The Steelers

Megalodon
Sand$: 62,271.18
rugger48 wrote:really is this worth the time to post. You gonna go and make some more posts for philly,cincy, and KC. the steelers are not playing good this year, it took til the raiders game to figure this out.

I believe the pats are in the same boat this year, if i remember correctly you have lost to some crappy teams.

Umm...

Jets and Miami would be the "worst." And they are in our division.

Denver, Indy and New Orleans are all playoff teams. I think Indy and New Orleans are the #1 teams in each conference, and we lost to Denver in overtime.

While I am worried that we just aren't getting it done when we need to (4th and 2, interception in the red zone yesterday) I am sure we will win the division (schedule is ridiculously easy coming up) and then we'll see what we do in the playoffs.

The Steelers just can't seem to handle the success of winning the Super Bowl. They missed the playoffs after their last win too. I think they take the Super Bowl losing curse for the other team-- ARI is doing pretty well.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,372.62
Cyguy84 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:really is this worth the time to post. You gonna go and make some more posts for philly,cincy, and KC. the steelers are not playing good this year, it took til the raiders game to figure this out.

I believe the pats are in the same boat this year, if i remember correctly you have lost to some crappy teams.

Umm...

Jets and Miami would be the "worst." And they are in our division.

Denver, Indy and New Orleans are all playoff teams. I think Indy and New Orleans are the #1 teams in each conference, and we lost to Denver in overtime.

While I am worried that we just aren't getting it done when we need to (4th and 2, interception in the red zone yesterday) I am sure we will win the division (schedule is ridiculously easy coming up) and then we'll see what we do in the playoffs.

The Steelers just can't seem to handle the success of winning the Super Bowl. They missed the playoffs after their last win too. I think they take the Super Bowl losing curse for the other team-- ARI is doing pretty well.
"While I am worried that we just aren't getting it done when we need to" , I believe that would be the same problem with the steelers if i remeber correctly we lost 4 games in the last 30 seconds of the game due to our cbs.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,372.62
marik7772003 wrote:
Schmohawk wrote:if it isn't down to bad coaching, then there must be a split in the camp. 3 td's in one q to the raiderzz :lol:

anyone blaming it on polamalu being out is crazy. he is one guy

Normally, I'd agree, but not with Polamalu. Polamalu wreaks havoc all over the field, allows the corners to be a bit looser when they know that he'll be back there to mop up mistakes, makes big momentum-changing plays, and is the leader, emotional and otherwise, of that defense.

When that's not there, they get exposed for what they are: a mediocre secondary who's getting torn up by just about anybody.

I agree, it sucks to have your whole defnsive backfield revolve around 1 guy so much. I mean they should be able to cover the raiders and KC wrs w/o polumalu.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,814.42
for as long as i can remember, the Steelers have always played better when they have a chip on their shoulder and have something to prove.

this team struggles when they are expected to win, or when they do not have the drive/determination to prove everyone wrong. after winning the Super Bowl....they have lost the killer instinct, again.

the team is not just playing bad football. in fact, in a lot of ways, they are playing great football. the offense moves the ball up and down the field againt everyone. but yesterday they threw an INT in the endzone, missed a 4th down conversion at the 5, and missed a FG. they simply struggle to close when they get close.

the defense seems to play decent for 3 quarters....but when the game is on the line....they are not playing with the aggression that a typical Steelers D is known to play with. they are all standing back and waiting for someone else to win the game for them. i think this is 3 straight games when a defender had the ball in their hands on the final drive and flat out dropped an INT that would have sealed the game.

all of this said----the Steelers now face 4 must win games. and these are the kind of games that this team typically finds a way to win. their backs are against the wall and everyone assumes they are done. they have the talent to beat anyone at any time...and have proven that with wins againt Minn, Denver, and SD.

count me as one that does not think the Steelers are a bad team. in fact, i think they are a very good team....that is simply going through the motions thinking they can walk over everyone. an attitude adjustment can still help this team. it just may be too late.

12 team, non ppr, 6 Points all TD's
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D

QB - Rivers
RB - AP, Bush, F Jones, Choice, Ganther, C Taylor
WR - De Jackson, Driver, Boldin, Bess
TE - Celek
K - Gould
D - Waiver Wire
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,748.00
it's a very fine line in the NFL between being a contender and missing the playoffs.

