The Steelers

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,669.62
I haven't read all the responses, but I just want to point out one thing. It's not just Polamalu's play on the field that's missed, it's his leadership. He and Farrior call all the adjustments, lineups, shifts, blitzes, etc for the D. Watch the play of some of the "DB's" ,and I use that term loosely, without Troy in there and you will see many of them are out of position and looking lost.

I'll give you a prime example. On the Murphy long bomb, Ike Taylor was playing outside position and Tyrone Carter was well out of position and nowhere to be seen to cover the inside. Does this happen with Troy out there? I don't believe so. Now this could be Ike's fault, but I believe it's on Carter. I will give Taylor the veteran the benefit of the doubt on that one.

It's not a coincidence that the Steelers have lost 6 out of 7 games with Troy out. Combine that with redzone blunders and the "play" of Gay and you have a nightmare like Sunday.

Apparently Tomlin's unleashing of Hell is complete with ruffled pillows and fluffy pink bunny slippers.

We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,748.00
The_Bus wrote:I haven't read all the responses, but I just want to point out one thing. It's not just Polamalu's play on the field that's missed, it's his leadership. He and Farrior call all the adjustments, lineups, shifts, blitzes, etc for the D. Watch the play of some of the "DB's" ,and I use that term loosely, without Troy in there and you will see many of them are out of position and looking lost.

I'll give you a prime example. On the Murphy long bomb, Ike Taylor was playing outside position and Tyrone Carter was well out of position and nowhere to be seen to cover the inside. Does this happen with Troy out there? I don't believe so. Now this could be Ike's fault, but I believe it's on Carter. I will give Taylor the veteran the benefit of the doubt on that one.

It's not a coincidence that the Steelers have lost 6 out of 7 games with Troy out. Combine that with redzone blunders and the "play" of Gay and you have a nightmare like Sunday.

Apparently Tomlin's unleashing of Hell is complete with ruffled pillows and fluffy pink bunny slippers.

fwiw...thats what the announcers thought, but it was mentioned today on "The Drive" in locker room interviews that Ike was suppossed to stay inside and behind the guy from the start...force the route away from the middle of the field, there was no help from a safety on the call...not trying to defend Carter, just what the soundbites said...the entire DB core was horrendous yesterday...

Ike is one of my favorite players and I have touted him and Aaron Smith as unsung heroes of our defense the past few years, but he is having a really rough year...we know and expect that he couldn't catch a cold in the arctic soaking wet, but he usually is well above par in coverage...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,669.62
jec40 wrote:
The_Bus wrote:I haven't read all the responses, but I just want to point out one thing. It's not just Polamalu's play on the field that's missed, it's his leadership. He and Farrior call all the adjustments, lineups, shifts, blitzes, etc for the D. Watch the play of some of the "DB's" ,and I use that term loosely, without Troy in there and you will see many of them are out of position and looking lost.

fwiw...thats what the announcers thought, but it was mentioned today on "The Drive" in locker room interviews that Ike was suppossed to stay inside and behind the guy from the start...force the route away from the middle of the field, there was no help from a safety on the call...not trying to defend Carter, just what the soundbites said...the entire DB core was horrendous yesterday...

Ike is one of my favorite players and I have touted him and Aaron Smith as unsung heroes of our defense the past few years, but he is having a really rough year...we know and expect that he couldn't catch a cold in the arctic soaking wet, but he usually is well above par in coverage...

I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear the announcers, but if it was Ike's fault it was. That being said, I still think Troy calls that properly. You just don't see the consistency of secondary blounders like we are seeing without Troy.

That being said, if Mundy, I think it was Mundy, doesn't drop the INT which hits him right in the chest...all of this is a non-issue. It it wasn't Mundy it was definitely Burnett.

I agree that Aaron Smith is missed tremendously. I knew that injury would hurt.

We don't swim in your toilet, don't crap in our tank.
Search before posting, and use the right forum
Sand$: 114,472.86
The_Bus wrote:
jec40 wrote:

I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear the announcers, but if it was Ike's fault it was. That being said, I still think Troy calls that properly. You just don't see the consistency of secondary blounders like we are seeing without Troy.

