Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,540.22
I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to drafting in baseball and with that I am looking for recommendations/web sites to visit/etc on how to approach draft day. I'm rejoining my buddy's league for year 2 and I admit, last year, I got lucky. I can count the number of fantasy baseball leagues I've done on one hand.

Some things I've seen to pick up on:
- Early rounds go for the value, forget trying to fill positions as that will come in the later rounds.
- Unless you get someone like Buster Posey treat catchers in the same vein as Tight Ends in football (there are serviceable guys in later rounds).
- Stay away from pitching until maybe round 5?

If anyone has any great sites I can visit which will help me with a learning curve I'd greatly appreciate it. TIA! :thumbright:
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
mburnz wrote:- Unless you get someone like Buster Posey treat catchers in the same vein as Tight Ends in football (there are serviceable guys in later rounds).
- Stay away from pitching until maybe round 5?

Ignore Buster Posey, too. Guys like Carlos Santana and Victor Martinez (in leagues that still count him as a C) are better values much later.
And don't ignore pitching early, but don't feel like you need to reach for it. No, you don't want to take Verlander in the top half of round 1, but if you see him or Kershaw or Price or Lee in the 2nd or 3rd rounds? You need to consider them.
Having a legitimate Ace on your team is a good thing, you just need to make sure you don't pass up on the legitimately elite (or very close to elite) hitters to get one.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,968.22
how many teams?

how many of? util? c's? ci? mi?

weekly lineups? daily? if daily, will you check daily?

waivers once/week? open season? faab?

Re website - I go to razzball (daily in-season, 2x per week off?) and fangraphs (whenever I need data, but at least twice/week to read articles) frequently as well as follow about a dozen people on twitter. I try to breeze through yahoo and espn once/week just to see what's being fed to the masses, couple of good eyes at yahoo but not espn.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,540.22
OarChambo wrote:how many teams?

how many of? util? c's? ci? mi?

weekly lineups? daily? if daily, will you check daily?

waivers once/week? open season? faab?

Re website - I go to razzball (daily in-season, 2x per week off?) and fangraphs (whenever I need data, but at least twice/week to read articles) frequently as well as follow about a dozen people on twitter. I try to breeze through yahoo and espn once/week just to see what's being fed to the masses, couple of good eyes at yahoo but not espn.

Looking like 12 teams
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, U, P (6) = 15 Active players
Daily lineups, and yeah I'm pretty on top of it....last year I set my lineup and scoured reports day in and out.
Looks like, for waivers, it's open season
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,994.52
I agree with about razzball and fangraphs. Razzball has some really good drafting articles. Hard 10 makes a good point about having an ace, especially in rotisserie. But again it's value.

The most important thing you have to consider is, that are new and you are going to have to learn. Learn the players, learn their habbits, and flat out learn the tricks of trade. You're going to make mistakes, but learn from them and develop your own style.

One of the most important things you can do is stay active. It's a really fun game once you get into it. Ohh yea, this place if great for chatter too.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,994.52
Just found this too....

https://twitter.com/closernews

We all could use some saves.