1) Troy...enough said, it's been covered on this thread

2) Ike Taylor is playing like he did a few years ago when Cowher benched him, his issues against jump balls appear to have returned...Gay is bad, but Ike is not helping things either

3) Aaron Smith is arguably more important to the D than anybody not wearing 43, he does all the unsung things (along with Casey) that let the linebackers do their thing. When he tore his bicep a few years ago Jacksonville ran directly where he would have been for 2 games in a row, embarrassing the defense.

4) The offense looks like 2 different units at times...I hate to throw a coach under the bus, as the players have to run the plays, but the offense looks better in the muddle huddle when Ben is calling the plays than when Bruce is calling them. I am not saying they should stay in the hurry up, but that maybe Arians is not the best play caller out there.

5) most importantly...special teams has been terrible all year...maybe the coverage was masked last year by having a punter who could only kick it 30 yards out of bounds ever time...jeff reed is having a bad year also...
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 510.00
I don't know if Troy is really good or Tyrone Carter is really bad. Seriously, is this the best they can find?

BLAH.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,462.84
I'd like to personally thank the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2 things...

1. Their loss to Oakland is generally considered a bigger upset than New England's loss to Miami.

2. By giving Oakland another win, it bumps them down a few rungs on the ladder when the 2010 NFL draft hits the stage. Considering Oakland's superb skill in maximizing their first-round picks, the...

:twisted: :twisted: I'm sorry, I can't keep saying that with a straight face.

Veritas Odium Parit
Megalodon
Sand$: 62,271.18
DropkickFluties wrote:I'd like to personally thank the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2 things...

1. Their loss to Oakland is generally considered a bigger upset than New England's loss to Miami.

2. By giving Oakland another win, it bumps them down a few rungs on the ladder when the 2010 NFL draft hits the stage. Considering Oakland's superb skill in maximizing their first-round picks, the...

:twisted: :twisted: I'm sorry, I can't keep saying that with a straight face.

We need them to develop faith in Russell this offseason... that way their pick will be as high as possible next year for us.

I'll accept them taking another QB in the draft, because that can't help them. I'll also accept them using their pick to grab a workout wonder who won't help the team.

But all this Gradkowski winning stuff-- that is bad!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,212.00
The Crap Raiders beat my Eagles too. So I know how you feel. :x

CALL EM AS I SEE EM
President of JStew, Blount & Pettigrew Fan Club
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,773.08
The Crap Raiders beat my Eagles too

Yep...they own Pennsylvania's NFL franchises.
Sand$: 112,079.58
Perfect remedy to their problems Thursday.
Megalodon
Sand$: 61,749.30
I couldn't be more disgusted with this team right now. Polamalu is my favorite Steeler and he is the most improtant player on that D, but his absence isn't the only reason why they've choked in the last 4 games. The other reasons have already been mentioned, special teams, mistakes, lack of heart and killer instinct, Ariens.......etc. But one thing that hasn't been mentioned that I think needs to be said, is that I don't think Tomlin has as much bark to his bite as I thought he did. He talks about 'unleashing hell' and back to 'Steeler football' and all the typical post game interview stuff. But it has not shown on the field. Maybe the return of Polamalu will cure it all, but it may be too late. As for me, I still think they can win out and then need a little help, but this team is still basically the same team that won the superbowl last year, except it appears as though they do not have the same attitude.

It all comes down to wanting it more than the other team. It appears as though the other team has wanted the last 4 games more than them.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,415.76
I had high hopes for that game - shimminy, wt h. Really expected Big Ben to have a huge game, but for that Def to get lit up like that at HOME against the Raiders????

Man...unbelievable.

pwbowen wrote:I apologize for being the wet fart.
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,457.00
OarChambo wrote:Perfect remedy to their problems Thursday.

Why the hell are you on national TV again?

Image Image
Sand$: 112,079.58
marik7772003 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Perfect remedy to their problems Thursday.

Why the hell are you on national TV again?
I. Don't. Know.

You'd think the NFL would've learned after last season's debacle. I, and all Browns fans, am curious to see how Quinn does, but only Browns fans care. He's shown progress 2 of the last 3 weeks, but the pass rush he'll see vs. Pittsburgh is going to be a lot closer to the one he faced in his bad week than the other 2.

Won't matter, Pittsburgh's going to hang 30+ and Big Ben may be the leading QB scorer this week.