Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 63,882.52
Mathias Kiwanuka says his left leg is fine, despite the scare he got on the final play of Thursday night's game. But he knows it could have been much worse. He also thinks it never should have happened.

Kiwanuka said Friday that "a dirty play" by Redskins left tackle Chris Samuels nearly injured his left leg and ankle at the end of the Giants' 16-7win over Washington. And both he and his teammates were still steamed about the unnecessary tackle that nearly left the Giants without yet another defensive end.

"Honestly I thought it was a dirty play, there was no question about it," Kiwanuka said. "He was definitely beat. Instead of recovering or giving up or whatever the options were ... I don't think there's any place for that in the NFL."

On the play in question, Kiwanuka rushed around Samuels toward Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell. Samuels tried to bail his quarterback out by grabbing onto Kiwanuka from behind as if he were trying to drag him down. As he dragged down Kiwanuka, he fell onto his legs.

Immediately after the play, Giants coach Tom Coughlin confronted Samuels. "And he said it wasn't intentional," Coughlin said. "I'll leave it at that."

It didn't appear that Coughlin believed him. Kiwanuka seemed skeptical, too.

Source: New York Daily News