Steelers general talk

Megalodon
Sand$: 7,102.04
I wanted to make a few random Steelers comments.

I've never been so happy to be wrong about a prediction. I was a Mendenhall supporter but I'll gladly have my man sit the bench if it means Willie is going off.

Ben's completion percentage is ridiculous.

The o-line played ok. We'll see if they're tested more in the future. I think it could still potentially be a problem.

Tough schedule? pssh. The Steelers are the tough opponent on other team's schedules. :wink:
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,572.08
Well, I agree our O-line played OK, but I'd like to see them against a better defense than Houston's. We still may not know about our line next week, as the Browns D did not look great against Dallas.

Suprised that Ward was used more than Santonio. I hope that doesn't last long, nor do I expect it to.

Pass defense let down a couple times, that kinda worries me coming up.

Not a bad start to the season though, especially with the top 3 in the AFC struggling in Week 1.

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Megalodon
The D was dominant against Cleveland even if they got some weather related assistance. Ben showed he can play with his injury. I think he revels in this situation getting to show how tough he is.

Man I love all the talk about the Browns taking the AFC North this year. 2-0 vs. 0-2. Bring it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,669.62
The pass protection still makes me nervous as hell. Seeing fatarse Rogers laying on top of Ben about 4 times made me sick. They kept praising how good the O-line was looking and every time I looked Ben was being flattened either from his left side or straight up the middle.

Polamalu looked real good yesterday. He doesn't look to have any lingering effects from his injury.

I wish FWP wouldn't just fall down all the time. I love the big play threat but I miss the days of Bettis running people over.

One other thing, How the hell did Farrior get a taunting penalty during an injury time out from their defensive huddle. That is just stupid.

We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum
Megalodon
Steelers +3. I might make a wager. Philly's offense has looked good but so has the Steelers D.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,667.10
I think tomlin is going to have let mend play a little more, i dont think parker will last into the playoffs with 400 carries in the regular season. Steelers still have to play 4 games against the NFC east and also 2 others games against ne and Indy, those are going to be the real test. Ben is already beat up just playing houston and cleveland so i hope he will get through this week.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,667.10
The_Bus wrote:The pass protection still makes me nervous as hell. Seeing fatarse Rogers laying on top of Ben about 4 times made me sick. They kept praising how good the O-line was looking and every time I looked Ben was being flattened either from his left side or straight up the middle.

Polamalu looked real good yesterday. He doesn't look to have any lingering effects from his injury.

I wish FWP wouldn't just fall down all the time. I love the big play threat but I miss the days of Bettis running people over.

One other thing, How the hell did Farrior get a taunting penalty during an injury time out from their defensive huddle. That is just stupid.

Im not sure if your asking or just stating that it was a stupid penalty on farroirs part, but the penalty was for farrior flipping off the crowd in cleveland.
Chum
Sand$: 4.00
Sadly enough the Pit. Steelers had no ground game to support any kind of win against the Eagles. With Willie Parker going 13-20yds won't amount to anything to brag about. The Ward/Holmes combo wasn't working as well as we all would thought better of but we'll have to shake this one of and move on to next week. Bal. Ravens are next to face Pit. and i would expect to see a lot better numbers from Pit.
Supreme Megalodon
W.ParkerFAN wrote:Sadly enough the Pit. Steelers had no ground game to support any kind of win against the Eagles. With Willie Parker going 13-20yds won't amount to anything to brag about. The Ward/Holmes combo wasn't working as well as we all would thought better of but we'll have to shake this one of and move on to next week. Bal. Ravens are next to face Pit. and i would expect to see a lot better numbers from Pit.

The Ravens consistently abuse Ben with their pass rush. After watching the Iggles use Ben as a pinata, I'm more than a little concerned. Banged up Ben, the rook at RB, and a collander-like pass blocking O-line. It's my worst nightmare.

Megalodon
Sand$: 42,572.08
The_Bus wrote:
W.ParkerFAN wrote:Sadly enough the Pit. Steelers had no ground game to support any kind of win against the Eagles. With Willie Parker going 13-20yds won't amount to anything to brag about. The Ward/Holmes combo wasn't working as well as we all would thought better of but we'll have to shake this one of and move on to next week. Bal. Ravens are next to face Pit. and i would expect to see a lot better numbers from Pit.

The Ravens consistently abuse Ben with their pass rush. After watching the Iggles use Ben as a pinata, I'm more than a little concerned. Banged up Ben, the rook at RB, and a collander-like pass blocking O-line. It's my worst nightmare.

Yeah, minus that Monday nighter last year, the Ravens always play a tough game against the Steelers. Our defense will keep us in the game, as they'll make Flacco beat them throught the air. I think the first team to 17 wins this one..

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Can someone...anyone...explain to me WHY THE HELL WE CAN'T THROW A SCREEN OR A SWING PASS? UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

And yes the cap locks was intentional.

Megalodon
The_Bus wrote:Can someone...anyone...explain to me WHY THE HELL WE CAN'T THROW A SCREEN OR A SWING PASS? UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

And yes the cap locks was intentional.

Mewelde Moore's best strength is probably screens...