Great White Shark
Sand$: 319,640.82
Basically, each person has to draft an NL team and an AL team. Standard scoring/lineup, but you can only start players from these two teams. So basically I need to find the single best MLB franchise from a fantasy perspective. Snake format so I will also have the last pick in the second round.

As a non-baseball fan, my research seems to point to the Angels as being the team to draft. Detroit is also interesting.

Any thoughts?

Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
My Top 5 (not necessarily in order) for 2013

Angels
Dodgers
Cardinals
Blue Jays
Braves

And the Reds, Tigers, Rangers, Brewers and Nationals are all in the mix, with the Yankees and Red Sox (who are ALWAYS near the top) as legitimate threats to be near the top of the league in offense, despite the current uninspiring situations.
Not-so-Dark horse - Rockies. They've only got 2 legitimate stars (until Dexter Fowler forces his way into that conversation), but they're still playing half their games in an offensive paradise.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
oban14 wrote:Basically, each person has to draft an NL team and an AL team. Standard scoring/lineup, but you can only start players from these two teams. So basically I need to find the single best MLB franchise from a fantasy perspective. Snake format so I will also have the last pick in the second round.

As a non-baseball fan, my research seems to point to the Angels as being the team to draft. Detroit is also interesting.

Any thoughts?

i like Angels, ATL, DET for my top 3. Id have to settle for Angels. I agree i'd probably take the Rockies if they where avail for you 2nd pick.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
i hadnt considered atlanta. detroit seemed lime the logical #2 to me because of verlander. philly also stood out due to pitching. sounds like angels are the way to go though, better pick before they get tired of waiting for me.

Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
oban14 wrote:i hadnt considered atlanta. detroit seemed lime the logical #2 to me because of verlander. philly also stood out due to pitching. sounds like angels are the way to go though, better pick before they get tired of waiting for me.

I was listing the teams i like to score the most runs, and didn't even consider pitching.

The Braves always have outstanding pitching, and are top 3 overall for me. The Nationals and Rays need to be near the top of the list, too, based on their pitching staffs (though Washington should have a good offense, too).

Colorado gets knocked down the list a lot because of a crappy rotation.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Rockies got picked. I can get:

Cubs
Miami
NYM
PIT
SEA

Looking at auction values SEA is the best followed by PIT and NYM but I need to see which one compliments the Angels best.

Any advice appreciated.

Great White Shark
Nevermind, forgot Seattle isn't in the NL. :roll:

Like I said, not much of a baseball guy.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
oban14 wrote:Nevermind, forgot Seattle isn't in the NL. :roll:

Like I said, not much of a baseball guy.

In that case i'd take PIT. Can't go wrong with CUTCH! I do like Castro and Rizzo though but Cutch is a TOP 5 fantasy guy...or close to it

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
That's what I ended up doing. Players are relatively complementary and I'll have a sick outfield.