Is 49ers QB Smith's confidence shot?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 63,882.52
At this point in the season, after seeing 49ers QB Alex Smith flailing in futility Monday night, it's fair to ask his head coach if his quarterback's confidence is shot. "I wouldn't use the word 'shot,' " Mike Nolan said in his Tuesday news conference. "That would mean it's next to dead. That's not accurate. Is his confidence shaken? I think so. It's a challenge to your confidence. Only the strong will survive. If you play quarterback in the NFL, your confidence is going to be challenged, whether you're Peyton Manning or Tom Brady." -- SF Chronicle
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 31,017.62
Won't have to worry about it this week, Smith is injured and Trent is here to save the day :roll:

Supreme Megalodon
49ers QB Smith might not play again in '07?

49ers QB Alex Smith threw lightly Thursday and, when asked whether he would play again in 2007, said he thought he would. "A lot of it has to do with what Dr. Andrews thinks and what our doctors think, as far as the long term – how long it's going to take for this to go away," he said. "The point is to come back when you're functional, come back when it works and I can be productive." -- Sac Bee
Supreme Megalodon
dznutz88 wrote:49ers QB Smith might not play again in '07?

49ers QB Alex Smith threw lightly Thursday and, when asked whether he would play again in 2007, said he thought he would. "A lot of it has to do with what Dr. Andrews thinks and what our doctors think, as far as the long term – how long it's going to take for this to go away," he said. "The point is to come back when you're functional, come back when it works and I can be productive." -- Sac Bee

Might as well just shut him down, not like it's gonna ruin our season :?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,102.60
With the injury and the weak O-line, it does make some sense because the team doesn't look to be going anywhere. However, as the supposed future QB, he needs to be showing us that he is getting better.

Best Player in NFL History: 16th overall pick of the 1985 draft
Supreme Megalodon
Niners QB's future in doubt
Posted: Wednesday December 05, 2007 07:21AM ET

Alex Smith will test his injured right shoulder with a light throwing session Wednesday. Beyond that, there are increasing questions about his future. The 49ers on Monday dismissed an item on foxsports.com that suggested they are looking to pull the plug on the final two years of Smith's contract.
Supreme Megalodon
dznutz88 wrote:Niners QB's future in doubt
Posted: Wednesday December 05, 2007 07:21AM ET

Alex Smith will test his injured right shoulder with a light throwing session Wednesday. Beyond that, there are increasing questions about his future. The 49ers on Monday dismissed an item on foxsports.com that suggested they are looking to pull the plug on the final two years of Smith's contract.

Can't say I'm totally surprised, but can't say he's really had a fair shot either with a consistent coaching staff or offensive coordinator.
Jury is still out on him for me.