I cannot get anything correct tonight

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,197.60
This is a 10 team H2H. Scoring: (R),(H), (HR), (RBI), (SB), (OBP) & (W),(L),(SV), (K),(ERA),(WHIP)
1. (5) Robinson Cano 2B
2. (16) Troy Tulowitzki SS
3. (25) Justin Upton OF
4. (36) Edwin Encarnacion 1B
5. (45) Jay Bruce OF
6. (56) Billy Butler 1B
7. (65) Kris Medlen SP,RP
8. (76) Martin Prado 2B,3B,SS,OF
9. (85) Max Scherzer SP
10. (96) Rafael Soriano RP
11. (105) Brandon Morrow SP
12. (116) Jason Motte RP
13. (125) Ian Kennedy SP
14. (136) Carl Crawford OF
15. (145) Greg Holland RP
16. (156) Huston Street RP
17. (165) Salvador Perez C
18. (176) Brian McCann C
19. (185) Corey Hart 1B,OF
20. (196) Mike Minor SP
21. (205) Mitchell Boggs RP
22. (216) Josh Rutledge 2B,SS

We use only 3 OF, but have an IF and a Util.
Also, 2 DL spots (McCann and Motte for me atm).

I think I lost the plot right around Rd8. Kept losing the pitcher I wanted just before and then taking the next best one. Also realized I do not really have a 3B and almost no speed. My gut says my team is stinky.

How bad do you folks think this is? Is it fixable?

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

― Mark Twain
Great White Shark
Ok- so on Tuesday the WW goes into effect. I could use some help for my 2 free pickups.
Dexter Fowler is my #1 right now
Carpenter, Gardner, and Plouffe are in the battle for #2.

Also thinking of dropping Corey Heart.

Would he be better than any of the above?

Anyone have a sleeper that I might try to snag? (Boston league so Bradley is gone).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my worst draft in years- had no time to prep. Stupid real life things came into play. Good news is I have a nice new apartment and a nice new car. The not so bad news is I could really use Shark help.

The really bad news...well... I'll keep that to my self.

“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
Bunker wrote:Ok- so on Tuesday the WW goes into effect. I could use some help for my 2 free pickups.
Dexter Fowler is my #1 right now
Carpenter, Gardner, and Plouffe are in the battle for #2.

Also thinking of dropping Corey Heart.

Would he be better than any of the above?

Anyone have a sleeper that I might try to snag? (Boston league so Bradley is gone).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my worst draft in years- had no time to prep. Stupid real life things came into play. Good news is I have a nice new apartment and a nice new car. The not so bad news is I could really use Shark help.

The really bad news...well... I'll keep that to my self.

I'd keep Hart in a DL spot ahead of both Motte and McCann.

I'm a huge Fowler fan, and he'd be my first pick among those guys, too. Carpenter would be 2nd, as he's got a useful bat that will be eligible at 4 positions.
In a 10 team league, neither Gardner nor Plouffe is terribly attractive.
Also, it appears that Justin Maxwell is a triple machine. He's worth watching, if not picking up just yet.

Who else is available? Pitchers?

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Thanks for the advice. The top pitchers on the WW by % owned are:
Tim Hudson
Matt Harrison
Jeremy Hellickson
Derek Holland
Wade Miley
Trevor Cahill
Julio Teherán
Alex Cobb
Ryan Dempster
Brandon McCarthy
Phil Hughes
Edwin Jackson

For batters these guys are available:
Mark Teixeira
Brett Gardner
Alfonso Soriano
Howie Kendrick
Justin Morneau
Everth Cabrera
Brandon Belt
Coco Crisp
Dexter Fowler
Kendrys Morales
Andrelton Simmons
Lance Berkman
Alexei Ramírez
Emilio Bonifacio
Dustin Ackley

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,310.34
Bunker wrote:Thanks for the advice. The top pitchers on the WW by % owned are:
Tim Hudson
Matt Harrison
Jeremy Hellickson
Derek Holland
Wade Miley
Trevor Cahill
Julio Teherán
Alex Cobb
Ryan Dempster
Brandon McCarthy
Phil Hughes
Edwin Jackson

Mark Teixeira
Brett Gardner
Alfonso Soriano
Howie Kendrick
Justin Morneau
Everth Cabrera
Brandon Belt
Coco Crisp
Dexter Fowler
Kendrys Morales
Andrelton Simmons
Lance Berkman
Alexei Ramírez
Emilio Bonifacio
Dustin Ackley

i like Justin Ruggiano for a sleeper. And like the other guy said Maxwell is a sleeper too...especially since your league is OBP. You have alot of pitching options and none of those guys really sticks out. I'd look for the best matchups on that one. I like Maholm from ATL too as a SP