That being said, if Mundy, I think it was Mundy, doesn't drop the INT which hits him right in the chest...all of this is a non-issue. It it wasn't Mundy it was definitely Burnett.

I agree that Aaron Smith is missed tremendously. I knew that injury would hurt.
It was Burnett.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,531.06
Rumor has it Ike's getting benched after the last couple of weeks.

Tomlin promised significant changes before next game...

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,749.74

Yep. In listening to the presser, he said a few times something to the effect "we have some young guys here and need to find out what they can do". You'll probably need to consult your game program to figure out who some of the guys are manning the secondary this week.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,191.88
I didn't mind the "unleashing hell" comment...I thought it showed fight...too bad they couldn't back it up. sorry but I hope Troy is out for at least two more games!
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 510.00
vonbearsalot wrote:Rumor has it Ike's getting benched after the last couple of weeks.

Out of all the players to be benched in the secondary Ike would be third on my list after Carter and Gay.
Supreme Megalodon
I got the impression from the press conference Wm. Gay will be out (not confirmed) because of the injury he sustained last week
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,531.06
jesteva wrote:I got the impression from the press conference Wm. Gay will be out (not confirmed) because of the injury he sustained last week

I had that impression as well.

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 67,956.71
Since the dark days of Chuck Noll, the Steelers have made sound, solid decisions and have been right far more times than they've been wrong on every issue...the draft, free agency, etc..etc..It's what I aspire the Browns to be and I honestly would never want another team ever to take the place of the rivalry..though, at best a rapeage over these many years. The ownership is second to none in class and dignity and they tried mightily to block Moehell from leaving Cleveland..and were instrumental in getting a team back..at the forfront in making it happen. Most Browns fans hate the Steelers as much as I out of the sheer rivalry aspect and fun atmosphere of the games, regardless of the records. Steelers fans no longer look on the Browns as "the" rival..not in quite some time..but there is still something there..and it's dirty.

ImageImage
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 510.00
Fighting Amish wrote:Since the dark days of Chuck Noll, the Steelers have made sound, solid decisions and have been right far more times than they've been wrong on every issue...the draft, free agency, etc..etc..It's what I aspire the Browns to be and I honestly would never want another team ever to take the place of the rivalry..though, at best a rapeage over these many years. The ownership is second to none in class and dignity and they tried mightily to block Moehell from leaving Cleveland..and were instrumental in getting a team back..at the forfront in making it happen. Most Browns fans hate the Steelers as much as I out of the sheer rivalry aspect and fun atmosphere of the games, regardless of the records. Steelers fans no longer look on the Browns as "the" rival..not in quite some time..but there is still something there..and it's dirty.

I look forward to a day when the Browns are good again. I miss the rivalry.

BTW, why is your avatar peeing butter?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 67,956.71
drawingguy wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:Since the dark days of Chuck Noll, the Steelers have made sound, solid decisions and have been right far more times than they've been wrong on every issue...the draft, free agency, etc..etc..It's what I aspire the Browns to be and I honestly would never want another team ever to take the place of the rivalry..though, at best a rapeage over these many years. The ownership is second to none in class and dignity and they tried mightily to block Moehell from leaving Cleveland..and were instrumental in getting a team back..at the forfront in making it happen. Most Browns fans hate the Steelers as much as I out of the sheer rivalry aspect and fun atmosphere of the games, regardless of the records. Steelers fans no longer look on the Browns as "the" rival..not in quite some time..but there is still something there..and it's dirty.

I look forward to a day when the Browns are good again. I miss the rivalry.

BTW, why is your avatar peeing butter?

Urinary track infection..

I always whip this one out during big games with the Dreaded Squeelers..

THIS game is the mighty Quinns (small m) SuperBowl. He grew up a Browns fan and has always gotten worked up over this rivalry. This is his dream game..that said..I see Quinn being mauled in this game.

Steelers 28

Browns 10

ImageImage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,614.44
test of new sig
Supreme Megalodon
test of new sig

Guess that makes us even for that Immaculate Reception thing.