I realize BAL was also strong, but CLE and CIN have struggled for long periods of time. Again this is mostly due to mismanagement, but do FAs avoid them due to the division?]
Sand$: 43,001.89
It’s all about the QB. If you have a great one, free agents and players want to play there. If you don’t, they don’t.

No one worth a damn was signing with the Jets because they had Geno Smith.

I don’t think anyone is deciding between the Bills and Lions and picking the Lions because they are scared to sign with a team that’s in the same division as Brady.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,370.74
Cyguy84 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Pretty much what they said.
The Jets, Dolphins and Bills have all been run horribly, which is why they are bad and one of the reasons nobody wants to go to those teams. It isn't like players are taking less money to play for the Patriots vs. going to play for the Bills, Jets or Dolphins - look at Cole Beasley this past off-season.

I wasn't speculating that players would take less money to play for the Patriots than the other AFC East teams, I was speculating that players would take the same money to play for an average team in a different division over an AFC East team (e.g., Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins, etc.).

I want to dig a little deeper, what are some of the strongest franchises since 2000?

Example: I think the Colts with Peyton Manning were a powerhouse, in part due to the AFC South being weak. But I think the AFC South may have been weak in part because the Colts were so dominant.

Other strong franchises: GB, PIT, DEN
At different times, the NFC North, AFC North and AFC West were all considered weak. Was this partially due to those teams being strong? [I realize BAL was also strong, but CLE and CIN have struggled for long periods of time. Again this is mostly due to mismanagement, but do FAs avoid them due to the division?]

endzoneview wrote:It’s all about the QB. If you have a great one, free agents and players want to play there. If you don’t, they don’t.

No one worth a damn was signing with the Jets because they had Geno Smith.

I don’t think anyone is deciding between the Bills and Lions and picking the Lions because they are scared to sign with a team that’s in the same division as Brady.

Agree. I came to post that it's all about the QB when it comes to being good for a long time.
The Colts with Manning were a good team/great team. Without they were utter trash.
GB has had a QB for a long time.
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,074.47
rugger48 wrote:https://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=80

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The pats are to blame for one thing though. poop fans ;)

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,770.40
This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.

Go to a Red Sox game. It's not just the Patriots.
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,074.47
jesteva wrote:This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Kidding aside, the Pats are that good. The rest of the division has had its ups and downs but the consistent excellence that NEP has demonstrated under Bill B is undeniable, even for a PIT fan.

No doubt. We're all spoiled around here. But the pats started it. Sox, Bs, celts just piled on.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,581.92
I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.
Nothing to do with sports.
Megalodon
hawkdogger wrote:I actually think Boston is full of terrible people.

While I do not disagree, I think you could say that about any major city/area.
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:This is nothing but a arent the Patriots the greatest team ever now that they've tied the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins thread.

Red Sox fans are FAR WORSE than Patriots fans.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,864.64
honingskills wrote:

No doubt. We're all spoiled around here. But the pats started it. Sox, Bs, celts just piled on.

que?
Megalodon
Jcb890 wrote:

Yes and no. I don't see it about Indy fans, but I chalk that up to being a midwest thing. (Exception for Chicago fans in some cases)

BOS, NY, BAL, OAK, CHI... I think they're all full of the same mix of good and bad.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,696.58
Cyguy84 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

Yes and no. I don't see it about Indy fans, but I chalk that up to being a midwest thing. (Exception for Chicago fans in some cases)

BOS, NY, BAL, OAK, CHI... I think they're all full of the same mix of good and bad.

Indy fans suck. Terrible people. Canals are dirtier than BOS harbor and the drunks still swim in them, sometimes on purpose.
There, scratch that one off your bucket list.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,409.62
und2006 wrote:
honingskills wrote:

que?

I think he's talking about the fans not the championships. Though all of those teams have won at least one championship this century.
Sand$: 43,001.89
I blame Marky Mark, Scott Ross, Hector Barros, Terry Yancey and Anthony Thomas

"what did you do today, dear?"
"I googled the real names of the Funky Bunch to make a post about Boston sports fans on a fantasy football forum"