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Bunker wrote:Thanks for the advice. The top pitchers on the WW by % owned are:
Tim Hudson
Matt Harrison
Jeremy Hellickson
Derek Holland
Wade Miley
Trevor Cahill
Julio Teherán
Alex Cobb
Ryan Dempster
Brandon McCarthy
Phil Hughes
Edwin Jackson

Mark Teixeira
Brett Gardner
Alfonso Soriano
Howie Kendrick
Justin Morneau
Everth Cabrera
Brandon Belt
Coco Crisp
Dexter Fowler
Kendrys Morales
Andrelton Simmons
Lance Berkman
Alexei Ramírez
Emilio Bonifacio
Dustin Ackley

I'd pick up Cobb and Teheran immediately, and keep an eye on Hudson, Cahill, McCarthy and Jackson for good matchups and 2 start weeks.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Waivers went through last night and I ended up with Cobb and Fowler.

I still have McCann and am thinking of dropping him for another player.

Right now I have 2 BN spots for pitchers and 2 for batters-

Top 3 choices in the order I am considering them:
Tehren (but this would make me a bit pitcher heavy- with only 1 Batter bench spot).
Carpenter- IF Flex and a backup 3rd baseman- I only have Prado ATM.
Revere- Another outfielder- but has potential and I have injury risks.

Tehren and Carpenter are straight up pickups. Revere is on the WW.

What do you think?

― Mark Twain
Megalodon
Bunker wrote:Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Waivers went through last night and I ended up with Cobb and Fowler.

I still have McCann and am thinking of dropping him for another player.

Right now I have 2 BN spots for pitchers and 2 for batters-

Top 3 choices in the order I am considering them:
Tehren (but this would make me a bit pitcher heavy- with only 1 Batter bench spot).
Carpenter- IF Flex and a backup 3rd baseman- I only have Prado ATM.
Revere- Another outfielder- but has potential and I have injury risks.

Tehren and Carpenter are straight up pickups. Revere is on the WW.

What do you think?

Take Teheren quickly. There's no such thing as "pitcher heavy" in H2H leagues. The type of hitters that you'd regularly play matchups with don't deserve a full time roster spot in smaller leagues, and those guys, or comparable production, will be available in the free agent pool all season long.
I like Carpenter as an IF option more than Rutledge.

-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
OK- I grabbed Tehren.

The reason I went with Rutledge was he that had a bit more speed and seemed to have more upside in the power department. Two areas my team seems to be short on.

― Mark Twain
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,838.04
Put Hart on the DL, dump McCann, you don't need him with Sal anyway. Cobb types are going to be littered on waivers throughout the year, dump him too. I'd add Carpenter and Bonifacio.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:Put Hart on the DL, dump McCann, you don't need him with Sal anyway. Cobb types are going to be littered on waivers throughout the year, dump him too. I'd add Carpenter and Bonifacio.

I don't think so. I think he can be a top 40 starter all year, which means he a roster spot in every league.

-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,838.04
hard 10 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Put Hart on the DL, dump McCann, you don't need him with Sal anyway. Cobb types are going to be littered on waivers throughout the year, dump him too. I'd add Carpenter and Bonifacio.

I don't think so. I think he can be a top 40 starter all year, which means he a roster spot in every league.

Top 40 starter's will also include whoever is playing in San Diego, Seattle, or against the Astros any given week. Looking at the guys on waivers in his league he will be able to pick and choose good pitchers with great matchups every week. Unless he has a transaction limit that's how I'd treat the end of his rotation.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
hard 10 wrote:

Top 40 starter's will also include whoever is playing in San Diego, Seattle, or against the Astros any given week. Looking at the guys on waivers in his league he will be able to pick and choose good pitchers with great matchups every week. Unless he has a transaction limit that's how I'd treat the end of his rotation.

That's a reasonable point.
My expectations for Cobb are that he'll be a good option every week and one that won't last on waivers, while there are Bronson Arroyo/Jason Vargas/Paul Maholm types who are always available to fill in when they've got good matchups.
Basically, I think he's going to be a guy who can regularly provide good stats regardless of opponent. I try to keep as many of those guys as possible and fill in around them with great matchups or high-K relievers.

I could be overestimating him, but banking on Tampa starters tends to work out well.

-Mike McD, Rounders