Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,123.14

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 610.00
^^^ That is my best and earliest Raider memory. I was in 2nd grade in 1983 so that was the game where I first appreciated football and became a diehard Raider fan.

If I was around in the '70s, I may have had Raider memories of the duo George Atkinson and Jack Tatum cracking opponents' skulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuP0Cldb ... re=related
Supreme Megalodon
Yep...it was the mid 70's when I became a Raiders fan. I loved the way they played and since I grew up in Ohio, I hated the Steelers!

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 610.00
Haha! I like you!!! A Raider and you're from Ohio. I grew up in Los Angeles, but most of my family is from Youngstown!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!! They have a tough schedule, but they're gonna go off this year!
Supreme Megalodon
EZ money wrote:Haha! I like you!!! A Raider and you're from Ohio. I grew up in Los Angeles, but most of my family is from Youngstown!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!! They have a tough schedule, but they're gonna go off this year!

Real close neighbors then...I grew up in Akron. Left Ohio in the early 80's.

Buckeye fan also! 8) :D

Chum
Sand$: 39.00
Long time Raider fan, stuck in Colts territory...My best memory, and I have a lot, is Jimmy Plunkett's little toss (about 5 yards) to Kenny King against the Eagles in the Superbowl (1980). It went for 87 (or 83) yards and at the time was the longest pass for a TD in a superbowl. Oakland became the 1st wildcard team to win a Superbowl that year. I was 10 and had been watching football for a few years then, mostly Raiders, Steelers, and Browns games, but not really into it, until that improbable run through the playoffs...Plunkett, King, Cliff Branch, Lester Hayes(wore so much stick 'em he could intercept a ball with his elbow), Casper...they were just a scrappy team and I've been bleedin' black and silver ever since. Wish I could've witnessed the Snake and Bilitnekof (spelling?) in their prime. Lots of things I wish...Bo would've lasted, we would've went after Brees instead of Aaron Brooks, Gruden would've stayed @ least one more year, Al would've fired himself for letting Gruden go....oh the blessed memories.

10 Team League/PPR(TeamQB,2RB,2WR,Flex,TE,K,D,DE,DT,DL,LB,CB,S,DB)
QB- Cowboys Team QB
RB- Gore, Moreno, M. Bush, Torrain, Lynch
WR- Harvin, C.Johnson, Lloyd, Nicks, R. Williams(Dal),M. Williams(TB)
TE- Gates, Hernandez
K- Buehler
D- Pats
Supreme Megalodon
scubesD wrote:Long time Raider fan, stuck in Colts territory...My best memory, and I have a lot, is Jimmy Plunkett's little toss (about 5 yards) to Kenny King against the Eagles in the Superbowl (1980). It went for 87 (or 83) yards and at the time was the longest pass for a TD in a superbowl. Oakland became the 1st wildcard team to win a Superbowl that year. I was 10 and had been watching football for a few years then, mostly Raiders, Steelers, and Browns games, but not really into it, until that improbable run through the playoffs...Plunkett, King, Cliff Branch, Lester Hayes(wore so much stick 'em he could intercept a ball with his elbow), Casper...they were just a scrappy team and I've been bleedin' black and silver ever since. Wish I could've witnessed the Snake and Bilitnekof (spelling?) in their prime. Lots of things I wish...Bo would've lasted, we would've went after Brees instead of Aaron Brooks, Gruden would've stayed @ least one more year, Al would've fired himself for letting Gruden go....oh the blessed memories.

Great post! Love the old Raiders and the way they played. Plunkett should be in the Hall in my opinion.

And yes...Al should have fired himself over letting Gruden go.And countless other brain farts.. :roll:

Chum
Sand$: 39.00
K Chris Bahr
WR Cliff Branch
TE * Dave Casper
TE/FB Todd Christensen
P Ray Guy
DB Lester Hayes
LB * Ted Hendricks
RB Kenny King
LB Rod Martin
DE/DT John Matuszak
LB Matt Millen
QB Jim Plunkett
T/HC * Art Shell
G * Gene Upshaw
RB Mark van Eeghen

I guess the play went for eighty yards, not 87...this team was fantastic. The thing I remember from these years was how hard hitting the D was. You might beat us, but we were going to beat you up. I miss that the most from the Raiders

10 Team League/PPR(TeamQB,2RB,2WR,Flex,TE,K,D,DE,DT,DL,LB,CB,S,DB)
QB- Cowboys Team QB
RB- Gore, Moreno, M. Bush, Torrain, Lynch
WR- Harvin, C.Johnson, Lloyd, Nicks, R. Williams(Dal),M. Williams(TB)
TE- Gates, Hernandez
K- Buehler
D- Pats
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,224.81
Old thread but since I'm here I'll share...

November 20, 1986 - A 28-yard Marcus Allen TD run gave the Raiders a 37-31 OT win over the Chargers at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego...

I was at that game with a few fellow Raider fan friends of mine - decked out in silver and black of course - got so stoked when he ran it in for the win my friends and I were all up in every Chargette fan's face around us... the lady seated next to me slapped me in the face.... best part was she was Rolf Benirschke's (SD Kicker) wife!!! LOL.... a "small" brawl ensued in our section.... ahhhh good times, good times.....

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com

2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
canadianraiderfan wrote:Old thread but since I'm here I'll share...

November 20, 1986 - A 28-yard Marcus Allen TD run gave the Raiders a 37-31 OT win over the Chargers at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego...

I was at that game with a few fellow Raider fan friends of mine - decked out in silver and black of course - got so stoked when he ran it in for the win my friends and I were all up in every Chargette fan's face around us... the lady seated next to me slapped me in the face.... best part was she was Rolf Benirschke's (SD Kicker) wife!!! LOL.... a "small" brawl ensued in our section.... ahhhh good times, good times.....

Good stuff right there! :lol:

:thumbright:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,695.08
Early 90's and I was probably 20.. Was hitting golf balls at the range in Palm Springs, looked over my shoulder and there was Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores doing the same. A bit later gave them a nod while at the snack shack before going to the 1st tee.

FTR.. I was a life long Raider fan at that point. Only switched my allegiance when they toyed with my emotions and Al moved back to Oakland.. So seeing them was more than a big deal to me at the time..

I still remember Plunkett's knees. Because of the scars and size they actually reminded me of footballs.

Still regret not getting an autograph but I've never been "that guy".

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo