2006 New York Giants

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,735.44
Giants | Tuck out for the rest of the season
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:54:03 -0800

SportsTicker reports New York Giants DL Justin Tuck (foot) will miss the rest of the 2006 season when he undergoes surgery Friday, Nov. 17. Tuck suffered an injury to his Lisfranc ligament Oct. 23, and has been sidelined for the team's past three games.

Those lis franc injuries can be a mess, but they don't cause long-term concerns. Get well Tuckster!
Megalodon
Sand$: 189,464.06
IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.......

ALL SEASON WE'VE BEEN WAITING..
OUR FACES ARE PAINTED!
THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!!!!!!!

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

--Coors Light

Megalodon
Sand$: 189,464.06
footballking21 wrote:IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.......

ALL SEASON WE'VE BEEN WAITING..
OUR FACES ARE PAINTED!
THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!!!!!!!

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

--Coors Light

Well, that was fun. Prepare for 07..

Megalodon
Sand$: 9,926.56
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants hired Jerry Reese as their general manager Monday, making him only the third black GM in NFL history.

Reese, who served as the team's director of player personnel the last four years, was considered the favorite among the Giants' in-house candidates to replace Ernie Accorsi, who held the post for nine seasons before retiring.

Reese, 43, will formally be introduced as general manager and senior vice president at a news conference Tuesday morning, the team announced on its Web site.

The only other black general managers in the NFL are Baltimore's Ozzie Newsome and Houston's Rick Smith. There are several black men who have considerable say in front offices, notably Rod Graves of Arizona, whose title is senior vice president-football operations. Ray Anderson was vice president of the Atlanta Falcons for the last four years before moving to the NFL in August as senior vice president of football operations.

There were seven black head coaches in the NFL last season, the most ever. Two of them, Dennis Green of the Cardinals and Art Shell of Oakland, were fired after the season, although Shell will remain in the Raiders' front office.

Critics of the NFL's minority hiring policy have generally praised the league for increasing the number of minority coaches, but have pointed out that there is a void in the front office.

Last month, when Reese was mentioned as the favorite for the job, Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy, the senior black head coach, said: "That's great -- just to have an African-American mentioned that way is great."

A graduate of the University of Tennessee at Martin, Reese first joined the Giants' scouting department in 1994 after working on the coaching staff at his alma mater.

As the Giants' player personnel director, he oversaw all aspects of college scouting and had most of the responsibility for the draft. Reese previously served as assistant director of pro personnel for three years.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,634.46
Tiki Barber-RB-Giants Jan. 16 - 4:42 pm et

Giants GM Jerry Reese told the NFL Network the Giants would welcome Tiki Barber back to football next season.
Reese cited multiple players who decide to return after getting away from football during the off-season. We don't know if Reese has any specific indication whether Tiki is wavering. "Never say never with these guys," Reese said. "Tiki has earned that."
Supreme Megalodon
Giants | Barber not changing his mind on retirementPublished Wed Jan 17 10:25:00 p.m. ET 2007
(KFFL) Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Giants RB Tiki Barber is not changing his mind on retirement, no matter how hard general manager Jerry Reese tries to talk him out of it. Reese has said he hopes Barber would change his mind and return to the team in 2007. During his Sirius radio show Tuesday, Jan .16, Barber said, "Well, Jerry, I can tell you, I'm not coming out of retirement but I appreciate the offer. I've got other plans to do and I'm excited about moving forward. I am extremely grateful for every opportunity that the New York Giants provided me on the football field and also, as I take the next steps in my life off the football field, to be an influence in my community, to make great strides with people. So, Jerry, I appreciate your interest. I will talk to you, I'm sure, personally in the coming days to tell you, 'Thanks but no thanks.'"
Sand$: 37,758.28
good luck in all you do Tiki. You've been a thorn on the eagles's side for a long time but i've always respected you as a player. way to leave on your own terms!

Supreme Megalodon
Giants Offense-TM-Giants Jan. 18 - 2:26 pm et

The Giants will keep Kevin Gilbride as their offensive coordinator in 2007.
Gilbride, who took over for John Hufnagel as coordinator late in 2006, is famous for his days as coordinator of the Houston Oilers. He also worked for Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville. It's surprising that the man responsible for Eli Manning's development received a promotion.
Source: Newsday
Supreme Megalodon
Giants Defense-TM-Giants Jan. 22 - 12:46 pm et

The Giants will reportedly hire Eagles LB coach Steve Spagnuolo as their next defensive coordinator.
Spagnulo has cut his teeth for eight seasons under Eagles coordinator Jim Johnson, who never met a blitz he didn't like.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Supreme Megalodon
LaVar Arrington-LB- Giants Jan. 25 - 5:42 pm et

LaVar Arrington expects to be recovered from his ruptured Achilles' tendon in time for June minicamps.
He expects a full recovery by Week 1. Todd Pinkston and Edgerton Hartwell, both roughly the same age as Arrington, had similar injuries and weren't able to play at 100 percent the entire next season.
Source: giants.com
Supreme Megalodon
Shaun O'Hara-C- Giants Feb. 3 - 10:44 am et

Giants free agent center Shaun O'Hara is believed to be in search of a five-year contract.
The going rate for established pivots is $3 million-per-year, and Newsday considers that a reasonable price for O'Hara as a solid starter in the league. O'Hara expects to begin serious talks with the Giants next week.
Source: Newsday
Supreme Megalodon
Giants | Pierce Hawaii boundPublished Mon Feb 5 4:37:00 p.m. ET 2007
(KFFL) New York Giants LB Antonio Pierce has been added to the NFC Pro Bowl squad in place of Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (toe).
Supreme Megalodon
Tiki Barber-RB- Giants Feb. 9 - 3:37 pm et

The NFL Network has confirmed that Tiki Barber will make his official retirement announcement at some point next week.
Barber is in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl and will play this weekend in what amounts to his last game in the NFL. He'll subsequently begin his broadcasting career, most likely for NBC's Today and Dateline programs.
Supreme Megalodon
Bob Whitfield-T-Giants Feb. 12 - 9:02 pm et

Bob Whitfield announced his retirement from football Monday.
"Headbutt Bob" was the nickname he earned as a Giant, but Whitfield will surely retire a Falcon. He lasted an unprecedented 15 years in the NFL, and spent 12 in Atlanta. With the retirements of Whitfield and Tiki Barber, and the three cuts, the Giants saved $6 million against the cap Monday.
Source: New York Daily News
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 312,528.87
checo446 wrote:Tiki Barber-RB- Giants Feb. 9 - 3:37 pm et

The NFL Network has confirmed that Tiki Barber will make his official retirement announcement at some point next week.
Barber is in Honolulu for the Pro Bowl and will play this weekend in what amounts to his last game in the NFL. He'll subsequently begin his broadcasting career, most likely for NBC's Today and Dateline programs.

Enjoy retirement Tiki.

I drafted you when you were a rook and you knocked out my chances of a threepeat in one lg 2 yrs ago. The memories. :?

Image Image